First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Hi All
firstly soz for the blitz of posts, but i've tried searching and really need to know if something is wrong or am i just expecting something different.
i've got a MY21 car and myporsche account shows a whole bunch of green services available when i look online using mobile app or pc browser.
My car has Lift feature so i found out that FOD is only avail on cars that are MY21 and one way i found out from this forum was that if it has LIFT its a MY21.
i have since found out if the VIN contains an "M", it means it is a MY21.
anyway, i do not see anything such as FOD in my porsche allowing me to then look at what else i can trial/buy/download etc.
For those of you who have MY21 cars in the UK (in case its a UK thing), can you do me a favour a check. a screen shot would be really good in case i'm being blind.
David
Sponsored

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi
On the my Porsche web page click on services scroll down to the bottom the FOD are shown there. Hope this helps?
Porsche Taycan My Porsche & FOD 848EF9AE-E602-4DC1-A5CF-014FD074AA2F

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just Bought InnoDrive as FOD for my MY 2020 Taycan Turbo! ?
47430C63-66F2-4968-A55A-61CBB26E20EB.jpeg
Damn, it was there last night but was gone this morning. Should have ordered it last night! Did it install? Is it working? I wonder if it was a server error that allowed the 2020s in and they patched it. Or maybe they're doing a slow rollout and I just missed my window.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All
firstly soz for the blitz of posts, but i've tried searching and really need to know if something is wrong or am i just expecting something different.
i've got a MY21 car and myporsche account shows a whole bunch of green services available when i look online using mobile app or pc browser.
My car has Lift feature so i found out that FOD is only avail on cars that are MY21 and one way i found out from this forum was that if it has LIFT its a MY21.
i have since found out if the VIN contains an "M", it means it is a MY21.
anyway, i do not see anything such as FOD in my porsche allowing me to then look at what else i can trial/buy/download etc.
For those of you who have MY21 cars in the UK (in case its a UK thing), can you do me a favour a check. a screen shot would be really good in case i'm being blind.
David
UK cars generally all come with most FOD possible options pre-installed (that’s why you see them all in ‘Services’ as green). There are 27 in total (excluding Innodrive but you need ACC factory fitted to FOD it), 26 of which you may have depending on what spec your car is but the reason you can’t find anything new is because you already have it.

The 27th one is the data service for the in car WiFi hotspot which is entirely pointless in most scenarios.

How many green services do you already have?

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Damn, it was there last night but was gone this morning. Should have ordered it last night! Did it install? Is it working? I wonder if it was a server error that allowed the 2020s in and they patched it. Or maybe they're doing a slow rollout and I just missed my window.
Hi it worked perfect innodrive and active lane keeping..

OP
OP

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Hi W1nge
Thanks for thorough explanation.
I don’t have adaptive cruise; I have cruise control!
But I have 25 services listed in green and 1 available which is the 9gb data package.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi W1nge
Thanks for thorough explanation.
I don’t have adaptive cruise; I have cruise control!
But I have 25 services listed in green and 1 available which is the 9gb data package.
No worries. So because of the car spec you have what is available. Up to you if you want to pay for the data package but I'd advise against as you can always use your phone as a hotpot to share your data plan with other devices should it be needed. Note the Apple Music and Apple podcast is built in to the pcm and data for this is provided by your pcm and not your phone.

OP
OP

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Hi W1nge
I’ve been trying to get all my apps on the pcm in the car.
I’ve noticed that some of the green apps on my Porsche as seen on my phone such as NEWS, WEATHER ETC are not anywhere in the pcm?
Am I missing something?
Have I got to activate something.
I’ve tried logging out of the pcm in the car but still no luck.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you confirm each of the missing apps have a valid activation date?

Dou you have privacy mode disabled on the PCM (it must be)?

Are you logged in with your primary Porsche Connect ID?

Missing icons for services can appear greyed out when not connected but if they are missing and you've checked the above then this suggests something wrong with your account. Suggest contacting the support staff (My Porsche - email) as I can't think what else it might be.

Attachments

OP
OP

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks W1nge, that’s what I did yesterday.
Only thing I haven’t done is to de-register it from the car. I have called Porsche who asked me to send them a photo.
Let’s hope.
David

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks W1nge, that’s what I did yesterday.
Only thing I haven’t done is to de-register it from the car. I have called Porsche who asked me to send them a photo.
Let’s hope.
David
Are you on the new software? I also lost all of those post-update, but got them back by downloading the available infotainment updates (check notifications). After downloading those (over the air), everything came back.

OP
OP

frensham

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4e Hybrid
Country flag
Hi yes, under updates there are no updates to come down.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
How do you access FOD after the upgrade?

MY20 T4S was updated last week. I received several OTA updates which installed perfectly. However, I do not see that Function on Demand (FOD) was installed either in the PCM or as an optional feature selection on the Porsche website. How do I access the FOD feature?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
How do you access FOD after the upgrade?

MY20 T4S was updated last week. I received several OTA updates which installed perfectly. However, I do not see that Function on Demand (FOD) was installed either in the PCM or as an optional feature selection on the Porsche website. How do I access the FOD feature?
There isn’t a separate app for it. There may not be any FOD items that you can add so first check My Porsche for services you have subscribed too already and it should also list what is available to you.

For example if you don’t have Power Steering Plus then as an FoD feature you can subscribe / trial and then download. When you start the car (stationary) then the OTA update should pull down the feature with instructions etc.

Don’t be alarmed if your list is empty - you may already have features installed (at factory) or you don’t have the necessary factory installed hardware to support an FoD feature e.g. Innodrive requires ACC to be present.
Sponsored