My Ice Grey GTS is finally here!

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I initially ordered a Taycan 4S over a year ago, and after numerous delays I eventually ended up with a GTS that finally arrived yesterday! It's my first ever Porsche but my third EV and I must say that the car has exceeded all expectations. The Ice Grey color turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Borderline white in certain conditions, a cool grey in others.

And yes, I have the colored icons in the PCM ;)

A few random observations, some maybe not mentioned elsewhere before:

- The car is remarkable comfortable in Normal and Range mode but can change character completely when in Sport/Sport+. I LOVE the GTS specific sport sound. The downshift "blip" sound is super cool and gives the char so much character when you want to play with it on a twisty road.
- Personally, I find the GTS interior. I am a big sucker for alcantara though so it really is a great fit for me.
- The infotainment system is feature rich and for the most part I find that it performs very well. Seems more responsive than units I've played with in other Taycan models previously, probably due to the recent hardware and software updates.
- The electric charging doors are a great gimmick but the swiping/touch controls are a bit finicky in the rain.
- The HUD is pretty basic and something I could have easily left out.
- The wireless phone charger has so far done nothing but overheat my phone. The center console lid is also horribly impractical.
- Spotify and Apple podcast integration is awesome but the Spotify app is a bit bear bones and slow.
- The night vision camera is a great safety feature and is very valuable if you drive outside urban areas at night!
- I opted for the front PPF option. I know it’s probably cheaper and better to get it done yourself but it saved me the hassle and the result (so far) looks good. I looked over it when picking up the car and it seems like it’s installed pretty nicely.
- The car is in it's own league when it comes to driving dynamics and handling. It's no two seater sports car, but for a car that can fit a family and be perfectly suitable as the only car you'll ever need I find that it strikes a perfect balance!

Porsche Taycan My Ice Grey GTS is finally here! IMG_1588
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
I initially ordered a Taycan 4S over a year ago, and after numerous delays I eventually ended up with a GTS that finally arrived yesterday! It's my first ever Porsche but my third EV and I must say that the car has exceeded all expectations. The Ice Grey color turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Borderline white in certain conditions, a cool grey in others.

And yes, I have the colored icons in the PCM ;)

A few random observations, some maybe not mentioned elsewhere before:

- The car is remarkable comfortable in Normal and Range mode but can change character completely when in Sport/Sport+. I LOVE the GTS specific sport sound. The downshift "blip" sound is super cool and gives the char so much character when you want to play with it on a twisty road.
- Personally, I find the GTS interior a significant step up from the other Taycan models. I am a big sucker for alcantara though so it really is a great fit for me.
- The infotainment system is feature rich and for the most part I find that it performs very well. Seems more responsive than units I've played with in other Taycan models previously, probably due to the recent hardware and software updates.
- The electric charging doors are a great gimmick but the swiping/touch controls are a bit finicky in the rain.
- The HUD is pretty basic and something I could have easily left out.
- The wireless phone charger has so far done nothing but overheat my phone. The center console lid is also horribly impractical.
- Spotify and Apple podcast integration is awesome but the Spotify app is a bit bear bones and slow.
- The night vision camera is a great safety feature and is very valuable if you drive outside urban areas at night!
- I opted for the front PPF option. I know it’s probably cheaper and better to get it done yourself but it saved me the hassle and the result (so far) looks good. I looked over it when picking up the car and it seems like it’s installed pretty nicely.
- The car is in it's own league when it comes to driving dynamics and handling. It's no two seater sports car, but for a car that can fit a family and be perfectly suitable as the only car you'll ever need I find that it strikes a perfect balance!

IMG_1588.jpg
great spec!!! enjoy it. got my carerra white gts a few months ago and love it.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Glad you found something that works for you. The good thing about the Taycan is that there are so many versions of it.…to each their own for sure.

OP
OP

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Glad you found something that works for you. The good thing about the Taycan is that there are so many versions of it.…to each their own for sure.
totally agree! So fun to see so many different looks and variants of the Taycan in here!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Agreed. Kinda wish it was just a button press under the lip - rather than this conductive sensor.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Lovely.

Is the night vision any good at picking up animals in hedgerows/undergrowth at the side of a road (dog sized deer etc)?

I'd dismissed it as pointless, and still think it probably is...but this is a use case that's real where I drive.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Congratulations on a beautiful car. Love the color. I also ordered the Race-tex interior for our GTS. Would appreciate seeing a picture of yours.

OP
OP

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Lovely.

Is the night vision any good at picking up animals in hedgerows/undergrowth at the side of a road (dog sized deer etc)?

I'd dismissed it as pointless, and still think it probably is...but this is a use case that's real where I drive.
So, the big thing for me is that you don’t have to actually have the night vision camera feed up in your instrument cluster, it works proactively and alerts you of animals or people running into the road at night. Most relevant scenario would be moose crossing the road. Fortunately it hasn’t triggered for me yet but I almost hit a moose once and if the night vision assist can give me a second or two more of time to react then that’s a potential life saver

mrQlan

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
Gratulerer! When did you order it? Ordered a Carmine Red GTS ST early Jan., april allocation - but still no info 🤓 Ordered it at PC Asker og Bærum.

OP
OP

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My GTS order was sent in whenever the GTS launched and was made available for order. November-ish? I initially ordered a 4S last March, haha.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
GTS has its own sound? That's awesome! I looked it up but couldn't really find it specifically. Anyone know the differences? Congrats on the car!

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
GTS has its own sound? That's awesome! I looked it up but couldn't really find it specifically. Anyone know the differences? Congrats on the car!
GTS sport sound is deeper in tone and slightly louder. There’s also a simulated “rev-matching” blip sound when deccelerating.
Sponsored