ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
IMG_6806.JPG

Found this Sport Turismo look on internet and looks awesome.
There you go - great find - very clean look no doubt and done by a proper graphics artist - and yes would def like to have the sedan arches but weirdly enough I think I’ll be happy with the uniqueness of the painted plastic arches - I know it sounds like I’m compromising for what I already ordered but genuine - of course until I see my car painted I guess jury's out :)

the link you referenced (Autobild.de) for some reason appears to be banned here on the Taycan Forum:
https://www.[Banned Site].com/threads/porsche-taycan-sport-turismo-rendering.856/

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After a prompt from member @satchurator (thx for the initial enquiry by him) and to member @Klepper for kindly providing this VIN for the parts search, , I went ahead and got the total cost of purchasing the wheel arch plastic coverings for the Cross Turismo from Suncoast Porsche in order to paint separately. A diagram attached - these parts come pre-primed and ready for paint so of course you'd need to factor in paint/clear coat costs too.

Total for parts alone is $887.84 - nothing cheap with Porsche :)!

I'm actually still waiting on 2 quotes to have the originals prepped and painted but will post once I get those.

Part No.s - Thanks to Charles at Suncoast Parts.

#1 $71.31 each side
#2 $92.69 each side
#3 $35.67 each side
#4 $35.67 each side
#5 $80.22 each side
#6 $44.55 each side
#7 $83.81 each side

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches arches

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BTW, I also enquired as to whether the parts page referenced above etc had any info on exactly how these elements were installed but there was apparently no addl. info. The other point I forgot to mention is that all these parts are currently in back-order and not yet available to purchase but presumably will be by EOY or early next.

I'm still not ruling out the possibility that these things were glued and clipped onto fully painted/clear-coated metal body and there is an outside chance that you could buff-polish back to a sedan look if removed (I also don't believe I'll be that lucky :)!

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
- these parts come pre-primed and ready for paint

Total for parts alone is $887.84 - nothing cheap with Porsche :)!
Excellent news. So I take it these are the parts from the Turbo S? Otherwise, they would be the matte textured plastic. No?

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
an outside chance that you could buff-polish back to a sedan look if removed (I also don't believe I'll be that lucky :)!
And the purchase of new side markers. ;)

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent news. So I take it these are the parts from the Turbo S? Otherwise, they would be the matte textured plastic. No?
That is the assumption but can be ordered regardless of what model you have i.e. you don't need to have a Turbo S VIN to receive these.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And the purchase of new side markers. ;)
You don't need new side markers unless you want to swap out the amber for white - I already bought a set of white side markers that are CT specific but not a necessary cost if your are happy with your stock amber.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm actually going to a body shop tomorrow to drop my wife's car off...again :p

I'll see if their software has been updated with the CT. If so, the fastening method will be revealed :cool:

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks to me that it may be a slightly different profile to account for the arches.
I think you are getting a bit confused - the side marker lights are different only between the Sedan and the Cross Turismo. I happened to be the first to point this out to Suncoast Parts as they were initially advertising the Sedan side markers for both models - they have since updated their site.

We are talking here of replacing plastic arches that require the CT specific side marker. Since all CT's regardless of model (4, 4s, Turbo, Turbo S) come with these plastic arch extenders it has absolutely no bearing on the side marker - a CT comes with a CT side marker. The only upgrade I mentioned I was doing was changing the side marker from USA OEM amber to European white - Suncoast Parts now offer the correct CT side marker in white for this option.

So to be specific the profile of a Turbo S plastic wheel arch is no different to the profile of a 4S plastic wheel arch.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think you are getting a bit confused
Ah. I misread your post regarding buffing. I thought you were buffing the car if arches were removed. No worries.

Regardless, it is unlikely that textured plastic can be buffed. A body shop could use "high build primer" then sand smooth. We use this product in the sign industry frequently.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah. I misread your post regarding buffing. I thought you were buffing the car if arches were removed. No worries.

Regardless, it is unlikely that textured plastic can be buffed. A body shop could use "high build primer" then sand smooth. We use this product in the sign industry frequently.
Just to be clear also :) - my references to 'buffing' are only if once the plastic guards are removed we find that the painted body underneath is no different than to the sedan and if there is no significant damage from glue or clips that held the plastic guards on, then buffing and polishing the clear coat of the painted car might be possible to bring it back to as if it never had the guards to begin with - this would be an optimal result i.e. essentially a zero cost solution if done by yourself.

I never suggested to buff the plastic. I did state that the the plastic if to be painted would need sanding/prep/painting IF we use the original matte back units. If we purchase the Turbo S specific replacement parts the sanding/priming process has already been done for you and the parts are primed and ready for final painting.
Cheers, C.

PS: If you look back in this thread you'll see an example of where I went though this whole sanding/painting process on the plastic trim on my wife's Mini Cooper S :)

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
PS: If you look back in this thread you'll see an example of where I went though this whole sanding/painting process on the plastic trim on my wife's Mini Cooper S :)
Nicely done.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Thought I'd post a graphically altered view of what I think I want my on-order CT 4S to look like which is essentially I suppose what a future Sport model may look like but for which I can't wait. Hence the mods I plan for my car starting in November assuming the thing turns up as planned :)

All pretty subtle so far except perhaps the lowering - in these images this stance would represent the MAX. lowered position and I'd likely drive at the next highest setting given the state of Houston streets!

The only part I have yet to source is the clear rear reflectors - hoping that a 3rd party will deliver these and if you know of one being developed I'd love to hear by whom. Would be cool if it mimicked the side marker in style but getting ahead of myself :)

Cheers, C.

PS: will try to clean up the altered graphics as pretty poor & done rather quickly!

factory.png

mod 2.png

mod.png
Well done! When it comes to black plastic body molding, less is more. BTW, have you already found the white reflectors? I picked up clear side markers from SunCoast for my sedan but have not seen rear reflector replacements.