tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The app is just a browser to the backend, Porsche's backend servers and communications with the cars is inconsistent at best.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I assume you are all using iPhones or some other inferior Apple device? I just updated my app on my Samsung S21 Ultra super smart better than any Apple dross phone, and all worked fine, updated and now see tyre pressures without any kind of reboot or running out to take the car for a spin 😂😂😂
Sorry but you lost me at 'Samsung' blah blah bah .... :puke: ... :)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I assume you are all using iPhones or some other inferior Apple device? I just updated my app on my Samsung S21 Ultra super smart better than any Apple dross phone, and all worked fine, updated and now see tyre pressures without any kind of reboot or running out to take the car for a spin 😂😂😂
Well the titel of the thread is “My Porsche 4.0 is now out for IPhone “ so probably it is, but maybe that wasn’t displayed correctly on your Casio calculator. 😂😂😂😂

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well the titel of the thread is “My Porsche 4.0 is now out for IPhone “ so probably it is, but maybe that wasn’t displayed correctly on your Casio calculator. 😂😂😂😂
😂😂 I was referring to all the replies as it’s not clear everyone was referring to the new IOS app, however I did see the title and took the opportunity to use it as en excuse to belittle anything Apple related 😂 if however you like toys then Apple is for you but if you need a professional tool then there is only Android. I suppose it’s a case of not knowing what you don’t know, so I get it, it’s not your fault and I do feel for you, one day you will grow into a wiser person and see the light 💡 👍

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
I updated Android app and it works for me too without taking the car out for a spin. My car's a 2022 model. Could be because of that.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
😂😂 I was referring to all the replies as it’s not clear everyone was referring to the new IOS app, however I did see the title and took the opportunity to use it as en excuse to belittle anything Apple related 😂 if however you like toys then Apple is for you but if you need a professional tool then there is only Android. I suppose it’s a case of not knowing what you don’t know, so I get it, it’s not your fault and I do feel for you, one day you will grow into a wiser person and see the light 💡 👍
Maybe you should have purchased a Kia EV6 instead? Good accelerations in the GT, good range, well build, much better price. You wouldn’t t have encountered the PCM software glitches we are all discussing in other threads. I see some similarities between the Taycan and Ipone.

• Haha
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Biggest win for me is being able to change profile settings in the app.

Also tire pressure image in the app.
Why's that big win?
As far as I know, the old app has all that features, including tire pressure.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Ooooh, you have the Manual in the My Porsche app! That's nice. I don't see it for the MY21, or maybe its region specific.
SAme here. I have Overview & Functions only.

Reactions: MyA

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I've used both extensively. They both have their pros and cons. I'm currently using an iPhone but would have no problem switching back to Android. I don't really understand the "this one is better than that one" argument since they are so very different. In reality, Android is better for certain people, and Apple is better for certain people.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've used both extensively. They both have their pros and cons. I'm currently using an iPhone but would have no problem switching back to Android. I don't really understand the "this one is better than that one" argument since they are so very different. In reality, Android is better for certain people, and Apple is better for certain people.
Yes I agree totally, iPhone for those people that like toys and Android for serious people 😉

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Yes I agree totally, iPhone for those people that like toys and Android for serious people 😉
To be fair, we all bought a really expensive toy if we’re on this forum. I hope I never stop loving toys.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My tire P info appeared literally 5 mins after my testing the update w/o touching my car so his whole tirade entirely moot :)
Didn’t bother replying as I like to let ranters rant - at the very least exposes them and one more to consider for the block list :)

Wattsjr9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
My app is updated and I still don't see anything different?
Sponsored