My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6)

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
If you have the line through the connections icon you are in trouble. My dealership has asked Porsche for a resolution. Seems like an ongoing problem like the internal alarm issues. Never ending with this model!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
If you have the line through the connections icon you are in trouble. My dealership has asked Porsche for a resolution. Seems like an ongoing problem like the internal alarm issues. Never ending with this model!
No bueno…never had the alarm thing though. Darius, what Florida dealer are you dealing with? I’m dealing with Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach….I sent two emails today to my SA today, cc to the Service Manager, crickets.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No bueno…never had the alarm thing though. Darius, what Florida dealer are you dealing with? I’m dealing with Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach….I sent two emails today to my SA today, cc to the Service Manager, crickets.
I am also a Champion Porsche customer. Bruna is their IT expert and I deal with her on those issues. John Schaffer is my sales person and David Feldman my service manager. I was very unhappy when I first had the car with the alarm issues and escalated my issues to Porsche in Atlanta which did not make me popular with John. Bruna has taken my issue to Porsche so let’s see what happens. She is responsive and really nice. If the app is not updating don’t delete your profile on the car as I was told to do as you then end up with a car that doesn’t recognize you. Let’s stay in touch.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am also a Champion Porsche customer. Bruna is their IT expert and I deal with her on those issues. John Schaffer is my sales person and David Feldman my service manager. I was very unhappy when I first had the car with the alarm issues and escalated my issues to Porsche in Atlanta which did not make me popular with John. Bruna has taken my issue to Porsche so let’s see what happens. She is responsive and really nice. If the app is not updating don’t delete your profile on the car as I was told to do as you then end up with a car that doesn’t recognize you. Let’s stay in touch.
Thank you…I appreciate the intel, but the profile/account deletion was done during a troubleshooting call with Atlanta yesterday, at their request. Now with no connection, I can’t restore it until they get the car to connect to the network. I’ve had some minor issues, but all in all they’ve treated me well. I’ve had some extended waits on repairs with loaners provided each and every time. Bruna has helped me with a few buggy things, but there are some minor glitches I’ve waited to address until a larger issue arose…my trunk never works with the foot swipe (I have the function selected properly), the 1/3 screen view never keeps the “Drive” mode panel in place. Now this is an entirely different issue, so they’re looking for a loaner for me this week. My contacts are Manfred Mueller (sales person) and Bradley James (service advisor) and I’ve had to communicate with Cindy Tilton (service manager) on some lengthy repair issues. I love the car, I’m not crazy about things like we’re experiencing. I’ve had Porsches before and they didn’t bug out on me ever….oh well, I’ll keep you updated.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you…I appreciate the intel, but the profile/account deletion was done during a troubleshooting call with Atlanta yesterday, at their request. Now with no connection, I can’t restore it until they get the car to connect to the network. I’ve had some minor issues, but all in all they’ve treated me well. I’ve had some extended waits on repairs with loaners provided each and every time. Bruna has helped me with a few buggy things, but there are some minor glitches I’ve waited to address until a larger issue arose…my trunk never works with the foot swipe (I have the function selected properly), the 1/3 screen view never keeps the “Drive” mode panel in place. Now this is an entirely different issue, so they’re looking for a loaner for me this week. My contacts are Manfred Mueller (sales person) and Bradley James (service advisor) and I’ve had to communicate with Cindy Tilton (service manager) on some lengthy repair issues. I love the car, I’m not crazy about things like we’re experiencing. I’ve had Porsches before and they didn’t bug out on me ever….oh well, I’ll keep you updated.
Great to know that we are both having issues and Champion are helping. I kind of felt i was just the loan difficult customer because of all the issues I was having. I love the car, i drove a Cayman and had an Audi Q5 and thought i was making a good decision to combine both and economies with a Taycan Cross Turismo at the same time address climate issues………

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Great to know that we are both having issues and Champion are helping. I kind of felt i was just the loan difficult customer because of all the issues I was having. I love the car, i drove a Cayman and had an Audi Q5 and thought i was making a good decision to combine both and economies with a Taycan Cross Turismo at the same time address climate issues………
Ironic…I pretraded my 981 Cayman at the time of our order, and we traded in my wife’s Macan as we only needed one vehicle. The $7500 tax credit was also a nice incentive. Iron the bugs out, and hoping the charging infrastructure continues to get better, much better.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
How much, if anything, do you lose by way of vehicle settings when you do the 12V disconnect?
In my case, everything was back to normal. My account was there, garage remote worked, phone was still registered(carplay), etc. What I had to recalibrate was the windows - basically roll them down and back up one by one

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
In my case, everything was back to normal. My account was there, garage remote worked, phone was still registered(carplay), etc. What I had to recalibrate was the windows - basically roll them down and back up one by one
🙏

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
LTE came back today around 4pm, I was able to reconnect through the account portal….back to normal…no dealer visit required, I’m very pleased.

Spyerx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I was gone all week when i drove car Sunday it had a map update. Been offline and have line through lte. Tried a pcm reset nothing. Some services are logged in some are not. When i click to show cell network it shows Verizon (car lte) with 4 bars.
annoying. Was hoping a few drive cycles it would come back up.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was gone all week when i drove car Sunday it had a map update. Been offline and have line through lte. Tried a pcm reset nothing. Some services are logged in some are not. When i click to show cell network it shows Verizon (car lte) with 4 bars.
annoying. Was hoping a few drive cycles it would come back up.
The bars will show but the LTE indicator must be on the screen…..good luck.