Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Not sure how I lived without this. So effortless. Keeps my phone charged and in a convenient spot. đź’Ą

Here's a installation video with routing details:
Nice , but somehow I’d destroy the whole car …

OP
OP

figure1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne
Country flag
:) I like it, a lot. Probably the most elegant solution I've seen so far. BUT that's a lot of work, and I, too, feel like I'd break something.
It actually wasn’t too hard. The install video is thorough and long. I think my install took less time than the video.

OP
OP

figure1a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne
Country flag
I don’t understand the need for this. The car has a wireless charger in the armrest.
It doesn't work very well with my iPhone 14 Pro because the camera bump makes the phone back raised off the Taycan charging surface so the phone does not charge well and gets really hot. Plus this puts it in great spot. And who has time to open the console lid—LOL.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Personally like my own custom mod of the OEM Prosche ashtray-cupholder :) can see it in these threads - I purposefully have not routed a charging cable but easy enough to do if needed - I simply wanted a more readily accessible mount for the phone as hate the cursed center console storage.

My version also retains the ashtray as converted storage (house keys or whatever) - all looks fairly OEM.

Links to better/more pics:

Porsche Taycan My first "mod" -- Cupholder Mounted Wireless Charger with MagSafe for Apple iPhone IMG_6991

Last edited:

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Personally like my own custom mod of the OEM Prosche ashtray-cupholder :) can see it in these threads - I purposefully have not routed a charging cable but easy enough to do if needed - I simply wanted a more readily accessible mount for the phone as hate the cursed center console storage.

My version also retains the ashtray as converted storage (house keys or whatever) - all looks fairly OEM.

IMG_6991.jpeg
+1 for the extra storage but you don’t sell the modified cup holder :)

dallgoon

First Name
jihwan moon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan
Country flag
more easy product.

made in korea.

bluetooth speaker+qi charger.

Porsche Taycan My first "mod" -- Cupholder Mounted Wireless Charger with MagSafe for Apple iPhone IMG_9820.JPG

Porsche Taycan My first "mod" -- Cupholder Mounted Wireless Charger with MagSafe for Apple iPhone IMG_9599.JPG

dalvidds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

IMG_6991.jpeg
Any more specifics on how to convert the top of the ashtray to the MagSafe charger top?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
+1 for the extra storage but you don’t sell the modified cup holder :)
Not sure exactly what you mean? Ashtray is $50-60, mag mount $14 and super simply to modify ashtray if you’re comfortable doing a bit if dremeling/plastic cut outs - literally took me less than 30 minutes first time.
Sponsored