My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thought I'd post a graphically altered view of what I think I want my on-order CT 4S to look like which is essentially I suppose what a future Sport model may look like but for which I can't wait. Hence the mods I plan for my car starting in November assuming the thing turns up as planned :)

All pretty subtle so far except perhaps the lowering - in these images this stance would represent the MAX. lowered position and I'd likely drive at the next highest setting given the state of Houston streets!

The only part I have yet to source is the clear rear reflectors - hoping that a 3rd party will deliver these and if you know of one being developed I'd love to hear by whom. Would be cool if it mimicked the side marker in style but getting ahead of myself :)

Cheers, C.

PS: will try to clean up the altered graphics as pretty poor & done rather quickly!

EDIT - My car delivery delayed to Jan 2022 as of course have many others :(

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches factory

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches mod 2

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches mod

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Clear side markers are discussed on another thread if you search. I think Sun Coast was one of the companies in US able to source and supply.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Clear side markers are discussed on another thread if you search. I think Sun Coast was one of the companies in US able to source and supply.
Yes I was the one to inform Suncoast that they were incorrectly displaying the sedan side markers as fitting the CT. The CT side markers have a different profile - they have since updated their site and mine hopefully here end of August but of course supply dependent.

Last edited:

ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag
Same here, I will ask my dealer to paint wheel arches before I collect the car. Maybe will paint front and rear bumper too. Love Taycan Sports Turismo look.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here, I will ask my dealer to paint wheel arches before I collect the car. Maybe will paint front and rear bumper too. Love Taycan Sports Turismo look.
Yeah I knew when I bought the car that I was never or at best extremely rarely going to take it on any sort of gravel roads or similar, especially here in Houston :), so much prefer the 'street' look.

Had a couple of BMW sport wagons (E46 and E91) but always wanted the M version that never came! This puppy will suffice :) Longer term if a keeper there may be an option to purchase a Spot Turismo wheel arch set if sufficiently different but def not a necessity and unlikely that I'd actually do this - technically you could get a Turbo S arch set today but almost certainly prohibitive re cost. There is a certain uniqueness to the car having these body colored.

Whilst a very different scenario, attached is a stock 2004 pic of a Mini Cooper S and my wife's 2004 MCS, first as new in 2004 and second after a wax in 2017, that incredibly we still own and still runs like a top. I had the fender arches painted right from the dealership also :) - just completely ups the look of the car - she refuses to get a new car and I get the pleasure of keeping her baby clean :)! If they ever bump the battery on the electric Mini we'll get one but range too limiting as is.

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches stock 2004

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches 2004.JPG

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches 2017.JPG

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only part I have yet to source is the clear rear reflectors - hoping that a 3rd party will deliver these and if you know of one being developed I'd love to hear by whom. Would be cool if it mimicked the side marker in style but getting ahead of myself :)
As mentioned above until a manufacturer makes a clear reflector set for the rear of the Cross Turismo, you could alternately wrap them in 'dark-out' or smoke film - not a preferred option for me but possibly a temporary change until a physical replacement is on the market.

An example:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/1-424.html

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I was the one to inform Suncoast that they were incorrectly displaying the sedan side markers as fitting the CT. The CT side markers have a different profile - they have since updated their site and mine hopefully here end of August but of course supply dependent.
Looks like my order has been shipped so will have the side markers 4 months ahead of time!! :surprised:

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Totally agree on the wheel arches...I'd have to get them painted as well. I know it's been brought up before but has anyone confirmed how those wheel arches are attached to the car? I know there had been some wishful thinking that they may just be glued on and that the metal underneath is the same as the sedan.... Just wondering if this theory has been refuted.

I still can't wrap my ahead around why Porsche doesn't offer the option to color match the arches...they love charging outrageous prices for all manner of customizations. And of course Audi offers the choice on their 50k A4 allroads. Really odd.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Totally agree on the wheel arches...I'd have to get them painted as well. I know it's been brought up before but has anyone confirmed how those wheel arches are attached to the car? I know there had been some wishful thinking that they may just be glued on and that the metal underneath is the same as the sedan.... Just wondering if this theory has been refuted.
Yes I had asked the same question in another thread but no solid answer as yet - this would be ideal and I could return my CT side markers for the sedan variant :)! Guessing no one has detached arches as yet - car is just too recent/new. I think we'd be super lucky however if it was that simple.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Yes I had asked the same question in another thread but no solid answer as yet - this would be ideal and I could return my CT side markers for the sedan variant :)! Guessing no one has detached arches as yet - car is just too recent/new. I think we'd be super lucky however if it was that simple.
Probably true. I walked by an old Land Rover LR3 today with one of its plastic wheel arches missing. It had a bunch of ugly plastic clips underneath that were used to hold on the arch. I suspect the same might be true of the CT arches.

ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you look closely at turbo s's wheel arches is actually gloss black. Standard on all turbo s.
Yes indeed was aware of that - I was just pointing out what a color matched arch to body looks like - this was a decent example albeit likely not perfect as the black body color indeed is prob not the exact black of the wheel arches :)

Attached here one of the first example I saw of the Turbo S black arches and on my body color choice :) Saw this well after I had my build submitted but close to what my 4S looks like!

Porsche Taycan My Cross Turismo 4S 'Sport' - Painted Arches Turbo S in Volcano Grey like my build