My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6)

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
No bueno…never had the alarm thing though. Darius, what Florida dealer are you dealing with? I’m dealing with Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach….I sent two emails today to my SA today, cc to the Service Manager, crickets.
My car goes in Friday, the central display now only shows the Porsche logo! Getting unhappy with this car again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
My car goes in Friday, the central display now only shows the Porsche logo! Getting unhappy with this car again.
Mine has been behaving…a blip here and there but typically self corrects….no more LTE connectivity issues though.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I went through LTE issues last year, with repair taking 7 days at dealership. I can’t believe it’s happening again, been without LTE for 6 days now. I will not be taking it in, just not worth the hassle!!
Apple Car play and charging at EA still work. I’ll just live without car status link via My Porsche App.

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
2 months in on new car and happened here as well. Was hoping just server was down but apparently not. Luckily Android auto works

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went through LTE issues last year, with repair taking 7 days at dealership. I can’t believe it’s happening again, been without LTE for 6 days now. I will not be taking it in, just not worth the hassle!!
Apple Car play and charging at EA still work. I’ll just live without car status link via My Porsche App.
It’s a shame at the price point of this car that we have all these issues. Porsche should be aware of this

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
It’s a shame at the price point of this car that we have all these issues. Porsche should be aware of this
Atlanta and Germany jumped on my issue, I bypassed the dealer other than letting them know what was happening…I just wanted to get on the loaner list. It self corrected and hasn’t happened since, it’s weird.

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Mine self corrected about five days later…weird stuff. Hasn’t happened since.
Actually after posting I called Porsche center to get an appointment. 5 min. Later and it resolved itself. Thought they reset something but no. Not cancelling the appointment though. Almost 2 months wait and heater will probably break during this time 😜

Bubbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What is the status of the SOS light overhead? Press on the data connection symbol and make sure the phone module is turned on. Also what is your VIN? I can look up if there are any campaigns open or if the car needs any updates.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the status of the SOS light overhead? Press on the data connection symbol and make sure the phone module is turned on. Also what is your VIN? I can look up if there are any campaigns open or if the car needs any updates.
The SOS light was the first thing the dealership asked me to check and it was green so obviously they know something about the connection of the two issues. My car is in the shop and I have a loaner. The service dept make a joke that I should move in I am there so often. I e mailed Porsche Atlanta with my thoughts and got a prompt response that really didn't really mean much aside for an apology and the fact they do appreciate all the feedback?

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. My CT that I have been driving since May 2022 has been scheduled for production since January 24, 2022. I sure hope the post production model is as much fun as this apparently pre-production model has been

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6) C1FAD945-C7E5-4ADE-98B9-51A059909A84

Porsche Taycan My Porsche App not updating vehicle status (Feb 6) DA4211C9-AF11-4F99-B35B-FD69C99AC3FF

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I am confused, how do we lose LTE, on the Tesla model Y we’ve never had an issue and it gets used far more than the Taycan. I can’t imagine it’s a hardware problem as I would think Porsche would use something similar to Tesla or better. If it’s a software issue why can’t they resolve this centrally and quickly. I may be taking a simplistic view but long and the short of it is Tesla has no LTE issues ( that I’ve seen on our cars over the last 6 years) and I’m going in with my second time around with the same issue with the Taycan! Porsche NA says we’ll get back to you in 5-10 days as if that’s really acceptable wait! My dealership says they know about this issue in Germany and are working on it!!
I guess a month has to pass and I have to bring it in for them to look at, after the car sits in the parking lot for an entire week first. Almost exactly the same timelines of what happened last year before they resolved it. Surely this is not sustainable?

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you…I appreciate the intel, but the profile/account deletion was done during a troubleshooting call with Atlanta yesterday, at their request. Now with no connection, I can’t restore it until they get the car to connect to the network. I’ve had some minor issues, but all in all they’ve treated me well. I’ve had some extended waits on repairs with loaners provided each and every time. Bruna has helped me with a few buggy things, but there are some minor glitches I’ve waited to address until a larger issue arose…my trunk never works with the foot swipe (I have the function selected properly), the 1/3 screen view never keeps the “Drive” mode panel in place. Now this is an entirely different issue, so they’re looking for a loaner for me this week. My contacts are Manfred Mueller (sales person) and Bradley James (service advisor) and I’ve had to communicate with Cindy Tilton (service manager) on some lengthy repair issues. I love the car, I’m not crazy about things like we’re experiencing. I’ve had Porsches before and they didn’t bug out on me ever….oh well, I’ll keep you updated.
Hi, Got my car back yesterday it went in on Friday, all is well so far, Bruna was involved and I think they have a resolution. I contacted Porsche in Atlanta to give them a heads up and asked if they actually monitor this forum. They assured me they do? They in turn contacted Champion and David my service manager. Lets keep in touch.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Got a message from Porsche Germany that the "ConBox High" needs to be reset (what ever that is!!). I've booked the car for dealership visit in a week. Apparently the front console needs to be opened up to do the reset!