PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Good idea but, my concern is how the arches meet the lower molding.

1629212262872.png
Does Porsche save that much money in making these with the textured finish? They remind me of the body cladding on the first version Avalanche and Ford Sportrac. They end up fading and looking grayish white. Black Magic.Armour All makes them look good till they get wet. They should come painted (black and maybe the upcharge for body color).

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Good idea but, my concern is how the arches meet the lower molding.

1629212262872.png
Yes indeed I too was looking at that but if you look closely at the pic you shared there are separate molding pieces that appear to overlay the baseboard/sill molding - looks again like a CT piece was adhered to the std base sill extension?

And remember - the original thread is about painting or replacing the plastic surrounds - this option to simply remove and recover the paint would be awesome if it works but perhaps sill a bit of a long shot.

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches wheel 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does Porsche save that much money in making these with the textured finish? They remind me of the body cladding on the first version Avalanche and Ford Sportrac. They end up fading and looking grayish white. Black Magic.Armour All makes them look good till they get wet. They should come painted (black and maybe the upcharge for body color).
Agreed - was def surprised when @Klepper showed the close up as was not expecting this level of 'roughness' - again, either sanding or as I shared a back in this post the smooth primed option for the Turbo S CT is available also but of course at addl. cost.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Per another thread, I was up close and personal to a CT just hours ago. The SA was on the other side of the car and I was able to apply a good amount of leverage to the plastic arch exposing double sided tape. Now that's not to say there isn't another fastening method but tape is definitely a part of it.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes indeed I too was looking at that but if you look closely at the pic you shared there are separate molding pieces that appear to overlay the baseboard/sill molding - looks again like a CT piece was adhered to the std base sill extension?

And remember - the original thread is about painting or replacing the plastic surrounds - this option to simply remove and recover the paint would be awesome if it works but perhaps sill a bit of a long shot.

wheel 2.png
Nice find! What I just saw had the off-road package so not the same treatment.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Per another thread, I was up close and personal to a CT just hours ago. The SA was on the other side of the car and I was able to apply a good amount of leverage to the plastic arch exposing double sided tape. Now that's not to say there isn't another fastening method but tape is definitely a part of it.
Very interesting.. there’s hope that the arches could just be carefully removed then!

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
BTW, I also enquired as to whether the parts page referenced above etc had any info on exactly how these elements were installed but there was apparently no addl. info. The other point I forgot to mention is that all these parts are currently in back-order and not yet available to purchase but presumably will be by EOY or early next.

I'm still not ruling out the possibility that these things were glued and clipped onto fully painted/clear-coated metal body and there is an outside chance that you could buff-polish back to a sedan look if removed (I also don't believe I'll be that lucky :)!
Has anyone removed the plastic wheel arches since this posting? Still wondering if it is finished when removed.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
There are holes for clips in the front and rear bumpers for the arches, about half inch in diameter just above the lower black trim line. Other than one clip per corner of the car they appear stuck on.
Front:
Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches DD449BBF-ABEF-4275-AB2C-92D0F41EEC6D

rear:
Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches D3555974-5C71-4C38-9652-EF136C540990

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are holes for clips in the front and rear bumpers for the arches, about half inch in diameter just above the lower black trim line. Other than one clip per corner of the car they appear stuck on.
Front:

rear:
@Bella
Can confirm the are attached by 3M-like removable adhesive tape - easily removed with help of heat gun (great care!) etc. - a Belgian forum user posted the info on separate related thread (he was one if not the first to have them painted along with side skirts and front/rear facia) - the issue with removing them however has more to do with how they link to the side skirts etc. i.e. there would be a hole/gap - if I find the other thread I'll update this - all discussed there ...

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
@Bella
Can confirm the are attached by 3M-like removable adhesive tape - easily removed with help of heat gun (great care!) etc. - a Belgian forum user posted the info on separate related thread (he was one if not the first to have them painted along with side skirts and front/rear facia) - the issue with removing them however has more to do with how they link to the side skirts etc. i.e. there would be a hole/gap - if I find the other thread I'll update this - all discussed there ...
Did you find the other thread?

lunatictokyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Crossturismo 4S
Country flag
After a prompt from member @satchurator (thx for the initial enquiry by him) and to member @Klepper for kindly providing this VIN for the parts search, , I went ahead and got the total cost of purchasing the wheel arch plastic coverings for the Cross Turismo from Suncoast Porsche in order to paint separately. A diagram attached - these parts come pre-primed and ready for paint so of course you'd need to factor in paint/clear coat costs too.

Total for parts alone is $887.84 - nothing cheap with Porsche :)!

I'm actually still waiting on 2 quotes to have the originals prepped and painted but will post once I get those.

Part No.s - Thanks to Charles at Suncoast Parts.

#1 $71.31 each side
#2 $92.69 each side
#3 $35.67 each side
#4 $35.67 each side
#5 $80.22 each side
#6 $44.55 each side
#7 $83.81 each side

arches.png
i know I’m reviving an old thread but I PM you regarding the part number. Thank you.