My Porsche App Eating iPhone Battery?

kloisdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Noticing battery drain with the new iOS so I looked into my battery drain in iPhone settings and My Porsche is consuming more battery than any of my other apps.

Here’s the kicker: I don’t actually have a Taycan yet, my TTS is due to arrive 11/4.

is this typical for those that actually have their cars? I checked location services and it’s set to “while using” which should only have been for 1 minute (per “on screen”).

Also, audio?

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App Eating iPhone Battery? CB782550-A5EB-4691-B8DC-9EA382EE2682

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App Eating iPhone Battery? 14392D73-268F-4260-92A5-A2BAD8097001

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I noticed that a week or so ago (so did the wife with her phone) seems the last update has made it very active when no using the app. I disabled the background app refresh. Hasn't seem to cause any issue with functions when using the app.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Turn off notifications too - nothing to notify you. Might be worth turning off locations too for now.

OP
OP
kloisdad

kloisdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Turn off notifications too - nothing to notify you. Might be worth turning off locations too for now.
Will do, but once I get the car, I’m wondering if this is what I should expect for battery drain.. seems excessive.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have all the features of the My Porsche app activated and its never in my top 10 of battery usage on my iPhone 13 mini – which itself has a small battery.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I used to have that problem until I went into settings -> my porsche and turn off location services and background app refresh.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Anybody know what happens if you set off without your phone, or, like my wife, don’t want or have one?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Anybody know what happens if you set off without your phone, or, like my wife, don’t want or have one?
Not sure what you are asking for?

You do not need your phone with you at all. If somebody else drives your car and perhaps goes through a charging cycle at say Ionity with the Porsche Charging card, you will get a notification of that, which I have experienced. I have not had a chance to see if you also can see the location of the car at a fair distance though.

You can also see all the drive statistics and start preheating etc.

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
As long as it doesn’t delay the electronics booting looking for an absent connection that is fine.

I do usually have my phone with me but only do 3 or 4 phone calls per week so I am never normally in the least bothered if I have left it at home.
I got one for my wife but she had always misplaced it or got a flat battery, usually both, so she gave up on it and went back to a land line wall phone, which has no battery and is bolted to the wall in the same place every time she wants to use it 🤣

It is a bit of a pain her not having one, she is the only member of the family we can’t necessarily contact but she hated the whole experience.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not sure what you are asking for?

You do not need your phone with you at all. If somebody else drives your car and perhaps goes through a charging cycle at say Ionity with the Porsche Charging card, you will get a notification of that, which I have experienced. I have not had a chance to see if you also can see the location of the car at a fair distance though.

You can also see all the drive statistics and start preheating etc.
Can you see the car when it’s moving ? You couldn’t do this with the Audi app Don’t know if its a privacy thing…

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Can you see the car when it’s moving ? You couldn’t do this with the Audi app Don’t know if its a privacy thing…
I have not had a chance to try that out. I have a feeling you are correct about the privacy thing, but not sure.

Surprisingly I can follow our Tesla in real time yo see where it is driving as well as the speed it is going?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My Porsche is using 29% of my iPhone 7 battery....

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I am running the latest version of the MyPorsche app. It uses almost zero battery power for me. I have Location set to “While Using” and background refresh turned on.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I have found that when on hours long rides the use of car play will eat a big chunk of the Iphone's battery, there is a very simple solution for this which is to plug the phone in.
Sponsored