vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Hi @Nkarakala , you are the only one I see who ordered 19" wheels. How do you like them? Do you regret not getting 20"? May it be for looks or driving experience. I'm planning to get 19" wheels but worried about the looks and the driving performance compared to 20" wheels.
Sponsored

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
The 19s should be more comfortable because they're better able to absorb bumps in the road. You will get better range with them too. I think it's very doubtful that you will have any worse a driving experience on the roads, even with spirited driving. It's not like you're going from 40-profile tires to 80-profile. You're getting a half-inch more sidewall on the tires.

I think the only reasons not to go with the 19s are bigger brakes and aesthetics, that's it. It may be easier to find tires for the 20s. Hard to say how much of that is "real" and how much of it is due to supply chain insanity.

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
The 19s should be more comfortable because they're better able to absorb bumps in the road. You will get better range with them too. I think it's very doubtful that you will have any worse a driving experience on the roads, even with spirited driving. It's not like you're going from 40-profile tires to 80-profile. You're getting a half-inch more sidewall on the tires.

I think the only reasons not to go with the 19s are bigger brakes and aesthetics, that's it. It may be easier to find tires for the 20s. Hard to say how much of that is "real" and how much of it is due to supply chain insanity.
Thanks for the response. I remember reading from other post that Taycan on 19" wheels drive like a tank. And it was much better on 20" wheels.
Sponsored