TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
SOC estimates at destination: Example — On 9 Jan I left on a 200km trip and the PCM suggested i would reach my destination with a 22% SOC. The actual SOC on arrival was 12%. Any Idea why the PCM was out so much?
Sweet ride, @DavidS78 !

I've noticed that elevation change affects my guess-o-meter the most. When I drive around the flat Phoenix Arizona USA area, the guess-o-meter is tolerably accurate (within 5 percent).

Last October I drove from home to Kingman AZ (on the way to Las Vegas) with an elevation increase of about 2000 feet (610 m). At the start of the trip, the guess-o-meter read 298 miles (480 km). When I arrived at the charging station in Kingman, the guess-o-meter read 83 miles (134 km). So the guess-o-meter thought I drove 215 miles (346 km), but the odometer increased by only 169 miles (272 km).

A couple of days later, I drove home and stopped to charge up in Kingman again. When I left Kingman the guess-o-meter read 247 miles (398 km). When I arrived home, the guess-o-meter read 101 miles (163 km). So the guess-o-meter thought I drove 146 miles (235 km), but the odometer increased by 168 miles (270 km).

Porsche Taycan My first two days with my Porsche Taycan CT4S 1673393996871

Ambient temperatures were fine, so I didn't need to pre-condition the battery, which means I don't have an end-of-trip %SOC estimate at the start of each route, sorry ... but I hope this helps.
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
How fast have you seen the temp gone up before? Even though I can probably drive to the EA station, which is about 4 miles from my house, blind folded I always set the Porsche navigation. It recognizes it as a charge point, and even in sports plus mode it only goes up 1 degree in 4 miles. Is that rate typical?
I've only pre-conditioned twice on road trips, and both times the battery steadily warmed up from roughly 50 F (10 C) to 95 F (35 C) in about 30 minutes (35 miles).

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've only pre-conditioned twice on road trips, and both times the battery steadily warmed up from roughly 50 F (10 C) to 95 F (35 C) in about 30 minutes (35 miles).
So the average in your experience is more than 1 degree per mile, but I only get 1 degree in 4 miles. I wonder if speed is a factor as well since it’s all city driving with an average speed of about 17 mph

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
So the average in your experience is more than 1 degree per mile, but I only get 1 degree in 4 miles. I wonder if speed is a factor as well since it’s all city driving with an average speed of about 17 mph
I don't know as I've only done it while driving 70 mph. Can anybody else chime in with experience pre-conditioning the battery in city driving, e.g. does the battery compartment warm up more slowly at non-highway speeds?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
(Don't mind me, I'm just liking your posts for the extra effort you put into accommodating the standard- and metrically-impaired. :))

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
Is that normal consumption for a CT? 140-150 mile full charge seems especially not good (assuming they started the trip at 100%). Those consumption figures are just a hair better than what I’m seeing on the highway in my Ford Lightning (7000 lb brick wall).

In general, preconditioning (using the app to pre-heat the cabin), and timing the charge to finish right before the trip start will help with consumption in cold. Not that this trip was incredibly cold out.
Sponsored