OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
On Thursday I had a 600 km trip, where parts of it where on narrow winding roads on the West Coast in Norway up to Sognefjellet.
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ narrow road
(Edit 18:10: Picture is linked to video on Youtube)

Driving on Sognefjellet was partly driving through Snow Walls.
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ snow wall
(Edit 17:40: Picture is linked to Video on Youtube)

Driving the Taycan is amazing on those roads. It's glued to the road. Break before the bends and flat out on the short stretches in between when the road is clear However, If I drove the road to day it would not be so fun. I had to go in periscope depth
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ IUat2kdPHVx_XXjfSP0RCQAf4vUq5ou6QeBwWdEjTGoA
(Edit 18:30: Picture is linked to Video on nrk.no)

On may way I had to charge two times and take a ferry. I guess I spend 9 hrs in driving time and total 10,5 hrs.

Yesterday, I had a 400 km trip on the North West Coast on the Atlantershavsveien (Atlantic Ocean Road), which the next Bond movie has a scene from.
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ Atlanterhavsveie
(Edit 19:00: Picture is linked to Video on Youtube)

I didn't need to stop and charge on the last trip. I had even 15% SOC left

I record parts of the driving with dash cam. I will edit and try to publish it later this Weekend. The video of Sognefjellveien is amazing with dash cam, the last trip would have been better recording by a drone.

Last edited:

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
On Thursday I had a 600 km trip, where parts of it where on narrow winding roads on the West Coast in Norway up to Sognefjellet.
narrow road.png

snow wall.png

Driving the Taycan is amazing on those roads. It's glued to the road. Break before the bends and flat out on the short stretches in between when the road is clear However, If I drove the road to day it would not be so fun. I had to go in periscope depth
IUat2kdPHVx_XXjfSP0RCQAf4vUq5ou6QeBwWdEjTGoA.jpg

On may way I had to charge two times and take a ferry. I guess I spend 9 hrs in driving time and total 10,5 hrs.

Yesterday, I had a 400 km trip on the North West Coast on the Atlantershavsveien (Atlantic Ocean Road), which the next Bond movie has a scene from.
Atlanterhavsveien.png

I record parts of the driving with dash cam. I will edit and try to publish it later this Weekend. The video of Sognefjellveien is amazing with dash cam, the last trip would have been better recording by a drone.
Scenery looks awesome!!! How did you find the Taycan as a highway cruiser and how did it compare on the highways to other cars you have had?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@SHN Thank you for showing these routes. I had planned to drive some of these routes this year and especially Atlanterhavs veien. But I had no idea at all that 5here still was so much snow in parts of Norway at this time of the year!

Hopefully this virus will die out to next year! And maybe plan for a later date in the year by the looks of it!

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Scenery looks awesome!!! How did you find the Taycan as a highway cruiser and how did it compare on the highways to other cars you have had?
I haven’t owned many cars my self, but I have driven quite a few. However, the last 6 years I have only driven EVs (except test driving Porsches;)). Taycan is the best EV I have driven, no doubt.

Panamera is of course up there:)

I’m not sure I remember the “old” ICEs I have driven. Well, I remember a BMW 735 or something almost 20 yrs ago that was indeed a good highway cruiser:D

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drove 419 km in 5h 14min non stop with 80 km/h average speed Yesterday in really good conditions:
  • Temperature around 25 C
  • Dry roads
  • Various wind between 0 - 4 m/s
  • Elevation: Start 90 m AMSL, end 545 m AMSL, Min 50 m AMSL, Max 1020 m AMSL
  • SOC: Start 100% end 18%
  • Range mode
Porsche Taycan My pictures and experience with my Standard White 4S+ 1429DA68-3C89-4A3E-A0FA-AC5E58F34B74

I drove almost the same route as the test of 29 EVs did this week. In this test the Taycan drove 475 km from 100% SOC till it stopped. My calculation of the trip I did Yesterday would have been 510 km if I drove it till it stopped:rock:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Thanks,
No, I don't miss the dial on the steering wheel since I only switch between normal and sport mode using the button on the center console control panel. I haven't used range mode yet. I'm still in the test and learning phase ;)
Is your steering wheel really bigger? You do not have a Sport Plus and Individual drive modes?

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
narrow road.png

snow wall.png

IUat2kdPHVx_XXjfSP0RCQAf4vUq5ou6QeBwWdEjTGoA.jpg

Atlanterhavsveien.png

Thanks for the report! Congrats!
What dash cam did you purchase and did you get it hard-wired into the car? Thanks!

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the report! Congrats!
What dash cam did you purchase and did you get it hard-wired into the car? Thanks!
On this trip, I used a dash mounted iPhone.
Sponsored