My first long trip was a route I do reasonably often.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Bothe were an average speed of 30mph but going was reported as 2.9 and returning as 2.4.
I’ve noticed similar on my trips where it’s downhill one direction and uphill the other direction (on average). A difference of 400 vertical feet seems to make a significant difference in consumption.
Sponsored

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’ve noticed similar on my trips where it’s downhill one direction and uphill the other direction (on average). A difference of 400 vertical feet seems to make a significant difference in consumption.
I live in the Vale of the White Horse, no vertical distance between home and destination. The only difference I am aware of is initial battery and cabin temperature. I had only pre-warmed for 5 to 10 minutes but it was plugged in.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I actually noticed the regen braking kicking in by the feel and sound.
Maybe Porsche use an algorithm based on how much energy has been absorbed by the brakes to calculate when to initiate regen braking????
It is easy to see on the power meter, which is how I confirmed it had kicked in. The difference I feel between discs and regen was marked.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Maybe Porsche use an algorithm based on how much energy has been absorbed by the brakes to calculate when to initiate regen braking????
It is easy to see on the power meter, which is how I confirmed it had kicked in. The difference I feel between discs and regen was marked.
Glad you are finally getting to experience the Taycan and that it seems to be growing on you! :)

Do you happen to have an OBDII reader? Would be nice to get another datapoint on the chart - see here:

Cheers, C.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad you are finally getting to experience the Taycan and that it seems to be growing on you! :)

Do you happen to have an OBDII reader? Would be nice to get another datapoint on the chart - see here:

Cheers, C.
No I thought of getting one but didn’t bother in the end.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Typically it kicks in within 0.5 miles ambient temperature permitting.

Wait for the first 600 miles or so for this to hold true.
Sponsored