ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Luckily the extension cord works. That was no fun to make. In the picture you can see that the cable is resting on the frame for the rack but there is no stress on it. I sealed it with some silicone kit and will fill it up with some black kit to make it look better. Other then that everything is done and works perfectly.

Great job - well done.

Have to say though that this series of images reminds me why I like my current setup so much :)

My prior (BMW-Audi) bike rack, again very similar to yours, but I truly hated the big blocky light assemblies on these things (as I do on the OEM offering from Porsche)! Realize of course great visibility (and indeed may be constrained by local country laws etc), but drove me nuts as so incompatible with the car's elegant design lines.

With Will's carrier solution I purchased and added slim line, super bright LED trailer lights that imho look a million times 'classier' than the 3rd party offerings which are typically non-brand specific.

Did a quick vid I shared prev (link below) to illustrate that all light functions work perfectly when hooked up with the industry std trailer plug that came with them - took all of 10 minutes to set them up on the 1Up racks and plug in- can look at other posts if interested above the link to the vid provided here:
Sponsored

Albion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-22 Taycan 4CT, -84 911 3.2
Country flag
Hi,

I have no plans on selling these but if you want info please feel free to ask. The factory is clossed at the moment because of the summer holidays. I will post the technical drawing ones I get it.
looks fantastic - a dream to finally be able to use my ridiculously expensive Thule rack that’s collecting dust atm.

Do you think the factory you used would be happy to make a few more pieces? In that case can you provide contact info / email to the factory when they open?

mrbel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, 987 RS60 Spyder, MX-5
Country flag
Looks great, congrats! I am waiting for the Porsche Rack for 4 months, because it is not deliverable at the moment. And your solution has the great advantage to reuse existing carriers. Great!

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
looks fantastic - a dream to finally be able to use my ridiculously expensive Thule rack that’s collecting dust atm.

Do you think the factory you used would be happy to make a few more pieces? In that case can you provide contact info / email to the factory when they open?

Hi,

Of course I will ask but in the end I think it is cheaper to have it produced in Sweden.
That way you can do some test fitting etc to make sure everything fits. This is made by hand so consistency is hard to guaranty and unfortunately I don’t have the time to do the test fitting for you. I will post the technical drawing as soon as I get it.

SorenDK

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Looks really interesting. I will get my new CT 4 in a few months and I would really like this rack too.
Do you think you friend at the factory will ship here?

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Looks really interesting. I will get my new CT 4 in a few months and I would really like this rack too.
Do you think you friend at the factory will ship here?
Hi,

Please see my response above your post.

johanedlund

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo (MY22)
Country flag
Hi,

Of course I will ask but in the end I think it is cheaper to have it produced in Sweden.
That way you can do some test fitting etc to make sure everything fits. This is made by hand so consistency is hard to guaranty and unfortunately I don’t have the time to do the test fitting for you. I will post the technical drawing as soon as I get it.
Hi, new member here and will pick up my Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo tomorrow. Have been browsing the forum and stumbled across this post and yoour comment on sharing the technical drawings. Is this something that you still will do because I really would like to produce my own.

/J

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi, new member here and will pick up my Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo tomorrow. Have been browsing the forum and stumbled across this post and yoour comment on sharing the technical drawings. Is this something that you still will do because I really would like to produce my own.

/J
Hi,

Yes I will, but at the moment i’m on a holiday.
I will post this asap when I get back at the end of this month.

MrPink_HUN

First Name
Imi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S 2022
Country flag
Hi,

Yes I will, but at the moment i’m on a holiday.
I will post this asap when I get back at the end of this month.
Hi,
is it possible to get some technical drawings about this mount? i would like to try to build it :)
thanks in advance

Chris911

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan
Country flag
Hi David did you order the car with the option to fit the Porsche bike rack and fit you design to fit that part or did you just make your bar and towing ball fit the standard car
Thanks chris

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hi David did you order the car with the option to fit the Porsche bike rack and fit you design to fit that part or did you just make your bar and towing ball fit the standard car
Thanks chris
For US Cross Turismo models (and I think all?) the receivers for the OEM bike rack are std. including electrical hook ups.

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks chris
Hi,

I ordred it with the option for the OEM bike rack. If you don´t do that in The Netherlands you don,t get the wiring etc. installed for the lights.

SorenDK

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Ok guys, Here is the design..... finally ;-)
Thanks a lot for the design drawing. I have talked to a few persons to have it produced here in DK. However, the problem seems to be to find the material in Ø47 mm. Do you have any idea of where to find it?

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the design drawing. I have talked to a few persons to have it produced here in DK. However, the problem seems to be to find the material in Ø47 mm. Do you have any idea of where to find it?
I have no Idea. The metal factory that does a lot of work for my company had it in stock. So I think it is not a rare item to get. But then again, what do I know :) Maybe at the moment this diameter is harder to get with everyting in the world being out of stock?
Sponsored