ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag
I have spoke to my local paint shop and they have quoted me painted arches (they will sand it before paint it), front and rear bumper for total US$1250 ✌

After a prompt from member @satchurator (thx for the initial enquiry by him) and to member @Klepper for kindly providing this VIN for the parts search, , I went ahead and got the total cost of purchasing the wheel arch plastic coverings for the Cross Turismo from Suncoast Porsche in order to paint separately. A diagram attached - these parts come pre-primed and ready for paint so of course you'd need to factor in paint/clear coat costs too.

Total for parts alone is $887.84 - nothing cheap with Porsche :)!

I'm actually still waiting on 2 quotes to have the originals prepped and painted but will post once I get those.

Part No.s - Thanks to Charles at Suncoast Parts.

#1 $71.31 each side
#2 $92.69 each side
#3 $35.67 each side
#4 $35.67 each side
#5 $80.22 each side
#6 $44.55 each side
#7 $83.81 each side

arches.png

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Well done! When it comes to black plastic body molding, less is more. BTW, have you already found the white reflectors? I picked up clear side markers from SunCoast for my sedan but have not seen rear reflector replacements.
I only wish - I have the markers too. Charles at Suncoast forwarded my render to his management as something to perhaps track/suggest with partners point forward - these mods usually show up sooner or later with 3rd party developers.

Need to check if the Sedan's reflectors are identical to the CT's - do you know? If they are I guess I'm surprised then that some options have not already appeared after 2 years of production. My temporary back-up is some very high quality reflector tape that you can cut to size and overlay - will have to see if looks like crap or a good temp solution :) - there are other options but doing something like 3D printing is super complex with compound curves etc. so pretty unlikely I'll pursue that avenue!

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have spoke to my local paint shop and they have quoted me painted arches (they will sand it before paint it), front and rear bumper for total US$1250 ✌
Wow - seriously, arches + front + rear bumper - I would not think twice on that offer if you think that the quality is there. Thats a heck of a deal - lucky you :)

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I had been considering having the arches wrapped in body color but I think after reading this I’ll go the painted route

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm actually going to a body shop tomorrow to drop my wife's car off...again :p

I'll see if their software has been updated with the CT. If so, the fastening method will be revealed :cool:

Sadly, no fastening method revealed. The CT did not appear in the body shop software yet.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Hello @ciaranob, I was wondering if you got your car delivered yet? I am really itching to see a Cross Tourismo in person before making my decision on what to do with my cars.

I'm currently driving a Model 3 Performance and have a 997 Turbo for the weekends but to be honest, I get so little use out of the Turbo that I'm considering rolling them both into a Taycan.

With taller kids the sedan is a bit cramped in the rear (we're all tall, except for my 11 year old) and I would love to see a Cross Tourismo in person.

Which dealer did you order yours from?

Thanks!

P.S. - I recognize your username from somewhere. BMW forums?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello @ciaranob, I was wondering if you got your car delivered yet? I am really itching to see a Cross Tourismo in person before making my decision on what to do with my cars.

I'm currently driving a Model 3 Performance and have a 997 Turbo for the weekends but to be honest, I get so little use out of the Turbo that I'm considering rolling them both into a Taycan.

With taller kids the sedan is a bit cramped in the rear (we're all tall, except for my 11 year old) and I would love to see a Cross Tourismo in person.

Which dealer did you order yours from?

Thanks!

P.S. - I recognize your username from somewhere. BMW forums?
Hey There - yes I think I recognize your handle too - had my M4 on bimmerpost - has been a while since I visited!

Unfortunately my build delayed for all the usual reasons and now predicted to be here mid-Jan 2022!! Was initially scheduled for mid-Nov 2021. Bummed to say the least but not alone there.

I am a 6 footer so can relate although you guys sound taller still :) The reviews of the rear all seem quite positive about the extra headroom in the CT (vs the sedan), coupled with a small addl. gain with the Pano roof, so I suspect you will be good to go - don't have the links to hand but can search the forum. There are a couple of CT owners's in Houston on the forum you might ping but I have yet to see a CT in the flesh in dealerships.

I ordered from Porsche North.

Last edited:

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Hey guys - I replaced my side lights with the clear equivalent last night. I took some pics, but still can’t really tell what holds the arches on:

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches F1CBAD4B-A35B-4CD6-8278-4A3C89F6EB7B
Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches side marker2
Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches side marker

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey guys - I replaced my side lights with the clear equivalent last night. I took some pics, but still can’t really tell what holds the arches on:

View attachment 19944
Great stuff, and thx for sharing. Def looks promising and super curious to see when mine are taken off - hopefully someone else will have done this mod before Jan next year though and we'll get a final answer.

The other thing about your pics is how 'rough' the texture is on these wheel arch covers - a bit surprised TBH so more sanding than I thought will be necessary. Still considering ordering the primed and ready for paint Turbo CT S covers and keeping the originals as ''back-up' but will come down to costs involved.

You need to add a pic of your markers installed :)!

PS- meant to ask - are there clips visible on the underside or back of the wheel arch that bind this cover to the car - if not then glue may be what is used? Seems like they'd want to secure it with more than glue?

PPS: that middle pic sure seems to indicate that the metal is fully painted/clearcoated under the plastic arch :like:

Last edited:

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Judging by the fit, and your picture, my guess would be 3M-type trim tape. It's pretty commonly used on deco pieces like this by OEM's.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Judging by the fit, and your picture, my guess would be 3M-type trim tape. It's pretty commonly used on deco pieces like this by OEM's.
Agreed (when I said glue was actually thinking of something like this) - if as discussed previously in this thread, this turns out to be true then there is a real chance the painted surface can be 'recovered' and instead of the CT specific side markers, we could install std sedan side markers - would be an ideal situation!

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Excellent point and smart search - beginning to think that this might be a WAY simpler mod than originally thought and might be yet sending back the CT markers for Sedan versions :)
Good idea but, my concern is how the arches meet the lower molding.

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches 1629212262872
Sponsored