My Mamba Green 4S finally made it here...

OP
OP
CAracer

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
Apr 8th. No, Houston. I've moved back here a few years after I graduated from UT.
Well, you're almost there. Mine arrived several weeks ahead of schedule. Hope yours does as well.

OP
OP
CAracer

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats on the car! When you say the doors lock as you walk away from the car, do you mean the mirrors fold in and you get the locking ”chirp” or do you just mean the handles retract and sit flush when the key is no longer in close proximity of the car? If the latter please note that the car is NOT locked (at least it isn’t on my MY2020). The handles retract as I walk away and pop out again when I get close with the key, but I have on a few occasions opened the car by pulling up and out on the flush retracted handles when the car was in my garage unlocked but the key was in the house. In my experience, unless something has changed in the software, you need to push either the key fob lock button or the comfort access notch on the door handle to get the car to really lock. I only bring this up since if it’s like mine I don’t want you to have a false sense of security and think it’s locked just because the handles are flush. I always look for the folded mirrors and listen for the chirp.
You know you might be right. I'll have to check. I just assumed that they were locked. Parked in the garage, I really didn't worry. Thanks for your info

Taycanfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Porsches
Country flag
Took delivery last Wednesday. The car looks great. Everything seems to be working as it should. Apple Car Play loads and plays without any problems. It took me awhile to figure out all the setting and controls. Too complicated for me. But, that's technology.

I've only driven about three hundred miles so far. Car is solid and fast. I set up my charger in the garage and it works flawlessly. I did try the 110 outlet and I couldn't get it to work. So had an electrician set up the 240.

I'm still having one issue. I can't seem to get the garage door working on the Homelink. Another try tomorrow. I called them and they were very helpful and will try their recommendations in the morning.

Overall, very pleased with car and some of the issues I've read in the past have not occurred with mine. Doors lock as I walk away from the car. And unlock as I approach it. So, I think the latest software is getting better.

IMG_3432.jpg
The 240 outlet solved your problem. Maybe the 110 outlet didn't work because you need to change the setting. Here's a quick video

OP
OP
CAracer

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 240 outlet solved your problem. Maybe the 110 outlet didn't work because you need to change the setting. Here's a quick video
I think it might have been the extension cord. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
CAracer

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You know you might be right. I'll have to check. I just assumed that they were locked. Parked in the garage, I really didn't worry. Thanks for your info
You were right. It does not lock the doors without pushing the key. Thanks

OP
OP
CAracer

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You were right. It does not lock the doors without pushing the key. Thanks

CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Took delivery last Wednesday. The car looks great. Everything seems to be working as it should. Apple Car Play loads and plays without any problems. It took me awhile to figure out all the setting and controls. Too complicated for me. But, that's technology.

I've only driven about three hundred miles so far. Car is solid and fast. I set up my charger in the garage and it works flawlessly. I did try the 110 outlet and I couldn't get it to work. So had an electrician set up the 240.

I'm still having one issue. I can't seem to get the garage door working on the Homelink. Another try tomorrow. I called them and they were very helpful and will try their recommendations in the morning.

Overall, very pleased with car and some of the issues I've read in the past have not occurred with mine. Doors lock as I walk away from the car. And unlock as I approach it. So, I think the latest software is getting better.

IMG_3432.jpg
You look like Daniel Craig. Bond’s new car is awesome.

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
Did you ever figure out the homelink issue?

The instructions did not work for me. In the end I looked at my Liftmaster's instructions and noticed that I had to press a button on the back of the unit itself and then had 30s to send the signal from the car.

Basically, follow the instructions until you see the prompt to send the signal, go to garage, climb ladder, press learn button, run back to the car and send the signal.

What really messed me up was that the button/panel mounted in the garage by the door to open/close it had a learn button too. That did not seem to work. Had to press button on the lift master itself.

OP
OP
CAracer

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you ever figure out the homelink issue?

The instructions did not work for me. In the end I looked at my Liftmaster's instructions and noticed that I had to press a button on the back of the unit itself and then had 30s to send the signal from the car.

Basically, follow the instructions until you see the prompt to send the signal, go to garage, climb ladder, press learn button, run back to the car and send the signal.

What really messed me up was that the button/panel mounted in the garage by the door to open/close it had a learn button too. That did not seem to work. Had to press button on the lift master itself.
Porsche rep from dealer came to my house and programmed it for me. He did in a few minutes. It works twice and he had to reprogram it again. Works like a charm now.
Sponsored