benw150

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Hybrid 2020, 911 991.1 GTS
Country flag
Placed an order end of Feb 22, could see the issues with delays starting to heat up. Currently have a Cayenne on lease which ends Jul 23 so thought I should put an order in. Was told at the time October 23 or later. Order was placed with Porsche East London and the sales guy James has been great. Got call today with a March build slot and April delivery, really pleased in time to enjoy the summer.

Went for the GTS as on a lease by the time the options were added to a 4S that come standard on a GTS it was the same monthly cost. Changed my mind on colour a thousand times, was convinced by Crayon but slowly went off it, then 100% cherry red. Finally went for dolomite. When you look on line there are really not any ST's in this colour and I think it will look great with the black accents

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP98QLM6
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Placed an order end of Feb 22, could see the issues with delays starting to heat up. Currently have a Cayenne on lease which ends Jul 23 so thought I should put an order in. Was told at the time October 23 or later. Order was placed with Porsche East London and the sales guy James has been great. Got call today with a March build slot and April delivery, really pleased in time to enjoy the summer.

Went for the GTS as on a lease by the time the options were added to a 4S that come standard on a GTS it was the same monthly cost. Changed my mind on colour a thousand times, was convinced by Crayon but slowly went off it, then 100% cherry red. Finally went for dolomite. When you look on line there are really not any ST's in this colour and I think it will look great with the black accents

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP98QLM6
Seen it in person and it looks incredible.

Tbh any colour looks great, it's really personal choice. Porsche paintwork is extremely high quality, it isn't a Toyota Yaris!

Nice build and congrats on the allocation - now the wait gets real!

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
great looking build, if you still can, why not add the preparation for porsche dashcam? it's a $0 option and will save you countless shop hours if you decide to add a dashcam later

OP
OP

benw150

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
great looking build, if you still can, why not add the preparation for porsche dashcam? it's a $0 option and will save you countless shop hours if you decide to add a dashcam later
Im pretty up to speed with the configurator but missed that one. will add. if it is free why do not add to it all builds.

The list of options is crazy but allows you to really customise your car but you have to really focus on hat everything is

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
+1 on dolomite! I have a GTS sedan in dolomite and love the contrast with the black trim. It wasn’t my initial choice but very happy with the final decision.
Congrats - great car!

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I would add rear steer.

OP
OP

benw150

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
+1 on dolomite! I have a GTS sedan in dolomite and love the contrast with the black trim. It wasn’t my initial choice but very happy with the final decision.
Congrats - great car!
they only thing im not sure on is the high gloss black door handles. think it works with the other trim but never seen it. do you have them?

OP
OP

benw150

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would add rear steer.
would have loved to. came down to the £. had to keep under £115k which already seemed crazy. I have a 911 GTS for weekend fun so thought it would be fine coming from the cayenne without it

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
would have loved to. came down to the £. had to keep under £115k which already seemed crazy. I have a 911 GTS for weekend fun so thought it would be fine coming from the cayenne without it
Nice which I could afford a 911 but got too many cars as it is lol

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I have a 4S CT in Dolomite and love the colour.

I would add the 150kw dc converter so you can fast chargers at open Tesla Superchargers. I have found them great in busy times when there are queues at Ionity despite being much. more expensive.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
+1 on 150kw dc converter.
Also add lane change assist/blind spot monitor. Most cars have it - on Taycan it is option.
Consider:
--adaptive cruise control. I like to use it for congested traffic and on highways. Installs hardware required for later-added FOD options.
--Porsche crest on front seat headrests.
Enjoy.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Lots of things missing as others pointed out. If this is a cost issue and you are happy with a half-baked build, then all power to you. Otherwise, provide your use case for what you plan to use it for, and the forum will recommend what makes sense to add if you do not want to understand every single option.

I am in the group who just got an allocation waiting to place the order until things got stabilized with all the PCM issues and supply chain problems but driven several for at least a few days and researched every single option possible and understands pros/cons and cost/benefit of each since Taycan came out.

Ask me about anything. I also own 2016 Macan Turbo and 2020 Cayenne Turbo for context.

Last edited:

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
@benw150 exciting developments. Similar story with my GTS which now has a scheduled order build of 10 February. Like you I went through all of the colours and then landed on Dolomite with black accents. I originally had Mission E wheels in gloss black and black door handles, but when I was out walking one day I ran into a Taycan with owner inside with the same black accents. The wheels and door handles had not aged very well, there were a lot of chips and marks on the wheels and door handles, and as the undercoat is a light colour, they are really obvious. He had re-painted the wheels once already. So I changed to the Spyder wheels and removed the black handles. I'm sure there will be others on the Forum who may have a different experience. You can follow my journey here https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/stuttgart-to-sydney-and-beyond.13917/

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats - great car
they only thing im not sure on is the high gloss black door handles. think it works with the other trim but never seen it. do you have them?
no I don’t - not my preference
Sponsored