SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Sorry, for my delayed posting. When you get your hands on a Taycan, you will never let go:)

I took the delivery on Wednesday after a long wait. Since then I have been driving daily and I had a few hours trips this Weekend. The Taycan has lot of features that I am still learning. I had the pleasure of driving a Taycan on the ring this Winter and I got to know its ability on the track. Since I’m coming from Tesla Model S 90D (2016), I use the Model S as a benchmark. The specification of my Taycan is based on that. On my Model S I have the Full Self Driving package, which in Europe is quite limited compared to what you get in California. The Taycan has InnoDrive and lane keeping assistance, which I will compare with Tesla’s autopilot. I was positive surprised how good the InnoDrive and lane keeping assistance is. To my opinion its far better than the autopilot I have on my Tesla. The driving of the Porsche is smooth and not nervous like Tesla’s wiggling and phantom breaks. The Porsche let the driver being the boss and don’t fight back like my Tesla do, when you want to oversteer the car. My Taycan shows road crosses and roundabouts and slows down automatically the speed smoothly and keep that speed throughout the roundabout. The Taycan also read speed signs including temporary speed signs excellently, and with a little push on the handle the Taycan adopts the new speed limit smoothly. I just love this car:rock:

I took some pictures this weekend. (see also the attached files) I have the Standard White, and as you can see the light of day reflects differently. The most Yellowish is taken the beginning of Sunset.
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ side view 0130PM

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ side view right 0900PM
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ Rear view 0730PM

I also took a lot of the Interior on @Jdqt458 requests.
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ Frontseat3
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ frontseat1

On my last drive Yesterday I got an unpleasant meeting of a road debris which caused a crack in my Windshield:crying:
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ windshield road debris

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ side view 0900PM

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ side view left 0900PM

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ Side view 0730PM

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ Frontseat4

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ Frontseat2

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ armrest folded downt

Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ Middle seat folded dow

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Congratulations on a beautiful car - and sorry for the window crack, perhaps it can be repaired,

How does the 4S feel when you punch it - compared to your 90D?

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
Congratulations!!! Car looks gorgeous. Question - how usable (or unusable) is the middle rear seat? Is it sufficient to get a child into it if required?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Thank you for your report. Love to hear that you like the car, since I am in a very similar situation.

No Sports Crono option, do you miss the dial on the steering wheel to select the drive modes?

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Congratulations on your 4s, my white 4s is awaiting delivery.

how do you find acceleration and launch control without sports chrono?

I didn’t order sports chrono either as I figured electric acceleration should be the same either way and launch control comes as standard anyway.

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Thank you for the pictures and report, i ordered exactly the same exterior.

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations on a beautiful car - and sorry for the window crack, perhaps it can be repaired,

How does the 4S feel when you punch it - compared to your 90D?
Thanks. No, crack is too big to be repaired. The windshield has to be replaced, but I will wait a bit before I do it.

The 4S gives better punch on high speed, but it feels a bit slow starter when stand still. I think it has something to do with the brakes, when the brakes are on in hold function. It's seems that 90D is quicker to release the brakes. I have to "investigate" further;) I don't compare with launch control since 90D has none of such.

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations!!! Car looks gorgeous. Question - how usable (or unusable) is the middle rear seat? Is it sufficient to get a child into it if required?
Thanks. There's no ISOFIX on the middle seat, so the child cannot not be too young, and it's probably too small for a teenager if he or she are sitting between two adults. The middle seat passenger has to use the foot garage on the either sides.

I didn't order 4+1 to have a fifth passenger, but to be able to transport skis inside the car :)

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your report. Love to hear that you like the car, since I am in a very similar situation.

No Sports Crono option, do you miss the dial on the steering wheel to select the drive modes?
Thanks,
No, I don't miss the dial on the steering wheel since I only switch between normal and sport mode using the button on the center console control panel. I haven't used range mode yet. I'm still in the test and learning phase ;)

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations on your 4s, my white 4s is awaiting delivery.

how do you find acceleration and launch control without sports chrono?

I didn’t order sports chrono either as I figured electric acceleration should be the same either way and launch control comes as standard anyway.
Thanks, I'm setting the sport mode by the button on the centre console control panel (brake and accelerator in, then release the brake) and then you go .... fast:)

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Congratulations on the car and sorry to hear about the windscreen.

It is great to read the report and see the pics, especially given I have ordered a very similar spec - same model, colour, interior and very similar option list.

My 4s was due for delivery in early April but am awaiting to hear the latest when dealer re-opens - soon I hope.

Have fun!

Reactions: SHN

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Congratulations on getting your 4S. Sorry about the windshield. I'm looking forward to your experience with Innodrive and LKA. I went for that option too.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Congratulations on getting your 4S. Sorry about the windshield. I'm looking forward to your experience with Innodrive and LKA. I went for that option too.
Yeah I’m really interested in Innodrive as well. Be cool to do some demos of it.

Reactions: SHN

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Sorry about the windshield. And I'd use launch control often, it such fun!

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Looking good SHN! The red interior looks great! Sadly I had to go with black because the other half hates red!
Sponsored