SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Yes if you are talking about the Bose product range it is all over the place. I'm not a fan of the home audio stuff, the live sound towers are OK.
I was only referencing the Bose product in the Taycan.
Sponsored

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Gents my issue with Bose was not aesthetic but with their processing of audio and the tricks they to to "reassemble" multi point/multi speaker audio. First they always hype the 8-12K range at the expense of creating holes in the 4-8K range, and their sub behaviour is uncontrolled and too much 90-120 Hz. And I can hear the phasing problems that occur from their processing and it CAN NOT be turned off. As I said this is very particular to me, generally I would say most people should not spend the money to upgrade.

And I didn't listen to the Bose system, maybe its my fault. But I have heard almost every Bose product made and with 2 exceptions it has never worked for me.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Gents my issue with Bose was not aesthetic but with their processing of audio and the tricks they to to "reassemble" multi point/multi speaker audio. First they always hype the 8-12K range at the expense of creating holes in the 4-8K range, and their sub behaviour is uncontrolled and too much 90-120 Hz. And I can hear the phasing problems that occur from their processing and it CAN NOT be turned off. As I said this is very particular to me, generally I would say most people should not spend the money to upgrade.

And I didn't listen to the Bose system, maybe its my fault. But I have heard almost every Bose product made and with 2 exceptions it has never worked for me.
Trust me you made the right decision the Burmester is by far the better system.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you all for info, btw I have to say I really am liking the actual sound of the front motor (not the electrsound, I immediately turned that off) that comes into the cabin. It is such a great new version of hearing the "engine" noise.

Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag

hi, looking at my options, the burmisyer

Hi , I’m speccing my 4S. Unfortunately I cannot fund the Burmester given my other option choices , so is the Bose much better than the standard system and worth the extra? I could the saving to upgrade the wheels a bit more?

Problems with making choices having no access to test or see what they look like ....

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
Can the Apple CarPlay be brought up on the curved display? It would be nice to see apple maps on that screen

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, only the built in NAV. Essentially no car I know off can show Apple or Google maps on digital cockpit or on HUD. The ability does not exist yet.

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
No, only the built in NAV. Essentially no car I know off can show Apple or Google maps on digital cockpit or on HUD. The ability does not exist yet.
Cheers! That’s my experience too, wishful thinking really on my part. It would be nice to see Waze or whatever nav map being used to appear on that screen. I imagine it’s not done because the touch interface can’t be separated from CarPlay and last thing they want are people trying to get to the screen behind the steering wheel!

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
CarPlay does actually support multiple screens and also non sqaure formats and what not. Unfortunately no car manufacturer has implemented any of theese functions yet. :( Let's hope! I would love to see more info on the curved screeen.

It also supports Automaker apps where the automakers can expose useful functionality, and control built-in vehicle features—like climate controls, GPS, and the radio—without leaving the CarPlay experience.

Porsche Taycan My Gentian Blue Turbo S delivered {filename}

HUD is a different story as it is driven by a standardised protocol and therefore makes things a bit more complicated.

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Pouria thanks for the info. I sit corrected! :)

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So some more random musings and observations as I get more "stick" time. Please keep in mind I have never owned a Porsche (so some behaviours are new to me) and still haven't even started looking at the manual (just looked up a few bits and pieces):

The good:
- I am starting to "get" the Porsche driving experience. Best I can describe it is "surgical."
- The InnoDrive is a gem and not pushed enough. I have used the Tesla "Auto Pilot" and with limited time I trust InnoDrive more and it handles most road conditions with ease. And is much smarter in how it drives behind cars and even through roundabouts.
- Again interior fit and finish and UI, specially at night with interior ambient lighting, amazing feel. This is very important to me, not too much bling, not too much (like some of the new Audis), just right.
- Great cupholder. Not for size, but for holding your mug while you do monumentally stupid things...

The "worse"
- The UI locks out too many things while driving. Ok I get it, safety. But some minor things are not available while moving, including setting the interior ambient brightness. I mean come on, I am supposed to stop on highway and adjust if interior is too bright?
- CarPlay also locks out picking artists and with Siris brain dead decisions this is a big problem. Other cars don't lock out CarPlay as much.

The "ugly"
- The Navigations has no integerated charging point selection! WTF! It does however have gas stations listed...I hope this gets remedied. Even CarPlay detects and electric car and replaces Gas with Charging Stations.

I just gave some of the employees at the BMW place a ride while explaining how BMW started with the I division and then threw away their entire lead in EVs...

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Can you try these voice commands? Curious how well they work, there is one for ambient light changes
Let us know. Thanks

Porsche Taycan My Gentian Blue Turbo S delivered IMG_0685.PNG

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will do, I have tried some random ones that worked (to my pleasant surprise), and others that it didn't (to my surprise). Yes I can set the ambient lighting color and intensity, but I need to set the "master" brightness including the displays. This is what usually would be the "dimmer knob" and is adjusted as it gets very dark outside. Something I use all the time. No voice command.

Oh to add the the "Ask Again Later"
- Haven't gotten HomeLink to work, but to be fair I haven't called customer support either. The manual is very incomplete.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Hi @epirali ,

Many thanks for the continued updates.

There has been a lot of discussions/posts re innodrive, how much self steering does it actually do? Does it stop at certain speeds etc.

how is the acceleration in just sports mode, as mentioned I’m not going for sports chrono so I’m interested in Sports only mode

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So again I only have light experience but I see no speed at which Inodrive "stops" steering. At times it will clearly say "driver intervention required" but most of the time it just works. I haven't yet tested to full stop and resume, Acceleration is Sport vs Sport+ is not different enough for reality, it has more kick but again past a point it is all just degrees of pain or "show tricks."

And keep in mind I do not know how a Turbo may behave.

Oh one more "ask again later"
- For the life of me I can not figure out the logic on the user settings on drive mode. Some settings "stick" when you change mode and some do not (they revert). Like recuperation always flips back to off. And some settings cross mode boundaries (like normal and sport) which is VERY confusing. I'll RTFM and then revise but just day to day this is a bit of the WTF stuff. If I have a settings, and I SET IT it should, you know STAY SET.

And I can not see the spoiler deploy just by visibility. And I want to see the the rear lights at night, I don't know what lights up! I desperately need to have a chase car streaming me video!
Sponsored