My Dolomite Silver CT 4 has arrived at the dealer

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My Taycan 4 CT has arrived at the dealer.

Ordered half december, promised delivery second half of February, delayed to 8/3 and finally arrived last week. Still consider myself really lucky with the time of delivery.

Past car was an X5 45e for 2 years, good car but I wanted something else. Sold it for a really good price in december. Driving around in a Toyota Corolla now, because nothing else available.

SA told me he was really happy for me that my car made it. Lots of orders with a fixed date that just disappeared from the system without a new date yet. Lots of angry and disappointed customers he had to deal with.

Asked him if I had the latest PCM. He had to check, wasn’t sure but there was a good chance it would be on my car. He already saw it on another Taycan and he said it looked really good. Told him not to be to extatic on the new PCM until he new it was on mine. 🤓

The car will go to the body shop on Thursday to paint the wheel arches (3 K euro, gloss black Turbo S parts ordered and will be painted in Dolomite) and I can pick it up next Wednesday.

Many thanks to the forum for all the posts and answers to my questions the lead to this configuration:

Dolomite Silver
Vesuvius grey inlays
Gloss black window trim
20 inch Turbo S Design wheels
Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
Electric charging cover
LED with PDLS + (had to cancel matrix, not available anymore)

Roofrails in black aluminium
Electric folding mirrors
Automatic dimming mirrors
Full black leather
Bose
14 w seats, ventilated, heated, massage
Heated back seats
4+1 seat
4 zone AC
Airbags rear
Dark silver interior accents
Ambient lightning
Heated steering wheel
Sport chrono with compass

Rear axle steering
HUD
Comfort acces
ACC
Surround view
Parking assist
Home link
Pano roof
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass

22 kw charger
Heat pump
PIRM

Maybe interesting for future buyers on my decision making:

4 vs 4S: I asked to test a 4 because I already set my mind to go for a 4 because of the price difference. Unfortunately not available and got a 4S to test. Great ride off course. Tested a RWD afterwards and that was more than fast enough for me. Didn’t test the 4S again not be tempted. If I would have 20.000 euro lying around not know what to do with it I would have gone for the 4S. Even when I would have dropped some less essential options, it would still be a big difference. Someone cancelled his order on a CT 4 and they gave me this slot that could still be fully configurated . Would have had to wait longer for the 4S, and probably much longer now.

Color:
Maybe to start a little bias: I am color blind. I wanted a light color, easier to keep clean and cooler in the summer, Dolomite is my favorite. I have spent a lot of time cleaning my Carbon black and Sophito grau BMW’s in the past.

Vesuvius inlays: silver inlays are not the same as Dolomite, high gloss black didn’t match with the more matte plastic, so I chose Vesuvius and I think it looks good. Seeing it in person today: it is also matte I thought it would have been a bit glossy judging other posts on this forum.

Wheels: I like the look of these, also now that I saw them in person. I never take the biggest wheels for costs and comfort.

Surround view: it’s a big car

Parking assist: better 3D view, reversing assist in parking lots: have to see how it works out, did not take it for automatic parking. Maybe to expensive for what it is.

Electric charing cover: preferred the look it is smaller, I like the black fin, I think it safer when parked at a public charger. I hope I won’t be sorry if it fails. Don’t know if it has a substantial negative effect on range.

Full leather: first chose basalt Olea: SA advised against it with black interior because the difference is really hard to see and feel. He advises it for truffel because it is only available in Olea.

Full leather vs standard : the leather is smooth in full leather and in standard it has some kind of structure. I like the leather and stitching on the dash and doors.

Bose, because the Burmester is too expensive and not worth it for me.

14w vs 18w seats: I like the look of both. First chose 18W, SA advised against because they are less comfortable on longer drivers. And after testing both I agreed. Even when fully open the side bolsters push on my legs (1m92, 90 Kg)

Seat heating in the back: for the kids
4 zone AC : because I wanted the screen in the back

4+1 : we have 2 kids, so just for emergencies, and for the 3 part folding seat back vs 2.

Ventilated and massage seats, liked it in the X5, and because I went from 18 to 14 W seats and Olea to full leather, I saved some money anyway

Heated steering wheel : used it a lot in my last cars

HUD: for ACC, current speed, traffic signs, and navigation. have to see how it works in practice. Liked it in the BMW. Was back and forth due to posts on this forum. My past cars had HUD, my wife’s car has HUD, the Toyota I have now doesn’t and I really miss it. Guess i will be happy with the HUD. And I also like the look of the dashboard.

ACC : use it a lot, SA advised against Innodrive in Belgium, Belgian highways are to complex. Might do the 3 months trial with FOD during summer holidays

Sport chrono: because of the mode switch and the GT steering wheel. Compass because I don’t like the clock

Acoustic glas: for safety, better temperature control ?, quiet ride. Don’t know if it will make a really big difference. SA advised against it but I took it anyway because I had it on the X5 and liked it. Probably also for the safety part.

Rear wheel steering: because everyone is so enthusiastic about this, and I had it in the X5 and liked it. Test drove a CT 4S and a RWD without and they where fine too. Didn’t do parking lots however with my test drives.

PTV plus: SA advised against because I wouldn’t feel the difference when I told him how I like to drive

22 kw charger: wanted the best charing available. Figured it could be practical on road trips being able to charge the battery 20% in 1 hour. My family trips are 2 x 200-225 km. Too long for a a single charge. Charging for 2-3 hours will be enough to return and I won’t have to watch my drive style to optimize the range. Maybe the standard 11 kw charger will be good enough too and 1800 euro is too expensive for the couple of times I really need 22 kw, And I hope I won’t be sorry if it fails. Only found out about potential problems after my lock date.

Heat pump: seams a logic choice on an EV. Will only make a difference in cold temperatures. Don’t know if it will make a huge difference.

Comfort acces: I like the functionality, have had it for years on my past cars. Key doesn’t come out of my pocket. The car is parked inside.

Installed a 22 Kw Wallbox Pulsar plus in my garage. We have 3x400 V at home and upgraded from 16 to 32 A. The electrician had to do a lot of work to get the thick wire in the garage. Could also asked him to just put the wire and an industrial socket in the garage and use a mobile charger connect. I preferred the Wall box because it is cheaper than the mobile charger Connect and I am going to keep the Porsche EVSE in the car for charging on destinations.

I hope this wasn’t too long and boring but it might be valuable for the ones configuring now.

I will post again after collecting the car
Porsche Taycan My Dolomite Silver CT 4 has arrived at the dealer E3C23B82-4B38-4738-A693-37BA4EB7C571
if my configuration was what I expected.
Sponsored

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
pls post a pic from the side if you have it,
I don’t have any others. Will take some new ones after painting the wheel arches and collecting it next week

Porsche Taycan My Dolomite Silver CT 4 has arrived at the dealer 04868DCD-EDD6-40E9-80F2-75C3DD90C55C

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The car will go to the body shop on Thursday to paint the wheel arches (3 K euro, gloss black Turbo S parts ordered and will be painted in Dolomite) and I can pick it up next Wednesday.
Congratulations on your imminent delivery!
Thanks for sharing your process. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how you get on with replacing the arch trims. I'm going to leave mine as is (assuming I ever take delivery) initially, then might get them switched for the Turbo S ones but keeping them in gloss black.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Collected my car today. Got the colored incons and updated pcm.
Had the blinking alarm light but it was taken care of and solved. Everything works. Very happy. It is going in for coating this weekend and I will post some better pictures next week.

Great handeling. Convinced by the CT 4. No doubts anymore if it was the right choice for me. And als happy with the painted wheel arches.

Porsche Taycan My Dolomite Silver CT 4 has arrived at the dealer 35129DD6-0AFC-4F87-8AD5-60628F472E7D

Last edited:

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Looks great, congratulations. Not jealous at all!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Collected my car today. Got the colored incons and updated pcm.
Had the blinking alarm light but it was taken care of and solved. Everything works. Very happy. It is going in for coating this weekend and I will post some better pictures next week.

Great handeling. Convinced by the CT 4. No doubts anymore if it was the right choice for me. And als happy with the painted wheel arches.

35129DD6-0AFC-4F87-8AD5-60628F472E7D.jpeg
Nice job on the fender covers :) - looking excellent and such an upgrade from unpainted.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats!
I have CT4 (with truffle olea inside) and I do agree that 20” tires are more comfortable (i have winter tires on 20“, and 21” for summer) and you’ll save few % of SoC as well.
otherwise, quite similar config as mine (i don’tt have HUD, but I selected PDCC, PVT+), and I believe thst you’ll smile all the way :like:

Last edited:

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, iPace, Taycan(s) on order
Congrats!!! Love the black and silver.

I have ordered 22kw on mine as well, in spite of some of the issues noted here (hopefully resolved in cars being built now!)

I have had both 7kw (Podpoint) and 22kw (Anderson) chargers installed at home (we have three phase even though UK) and I find it makes quite a difference to the charge time during the day even for our 11kw cars. If you forget to charge at night, or need a day charge for any other reason, just opens up a world of possibilities for public charger (aka stress) free travel.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Some comments after the first drives

I am really happy with my configuration and no regrets yet.

Like the look of Dolomite with contrast of the black of the wheels, window trim, panoramic roof, bars. Glad I had the wheel arches painted.

The CT4 is more than fast enough for my drive style. I don’t think the 4S would be worth the 19.000 extra for me.

I really like the way it drives. Much better than the X5 and 640d GT I had before. First Porsche great experience.

I have rear wheel steering. Like it. Turns really well. Can’t compare how it would drive without but didn’t have any problems in the underground parking. Surround view is good to have. It’s a big car.

Charging. Tried IONITY fast charging just to see if everything works. Quick connection without problems. Charging speed 100 kw but I was at 75% SOC. Had a problem with my Wallbox not wanting to charge, the car was in lift. Don’t know if that was the problem but it was charging when I set it back to normal level. Will have to try again.

Set a charger timer for 85% at 7h30 and it worked well with the Wallbox.

It’s very comfortable to drive. Very silent with the acoustic windows.

PCM 6 with colored incons works wel and is responsive. No problems with wireless CarPlay. Sometimes a little longer to connect. Didn’t have the alarm problem. I hope I have the improved sensors.

When I get in my car it connects to CarPlay and the radio switches off. This is kind of annoying. I use voice control to turn the radio back on.

I don’t have any problems with the touch screens and I am not missing the physical buttons. The touch pad function can be useful for some indications.

Homelink. Worked after the first try. Programmed it to the preset button on the dash.

HUD: I like it but like mentioned in other posts the dashboard is really close. It is of less importance than in my X5. Still glad I have it and like the design. Wouldn’t consider it essential however.

Bose: like the sound. Some playing with settings was needed.

14W seats: they are comfortable a bit firm and offer good support. I am tall and like the leg extension. Lumbar support is nice to have too. Ventilation works well, can feel it blowing air (I have read it sucks air like BMW but it feels different anyway). Used massage a couple of times and it’s nice. First wanted 18W. Dealer advised against it (less comfort)and I am happy with my decision.

Full black leather. Like the look. First ordered black Olea. Dealer said it was hard to see the difference with black. Don’t regret it.

4+1 seats: good to have for occasional drives. Had my 12 year old daughter and 2 of her friends in the back. OK for 1/2 hour but not for holidays.

ACC: works well. The control handle has some getting used to. Flashed the head lamps a couple of times in stead of decreasing speed. Might have offended the driver if front.

Ordered 3 months trial ALK and PID as FOD. ALK was installed immediately and works. Still waiting for PID.

Couldn’t figure out how to turn the ionizer on. The symbol wasn’t showing on my dash. Found out this option disappeared from my configuration during the many changes I made. So I don’t have it. Probably the least important option to forget.

I ordered the Thule roofbars. They look nice. Have to try with my Thule Vector M box but I don’t think it will be a problem. The box is gloss black. Should look good.

So really happy first Porsche owner. And this forum is a great resource for info about charging, driving etc. Helped me a lot.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
My Taycan 4 CT has arrived at the dealer.

Ordered half december, promised delivery second half of February, delayed to 8/3 and finally arrived last week. Still consider myself really lucky with the time of delivery.

Past car was an X5 45e for 2 years, good car but I wanted something else. Sold it for a really good price in december. Driving around in a Toyota Corolla now, because nothing else available.

SA told me he was really happy for me that my car made it. Lots of orders with a fixed date that just disappeared from the system without a new date yet. Lots of angry and disappointed customers he had to deal with.

Asked him if I had the latest PCM. He had to check, wasn’t sure but there was a good chance it would be on my car. He already saw it on another Taycan and he said it looked really good. Told him not to be to extatic on the new PCM until he new it was on mine. 🤓

Many thanks to the forum for all the posts and answers to my questions the lead to this configuration:

Dolomite Silver
Vesuvius grey inlays
Gloss black window trim
20 inch Turbo S Design wheels
Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
Electric charging cover
LED with PDLS + (had to cancel matrix, not available anymore)

Roofrails in black aluminium
Electric folding mirrors
Automatic dimming mirrors
Full black leather
Bose
14 w seats, ventilated, heated, massage
Heated back seats
4+1 seat
4 zone AC
Airbags rear
Dark silver interior accents
Ambient lightning
Heated steering wheel
Sport chrono with compass

Rear axle steering
HUD
Comfort acces
ACC
Surround view
Parking assist
Home link
Pano roof
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass

22 kw charger
Heat pump
PIRM

Maybe interesting for future buyers on my decision making:

4 vs 4S: I asked to test a 4 because I already set my mind to go for a 4 because of the price difference. Unfortunately not available and got a 4S to test. Great ride off course. Tested a RWD afterwards and that was more than fast enough for me. Didn’t test the 4S again not be tempted. If I would have 20.000 euro lying around not know what to do with it I would have gone for the 4S. Even when I would have dropped some less essential options, it would still be a big difference. Someone cancelled his order on a CT 4 and they gave me this slot that could still be fully configurated . Would have had to wait longer for the 4S, and probably much longer now.

Color:
Maybe to start a little bias: I am color blind. I wanted a light color, easier to keep clean and cooler in the summer, Dolomite is my favorite. I have spent a lot of time cleaning my Carbon black and Sophito grau BMW’s in the past.

Vesuvius inlays: silver inlays are not the same as Dolomite, high gloss black didn’t match with the more matte plastic, so I chose Vesuvius and I think it looks good. Seeing it in person today: it is also matte I thought it would have been a bit glossy judging other posts on this forum.

Wheels: I like the look of these, also now that I saw them in person. I never take the biggest wheels for costs and comfort.

Surround view: it’s a big car

Parking assist: better 3D view, reversing assist in parking lots: have to see how it works out, did not take it for automatic parking. Maybe to expensive for what it is.

Electric charing cover: preferred the look it is smaller, I like the black fin, I think it safer when parked at a public charger. I hope I won’t be sorry if it fails. Don’t know if it has a substantial negative effect on range.

Full leather: first chose basalt Olea: SA advised against it with black interior because the difference is really hard to see and feel. He advises it for truffel because it is only available in Olea.

Full leather vs standard : the leather is smooth in full leather and in standard it has some kind of structure. I like the leather and stitching on the dash and doors.

Bose, because the Burmester is too expensive and not worth it for me.

14w vs 18w seats: I like the look of both. First chose 18W, SA advised against because they are less comfortable on longer drivers. And after testing both I agreed. Even when fully open the side bolsters push on my legs (1m92, 90 Kg)

Seat heating in the back: for the kids
4 zone AC : because I wanted the screen in the back

4+1 : we have 2 kids, so just for emergencies, and for the 3 part folding seat back vs 2.

Ventilated and massage seats, liked it in the X5, and because I went from 18 to 14 W seats and Olea to full leather, I saved some money anyway

Heated steering wheel : used it a lot in my last cars

HUD: for ACC, current speed, traffic signs, and navigation. have to see how it works in practice. Liked it in the BMW. Was back and forth due to posts on this forum. My past cars had HUD, my wife’s car has HUD, the Toyota I have now doesn’t and I really miss it. Guess i will be happy with the HUD. And I also like the look of the dashboard.

ACC : use it a lot, SA advised against Innodrive in Belgium, Belgian highways are to complex. Might do the 3 months trial with FOD during summer holidays

Sport chrono: because of the mode switch and the GT steering wheel. Compass because I don’t like the clock

Acoustic glas: for safety, better temperature control ?, quiet ride. Don’t know if it will make a really big difference. SA advised against it but I took it anyway because I had it on the X5 and liked it. Probably also for the safety part.

Rear wheel steering: because everyone is so enthusiastic about this, and I had it in the X5 and liked it. Test drove a CT 4S and a RWD without and they where fine too. Didn’t do parking lots however with my test drives.

PTV plus: SA advised against because I wouldn’t feel the difference when I told him how I like to drive

22 kw charger: wanted the best charing available. Figured it could be practical on road trips being able to charge the battery 20% in 1 hour. My family trips are 2 x 200-225 km. Too long for a a single charge. Charging for 2-3 hours will be enough to return and I won’t have to watch my drive style to optimize the range. Maybe the standard 11 kw charger will be good enough too and 1800 euro is too expensive for the couple of times I really need 22 kw, And I hope I won’t be sorry if it fails. Only found out about potential problems after my lock date.

Heat pump: seams a logic choice on an EV. Will only make a difference in cold temperatures. Don’t know if it will make a huge difference.

Comfort acces: I like the functionality, have had it for years on my past cars. Key doesn’t come out of my pocket. The car is parked inside.

Installed a 22 Kw Wallbox Pulsar plus in my garage. We have 3x400 V at home and upgraded from 16 to 32 A. The electrician had to do a lot of work to get the thick wire in the garage. Could also asked him to just put the wire and an industrial socket in the garage and use a mobile charger connect. I preferred the Wall box because it is cheaper than the mobile charger Connect and I am going to keep the Porsche EVSE in the car for charging on destinations.

I hope this wasn’t too long and boring but it might be valuable for the ones configuring now.

I will post again after collecting the car
E3C23B82-4B38-4738-A693-37BA4EB7C571.jpeg
if my configuration was what I expected.
Thank you for your time to share your experience and options with the rest of us and congrats for your amazing CT. When possible please share pictures of the wheel arches - very curious to see the result. Take care

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thank you for your time to share your experience and options with the rest of us and congrats for your amazing CT. When possible please share pictures of the wheel arches - very curious to see the result. Take care
It is at the shop for coating. Will share it when I have it back.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Congrats!!! Love the black and silver.

I have ordered 22kw on mine as well, in spite of some of the issues noted here (hopefully resolved in cars being built now!)

I have had both 7kw (Podpoint) and 22kw (Anderson) chargers installed at home (we have three phase even though UK) and I find it makes quite a difference to the charge time during the day even for our 11kw cars. If you forget to charge at night, or need a day charge for any other reason, just opens up a world of possibilities for public charger (aka stress) free travel.
That was also my thinking. When on holidays on location and fast charging is to far away I could leave the car at a 22 kw charger, visit a nice Italian town, have a pizza and come back to a fully charged car after 3-4 hours.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Couldn’t figure out how to turn the ionizer on. The symbol wasn’t showing on my dash. Found out this option disappeared from my configuration during the many changes I made. So I don’t have it. Probably the least important option to forget.
I have it and it comes on or off itself – there is no specific option. I personally think its voodoo – but I keep putting in my next Porsche build. No idea why. I live in Ireland too – our air is good.
Sponsored