SorenDK

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have no Idea. The metal factory that does a lot of work for my company had it in stock. So I think it is not a rare item to get. But then again, what do I know :) Maybe at the moment this diameter is harder to get with everyting in the world being out of stock?
I pushed my contacts again and the options they come up with involves milling down the diameter from 48 (or 49 mm) to 47 mm - a rather expensive solution.
Do you think there is any chance your supplier will make the rack? I will pay up-front of course.
Sponsored

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I pushed my contacts again and the options they come up with involves milling down the diameter from 48 (or 49 mm) to 47 mm - a rather expensive solution.
Do you think there is any chance your supplier will make the rack? I will pay up-front of course.
I think that won't be a problem but keep in mind that mine was made on the car.
That means they made the tubing and welded it on one side and made the final bending on the car to get a perfect fit. If they make a new one, have it coated and then for some reason it won't fit you have a big problem. Mine was a real custom product so it is on your own risk. Shipping won't be cheap so keep in mind that this will probably get expensive.

One question, Does your car have the factory preparations for a bike rack? I believe this was only available on the cross turismo?

SorenDK

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I think that won't be a problem but keep in mind that mine was made on the car.
That means they made the tubing and welded it on one side and made the final bending on the car to get a perfect fit. If they make a new one, have it coated and then for some reason it won't fit you have a big problem. Mine was a real custom product so it is on your own risk. Shipping won't be cheap so keep in mind that this will probably get expensive.

One question, Does your car have the factory preparations for a bike rack? I believe this was only available on the cross turismo?
Yes, my car has the preparations for the bike rack. I got my new Cross Turismo a month ago. But I haven't updated my profile yet.
I understand your points and I will investigate a little more her before ordering the rack from a remote factory.
Do you know what material was used - aluminium, stainless steel... ?

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes, my car has the preparations for the bike rack. I got my new Cross Turismo a month ago. But I haven't updated my profile yet.
I understand your points and I will investigate a little more her before ordering the rack from a remote factory.
Do you know what material was used - aluminium, stainless steel... ?
Steel and a special double coating made for outdoor use.

Dalton07

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ranger
Country flag
Good job, but I have some suggestions when putting your bike on the bike rack. You should add double security with extra straps for optimum security. you can always use an old toe band and anchor the lower parts of the bike into the rack. This will lessen all swinging and bouncing during the trip. Turn the bar sideways and strap it into the top cylinder.

Last edited:

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Good job, but I have some suggestions when putting your bike on the bike rack. You should add double security with extra straps for optimum security. you can always use an old toe band and anchor the lower parts of the bike into the rack. This will lessen all swinging and bouncing during the trip. Turn the bar sideways and strap it into the top cylinder.
Thanks but that's not needed on this rack.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Is it in steel or in aluminum? Is this screwed in the bumper holes?

OP
OP

David4Cross

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
It´s steel and you push in and lock it in place when you rotate it to horizontal level.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Thank you for this wonderful idea @David4Cross . I had one made too. For winter sports, I converted my bike carrier into a ski rack. That allowed me to ski/snowboard with 4 people. And without a roof box that significantly limits the range.

Very happy with it!

IMG_6719.jpeg
Dont forget to place a blue NL sticker on the white license plate. In Germany I got a fine for it

Paul4sCT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turismo 4s
Country flag
Dont forget to place a blue NL sticker on the white license plate. In Germany I got a fine for it
That’s a good tip! You don’t see that often with white plates. On my rack, there’s a NL sticker, maybe that helped me get away with it.
Sponsored