Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
Err.. to be clear, your dealership screwed up. It has nothing to do with Porsche. You can't change the color of your car the day before production and any changes at all after the build lock date are done at the risk of significant delays.

I'm not sure what you expect Porsche to do, especially coming off a complete factory shutdown, but it's not realistic. There are 56 White or Red Taycan 4S cars listed on AutoTrader with a wide array of options, most with Premium Package.
The point is they cancelled the original order even though I said I'd stick with the color if it was too late to change. It was not past the lock date (according to the salesman)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche of North America "motivated" the dealer to actually do something and lo and behold my original order has been reinstated. It will still be a little wait but that's covid's fault.

punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa GTS, Cayenne, S550 Cab
Country flag
North Scottsdale. I have had great experiences in CA (Walnut Creek) and Kansas City. My last salesman here was the best and my service advisor is also top notch. It was this last salesman (or possibly his sales manager) that completely messed up.
I ordered mine from Chandler, I have purchased a 911 and Cayenne from them, always been responsive. I was able to make pre-production changes without issue, so hoping the car I actually spec’d arrives in July. It’s on the boat arriving in the first port tomorrow. I should have it by mid-July.

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered mine from Chandler, I have purchased a 911 and Cayenne from them, always been responsive. I was able to make pre-production changes without issue, so hoping the car I actually spec’d arrives in July. It’s on the boat arriving in the first port tomorrow. I should have it by mid-July.
Congratulations!!!! I'm jealous :cool: I have only seen 1 Taycan around town so far

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche of North America "motivated" the dealer to actually do something and lo and behold my original order has been reinstated. It will still be a little wait but that's covid's fault.
Nice, Porsche went above & beyond for you. Hopefully they don't see your Tesla comment!

K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
My original order for a 4s was delayed by covid-19 shutdowns. On the day before it was set to go into production I asked the dealer if I could change the color (from red to white). He said he would try. Unfortunately the idiot actually cancelled my original order and tried to place a new one! Now I'm told they don't know when it might go into production and could even be 2021!!!! Their attitude is "tough luck". I was VERY clear that I did not want to cancel the order and I would take the red if it couldn't be changed. Now they are just hiding behind the fact that Germany is in control and there is nothing they can (will?) do. This would be my 5th Porsche and I've never been treated like this. Anyone know anyone who might be able to help? I'm ready to take a contract out on the salesman (LOL). So far Porsche of North America has been no help either.
My Dealer in Melbourne FL has A White Taycan Turbo in the showroom for sale. It was my original order but I snapped up a Turbo S that came in as an extra pre production model.

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Dealer in Melbourne FL has A White Taycan Turbo in the showroom for sale. It was my original order but I snapped up a Turbo S that came in as an extra pre production model.
Thx.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
...t I snapped up a Turbo S that came in as an extra pre production model.
Had I known the delay was about to happen I would have looked a bit closer at that car during my test drive.