My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6)

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
All, is anyone else having this issue? State of charge, lock status etc hasn’t updated since last night. I’ve logged off the app twice, nada. Just wondering if this is isolated or a wider issue.

Update-It’s been determined I’ve lost the LTE connection somehow, customer care trying to help us reconnect.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Same. 5 days with no resolution.
[/Q
Ugh….I feel a visit to the dealership soon….my case has been escalated to Germany with photos of the dash, etc….I feel like this happened once before and self corrected, but I may be wrong. I’m now A guest in my car…he had me delete myself and since there’s no connection, I can’t add myself back on until reconnection. It’s not a huge deal, but it came out of left field for sure.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Ugh….I feel a visit to the dealership soon….my case has been escalated to Germany with photos of the dash, etc….I feel like this happened once before and self corrected, but I may be wrong. I’m now A guest in my car…he had me delete myself and since there’s no connection, I can’t add myself back on until reconnection. It’s not a huge deal, but it came out of left field for sure.
I sent similar photos but haven’t deleted my profile as yet. Hoping they get it sorted soon. A bit of a pain to not have the vehicle connected to Porsche’s server.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I sent similar photos but haven’t deleted my profile as yet. Hoping they get it sorted soon. A bit of a pain to not have the vehicle connected to Porsche’s server.
It’s a pain to enter/start the car as a guest….dialogue windows to collapse, etc….but fortunately my phone is functioning normally with CarPlay….I used Waze today coming home. I miss the connection when I’m charging….where I can monitor status remotely…and to check on the vehicle’s lock status, etc…I guess you don’t miss some things until you don’t have them. Good luck, keep me updated. The dreaded two horizontal lines with the diagonal slash.

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6) 1675721677444

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
All, is anyone else having this issue? State of charge, lock status etc hasn’t updated since last night. I’ve logged off the app twice, nada. Just wondering if this is isolated or a wider issue.

Update-It’s been determined I’ve lost the LTE connection somehow, customer care trying to help us reconnect.
Tried to pre-heat the car this morning at about 10.30 GMT. Wouldn't connect with the server

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Tried to pre-heat the car this morning at about 10.30 GMT. Wouldn't connect with the server
Try using the other set of keys (secondary Porsche ID associated with them) to unlock the car.

Failing that, 12v battery disconnect.

If good LTE coverage then your remote services should be running fine unless there are region specific outages for maintenance - either your LTE provider (Verizon?) or Porsche or both.

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
I had this or very similar issue on Saturday. App failed to connect to car. Showed an error and eventually said the car was in private mode.

In the car I could only select guest at first (before I noticed the app issue). Later that night, after I got the private mode dialog in the app, I was able to use the car no problem and the app cleared up shortly afterwards.
Porsche Taycan My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6) 8A137EC1-BB67-4C1E-BDA1-6D8ACF1786B9

I forgot to take an image of the private mode dialog.

Anyway, it was back running for me that day. My latest issue is that Spotify and Apple Music/Podcasts is not available. Or was not yesterday and this morning.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
My car was experiencing this same thing while on my road trip in Arizona last week. I brought it to the service team back in Denver this morning and they fixed it by saying there was a navigation update that caused the issue. Not sure what they did, but it resolved the issue and now I can see the car on the app again.

I would take the car into Porsche service since they resolved what ever update issue caused the vehicle to have LTE connectivity issues.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
A: It's so frustrating that they'd issue an update that tanks connectivity for so many.

But really, B: P needs to mitigate how much function is lost when server connectivity is severed. This is not robust system architecture. It's asking for trouble. I am convinced many issues with users seeing this-not-available and that-not-available errors are due to server connection failures. It's too fragile an architecture to rely on a cellular data network for basic system stability. Just a bad idea.

This pay-as-you-go, in-app purchase, subscription-model craze that's taking over the connected world is odious. When we buy something why can't we just then, you know, like, have it? Instead of upgrade, update, add-on, enhance, subscribe, enable, blah blah .... blah.

We are living in the Matrix, not in the sense that everything we see and hear is a construct pumped into our sensorium, but more in the sense of we, the citizens of this planet, are all slowly becoming just batteries, or money teats more aptly, that the corporations suck dry bit by bit year after year.... Knock knock, Neo.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Try using the other set of keys (secondary Porsche ID associated with them) to unlock the car.

Failing that, 12v battery disconnect.

If good LTE coverage then your remote services should be running fine unless there are region specific outages for maintenance - either your LTE provider (Verizon?) or Porsche or both.
this worked for me last year when it happened to my car!

thanks @W1NGE

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Got the car back from the Porsche service team today since the vehicle was not communicating properly and I could not see active status on the app.

FYI below on what the Porsche guys identified and fixed. Turns out it was a navigation database error. They were able to update the nav and that cleared the communication error, so now I can see the vehicle details on the app again.

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6) IMG_3137.HEIC

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Got the car back from the Porsche service team today since the vehicle was not communicating properly and I could not see active status on the app.

FYI below on what the Porsche guys identified and fixed. Turns out it was a navigation database error. They were able to update the nav and that cleared the communication error, so now I can see the vehicle details on the app again.

IMG_3137.HEIC.jpeg
Thank you! I sent this info to my SA, we shall see! Ironically, I received some nav/map updates OTA before LTE went dark….interesting.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6) BE7FFADB-8828-4119-B5F2-D9BCB85FFAD2
Sponsored