briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone, I just placed an order for my very first Porsche - a Taycan RWD in Frozen Blue!

Exciting times ahead - lead times are apparently 12 - 18 months, so I'm getting ready for the longest year ever... You can bet that I'll be sitting on this forum everyday!

Nice to meet you all!
Sponsored

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Cool! Congrats on your order. Hopefully it'll be sooner.. lots to read and keep up with until then. Welcome.

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am new here and the forum has so much to read to learn and get ready in. 2 years once you get your car...sorry the wait is like a prison sentence

OP
OP
briomir

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One warning - these forums are expensive. Since placing my order by build has gone up by £19k :whew:
Haha yeah, I know what you mean - I've made changes to my spec already by reading the various threads!!

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Fully onboard with this warning. With my freeze date only a few days away I am going to look at a mamba green car in the flesh tomorrow to firm up on change to that from the current Volcano Grey - but that’ll be the thin end of the wedge I suspect 💷💷😩

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I was originally set on Volcano and the GTS I saw in the showroom was stunning. Have since changed to a bolder colour though. Mamba is stunning, if my mate didn’t already have a mamba Taycan I’d be getting that

OP
OP
briomir

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I test drove a Mamba and I liked it, but I've seen photos of the Frozen Blue and it looks really special... I was parked at Ikea not long ago in my grey 5 series and I swear it took me longer than it should have to find my car... I feel like Frozen Blue will be easier to find...!!

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Yeh Frozen Blue is gorgeous too! I decided Volcano Grey was too similar to my current grey Audi and like you rightly say, every other car in this country is grey at the moment! The final straw was doing a motorway journey recently and counting the non-grey/white/black cars. We barely got to double figures throughout the journey so decided to go a brighter colour

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I welcome every new Taycan that has a colour not on the grey scale- in my first 1600 miles I've encountered more than 10 Taycans on the roads, the majority black, the rest white/crayon/ice grey...but not a single one in what I would describe as a colour (and apparently none even in Volcano, which surprises me). I have a theory that many are owned by small businessmen who don't want to be appear too flamboyant.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I welcome every new Taycan that has a colour not on the grey scale- in my first 1600 miles I've encountered more than 10 Taycans on the roads, the majority black, the rest white/crayon/ice grey...but not a single one in what I would describe as a colour (and apparently none even in Volcano, which surprises me). I have a theory that many are owned by small businessmen who don't want to be appear too flamboyant.
Funnily enough that was my exact reason for choosing volcano in the first place - i have clients that I know will take offense to me driving a Porsche so was trying to tone it down.

In the end I decided that I'd either park further away out of sight, take the wife's Mini to meetings where I can't hide the car or just shrug it off and if they don't buy from us then someone else will

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Funnily enough that was my exact reason for choosing volcano in the first place - i have clients that I know will take offense to me driving a Porsche so was trying to tone it down.
Me too....!

I went Ice Grey eventually for that very reason, but I do like the colour (despite it being monochrome) and also I've just had a run of colourful cars.

I was very tempted by Gentian Blue and Carmine Red though.

Saw a Cherry metallic today which looked very classy too.

That said, there is barely a colour that doesn't look good on the Taycan though.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Haha or they are your typical Porsche demographic: a 50-something, wealthy married gent where either he (or his wife more likely 😉) doesn't want to go too "out there" with the colour.

Personally, I find silver/grey Porsche's incredibly tedious where it seems every other Porsche is that colour. The Taycan being an EV/futuristic should have a bold colour.

The only grey Taycan I have ever liked was someone on this very forum who went for PTS Grigio Telesto - a colour that has a very high dynamic range with a nice blue hue to it.

I've always been set on Carmine Red, and am heading to my dealer EOM to check out a 4S ST they have as a demo that's in CR. That will seal my colour choice. I did want to go PTS PLUS - with an absolutely stunning colour from early 90s Porsche era - but dealer told me 9 months delay plus Porsche HQ sign off, which would be latter half of 2024.
Sponsored