My Local Dealership Might Be Stretching The Truth A Bit....

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
  • Banned
My local Porsche dealership just added a button/link to their front page to “Order A Taycan”. They also in their write up state over 300 miles per charge and that if you opt for the 800v system you can recharge to 80% in 15 minutes. Are they just clueless or know facts we have not received yet? LOL

Performance
“Powered by a 440 kW battery that produces more than 600 horsepower, the concept has been said to zip from 0-62 mph in just 3.5 seconds. Its top speed is greater than 155 mph, and it even roams on for more than 300 miles on a single charge. With available inductive charging, which allows you to drive over a base plate in your garage to commence charging, this car frees you from the bounds of cables. Opt for the 800-volt charging instead and you'll reach an 80% charge in less than 15 minutes.”
Sponsored

Last edited:

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My local Porsche dealership just added a button/link to their front page to “Order A Taycan”. They also in their write up state over 300 miles per charge and that if you opt for the 800v system you can recharge to 80% in 15 minutes. Are they just clueless or know facts we have not received yet? LOL
my wager would be on clueless. C&D thinks the range will be much lower, and Porsche already stated the charging will be limited in year one. I suppose they could offer “upgrade when available” options. We’ll know soon enough.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
really don’t think you can opt for the 800V system...... the Taycan has an 800V system and that’s part of its DNA.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
The original Mission E advertising literature had the 300 mile range and the 80% charging statements. Many of the folks including put $$$ down based partly based on those statements. That may only be the top end trim “turbo” but I think Porsche is committed to those parameters and would be surprised if they didn’t deliver. Not sure where C&D gets there info but I would speculate that their statements are also speculation.:D:D:D
Sponsored