epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I am away this weekend but will do what I get back. Yes it has WiFi, I already connected to my home WiFi, have logged in with the web interface and linked to my Porsche account. Have no idea what it gets me, but why not! I have used the innodrive for a minute and it seemed to do fine, but I am generally not a fan of “self driving” or steering, but will play more with it and report.

The electronic sound is interesting, I can’t say I am a fan. The Jaguar lets you to set three levels of volume which is nice, the Taycan doesn’t seem to. Also the Jaguar is a more interesting subtle sound, the Taycan is “cool” but sounds little too spaceshipy to me. But this is pure taste, a passenger really liked it. It does give you very good clue to speed. I did not realize it is different in the two (hoestly have not drive in Sport yet, comfort and Sports+) but will pay attention and report.
Sponsored

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
I will be happy to, but I have a feeling it will be a little while before I drive it “normally.” I am driving it aggressively and I am seeing around 200 miles, so if I had to guess 220 to 240 is doable depending on “normal” driving and temperature.
Thank you! 200 miles w aggressive driving is more than enough for me

I will keep my Taycan Turbo order versus swapping to 3 Tesla 3’s for range

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
I have another one for you - CarPlay. Seems that launch cars needed wire but dealer told me it should be wireless. How is that in your car?

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine is wired, but customer service says it should be wireless OR will be in an update coming soon. He implied it is happening soon. So maybe later production ones have it in newer firmware, but the over the air update infrastructure hasn’t released it yet.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Please give us updates when you can with ranges and ambient outside air temperatures that you are driving in. I'm especially interested in any driving you do that isn't overly aggressive, to get an idea for what the range is like in doing daily commuting, for example, without "launch control" accelerations... Thanks for the interesting information; it's helpful to those of us looking seriously at buying a Taycan.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Please give us updates when you can with ranges and ambient outside air temperatures that you are driving in. I'm especially interested in any driving you do that isn't overly aggressive, to get an idea for what the range is like in doing daily commuting, for example, without "launch control" accelerations... Thanks for the interesting information; it's helpful to those of us looking seriously at buying a Taycan.
I am not sure I understand where you are coming from. If you care about range for the daily commute, range only seems relevant if you have a 200m daily commute and/or you don't have a place to charge at night, and can't charge while at work.

Even if you have a 50 mile one way commute and you drive up hill both there and back in 30 degree weather, the range is more than enough

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a thread here you should check up, with updates and reports.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-charging-and-related-concerns.803/#post-8759

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi @epirali , I saw that you are an audio engineer. That's awesome, I am completing my 4S configuration and deciding on the double pane windows for sound and added UV. What would be your opinion?

Thanks for all your insightful and leveled comments to the forum. So nice having feedback from an experienced EV owner.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would absolutely do it, but again I want maximum sound reduction and want the additional heat protection. Keep in mind that you do hear the front motor in the car, but I actually like the sound

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Did you go with Bose or Burmester? Offer any opinions/advice? Thanks!

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To me the Burmester was a REQUIREMENT, not because my car stereo systems have to be perfect. It is because I am adamantly anti Bose, I can not stand how they sound. But that is me.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
As an audio engineer myself I would agree the Burmester is the better system on paper but after having a good listen to the Bose system in the Taycan ( I'm familiar with the Burmester in the Pani) I was very impressed and since I'm leasing the car decided to do the Bose rather than paying interest on the Burmester.

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
I have been generically anti-Bose as well because of their history in making those sub-sat systems with the super small cheap paper cone drivers in the satellites and charging an arm & two legs for it. The sound is okay to me subjectively on some of the cars I've had over the years with Bose systems. I want this one to sound awesome though so leaning towards the Burmester. To their credit, Bose seem to have put a fair amount of engineering effort into the Bose sound system on the Taycan.
Sponsored