BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Is my Porsche app down or is it just me? My app says "updated" but doesn't match the state of the car. I tried uninstalling the app and logging back in.
Sponsored

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
mine was down for a while yesterday but appears to be working today

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Is my Porsche app down or is it just me? My app says "updated" but doesn't match the state of the car. I tried uninstalling the app and logging back in.
You may have lost the LTE signal at the car. The app always says "just updated" despite showing out of date stats, while my car sits in the garage with no signal. The app just displays whatever it stored from the last time it was connected to the car.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Did anyone else lose the My Porsche App widget after updating to Version 11.0 on iPhone? I didn't lose the widget per se, but no information is visible. Am I the only one?

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
MyPorsche 11.0 works for me including the widget.
Did you try to delete/recreate the widget or/and reboot the phone?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Finally a Watch complication - would be nice to see some options there vs just the Porsche crest e.g. like Electric Sidecar, an option to display current SoC to check with a glance vs having to tap and scroll, but moving in the right direction - albeit SLOW but sure :)

Reactions: B61

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Did anyone else lose the My Porsche App widget after updating to Version 11.0 on iPhone? I didn't lose the widget per se, but no information is visible. Am I the only one?
My widget shows data and I'm on v11. Maybe try to remove and add the widget back?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
“Just updated” is just a user pacifier - means absolutely nothing, as I’ve had it tell me my car is unlocked, I go to check, car is locked (led blinking). It resyncs few hours later or the next day.

As for the app itself, they keep making it look cooler, but the functionality is fairly basic but most importantly unreliable. Mine works most of the time, but from time to time it goes into fake privacy mode (app says car is in privacy mode, car says it’s not) or where the app tells me the car is preheating while the car is off and has no knowledge of the preheat command (I noticed when that happens, killing the app and starting it again seems to reset the time remaining on preconditioning to the full hour, a sure sign the app is lying to me).

So bottom line is it looks cool, can be helpful when it works, but you cannot count on it.

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
they keep making it look cooler, but the functionality is fairly basic but most importantly unreliable.
Absolutely. Also, their helpdesk is in complete denial. I report the two main issues (app deciding car is in privacy mode when it’s not; app showing “just updated” when it is showing yesterday’s status including window open etc) using the instabug facility (shake the phone and it pops up).

There is a standard response:
- email from Porsche uk helpdesk a day or two later, suggesting I try some irrelevant things — it Is boilerplate as you can see by the typo ‘a screenshots’ each time
- I then respond saying that this has not fixed the issue, it’s a bug etc
- they refer it to Germany
- a week or two later they respond saying to delete and reinstall the app.

These issues are design deficiencies in the architecture and app. I do wish Porsche would listen.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Absolutely. Also, their helpdesk is in complete denial. I report the two main issues (app deciding car is in privacy mode when it’s not; app showing “just updated” when it is showing yesterday’s status including window open etc) using the instabug facility (shake the phone and it pops up).

There is a standard response:
- email from Porsche uk helpdesk a day or two later, suggesting I try some irrelevant things — it Is boilerplate as you can see by the typo ‘a screenshots’ each time
- I then respond saying that this has not fixed the issue, it’s a bug etc
- they refer it to Germany
- a week or two later they respond saying to delete and reinstall the app.

These issues are design deficiencies in the architecture and app. I do wish Porsche would listen.
Welcome to 21st century engineering, where people splice whatever latest bleeding edge technologies (which they don't fully understand) together to make something look good to marketing. If you want to make yourself feel better about Porsche app, get an Audi and try MyAudi. It's similar but even worse. To illustrate a baffling design decision from the eTron instrument cluster (not an app, but a great illustration). What do you think this red indicator on the instrument cluster means (pointed to by the yellow arrow I added)?
Porsche Taycan My Porsche app 1712228330545-rz

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what a messy interface. No idea what the icon means! What does it mean?
It means nothing. It's an icon representing this particular layout of the instrument cluster. The designers (if you want to call them that) simply assigned a different color of the rainbow to each icon representing a different layout of the IC). In instrument designs I'm used to, a red indicator on the instrument cluster means some kind of a warning or error. The current generation just puts up red or other colors because they looked pretty to whatever design committee was voting for it. :facepalm:

PS> I actually thought there was something wrong with the car. Lucky folks on Audi forum were able to point me to the user manual which says it's just a decoration.
Sponsored