First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,

I picked my Taycan 4S up from the the dealer here in Brisbane, Australia at the end of May.

For the first week everything was fine, I had my Porsche Connect account connected to the car. When I started the car it would show my name in the Account section of the PCM screen, it would remember settings that I changed, seat positions etc. The Porsche Connect app would also show data from the car including location.

After a week I decided to try the public charging infrastructure and went to an Ultra-Rapid charger and on the way home I dropped in to my work, my work has Zero mobile connection. When I got back in the car I noticed that I had lost my Account from the PCM menus. I didn't think much about it but I had to go through the setup assistant again and all my settings had reverted.

I drove home and then opened my Porsche Connect app. It showed the car as still being at my work. I checked the connectivity and the left half of the circle was red indicating the Taycan was offline.

From then on, every time I drive the car I have to set it up from scratch, all the defaults are re-applied as if I was the Guest account. Updates cannot be applied because they can only be applied by the main user. While it does not say Guest in the account name section of PCM it implies that I am now Guest through its behaviour (the account name section has remained blank ever since and while you can click and highlight the blank space there is no action associated). I also do not get prompted to save the location for Chassis Lift (a feature I really need to use a lot because of a problematic driveway).

So, I have begun the slow process of trying to get this fixed by the dealer. Factory Reset the PCM, Nope. Waiting on Germany, Nope. Reset the car and Porsche Connect at the server side, Nope. Reset all Porsche Connect services, Nope. There seems to only be a few technical staff in Australia but they are unresponsive too or just waiting on Germany. I have taken it back to Porsche for diagnostic downloads three times so far, none of which have resulted in any change.

Tomorrow I have the next visit booked in and this time I get a loaner so they will have as much time as they need to fix it.

The car is beautiful, the software is ... not.

Cheers
A
Sponsored

OP
OP
faustus66

faustus66

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
An update:
Porsche took the car in to their service department, manually applied the updates and reset the connection module. Internet connection has come back and I can finally log into my vehicle.

As a bonus Porsche applied the recall update for PCM at the same time.