My Porsche Taycan Turbo configuration- HELP!!!

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Hey,

So this is the code for my new car. Hopefully coming in the spring but I must commit to the build soon.

It is my first Porsche, first electric car and I am super excited.

But I want to make sure I get this perfect.

Any feedback on my build would be amazing. Be honest. Be critical. Tell me what I am wasting money on and what I should be adding on- PLEASE

PMFAPAA4

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PMFAPAA4
Sponsored

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
Hey,

So this is the code for my new car. Hopefully coming in the spring but I must commit to the build soon.

It is my first Porsche, first electric car and I am super excited.

But I want to make sure I get this perfect.

Any feedback on my build would be amazing. Be honest. Be critical. Tell me what I am wasting money on and what I should be adding on- PLEASE

PMFAPAA4

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PMFAPAA4
Innodrive is a waste. Just go with ACC. Everything else looks ok. Not sure the ionizer adds anything. I have it but have no sense it does anything.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Standard disclaimer...nothing is perfect, and all advice you’ll get from anybody is based on their perspective and not what is really best for you.

You seem to have selected just about every option, have you compared the price against the Turbo S? When you get too high on the options for one model you’re often getting into the territory that the next model has many of those options and thus changing the model might make sense. That said, it did not make sense for me to increase the model and I’m quite pleased with what I bought. You have a very solid build here with a ton of options, it’s really hard to go wrong here. But a few thoughts...

Sport sound - I didn’t get it and I’m happy I didn’t. Some love it, most I’ve talked to and my dealer has affirmed will turn it off as it’s just noise that provides no real value. If noise (inside the cabin only) is what you want, go for it, I know a lot of people on this board have it and many love it. Otherwise save the money.

I love the noise insulated glass that I have but don’t see it on yours. As many others on here have stated, it’s worth it. It helps further insulate the road noise and allows your music to come through that much more crisply. And if you want the sport sound, having the cabin more quiet will let you hear that sound better than fighting against the pavement noise.

I’m so happy to see you chose the rear axle steering! I have it and absolutely love it.

Head’s up display - I’m a huge fan of this tech, but it wasn’t available in my 2020, and I’m glad it wasn’t because I’d have been in analysis paralysis over it...I love it, but it changes the beautiful curved display into flat more standard looking display. But I’m a huge fan, so long as you aren’t using polarized glasses.

All the parking camera settings: yes (especially getting the 360 view as the backup camera alone sucks). I have the glass roof and I struggle to form a firm opinion...it’s beautiful, wonderful as the non-driver and sometimes helpful as the driver, but the sun also finds the perfect position to zero in on my eyes through the roof (depending on time of day of course). I’ve only seen pics of the models with metal vs. glass, I like the metal personally and would appreciate the darker cabin, but it is beautiful but know as the driver you will almost never get the benefit of looking out the roof.

I agree with adaptive cruise control but I didn’t like Innodrive when I played with it and I’m happy I didn’t get it. I did not like its reaction and attempts to control my speed, lane, etc. I am not often on very long road trips where I feel it would be more valuable, and I enjoy driving more than riding, ACC is plenty for me (I only have standard CC as I hardly use CC to begin with, but each time I do I wish I would have added the adaptive option) but many others on here like the InnoDrive so it’s really about your driving patterns and what you like.

You did not select the storage package. It’s low cost and it does give you several additional compartments and cubbies, including making the space under the central display actually functional. I highly recommend adding that, particularly because it is not something you can add later. I don’t see an option on the heated seats, is it included for all seats by default? I assume so since I can’t see any way to set it, but if not make sure you do! If you have kids, grandkids, etc. that you’ll be driving around then please add the “Side Airbags in Rear Compartment”. And if you aren’t driving people around a lot, reconsider the 4-zone climate setting as that only adds the fancy display and capabilities for the rear so why spend the money?

You have all of this visual customization but you didn’t change the accent colors. Add the accent color in darksilver or neodyme? (My car is simpler, black exterior, all black interior, so accent colors was simple, if it isn’t black then it isn’t).

Passenger display - quite a bit of debate on this as well. It’s basically a clone of the primary screen with even less functionality. It’s nice if you have a passenger who can do some additional navigation (searching for power, new stops, etc.) but for the most part it isn’t useful. My dealer has said nearly everybody who has purchased it has since said it’s a waste of money.

Cable Connection between Control Unit and Vehicle: 7.5m - GET THIS! It’s free, which is such a rarity from Porsche, but more than that it’s super useful! While your parking situation may not necessitate it now, if you have a second car or for some reason you need to park a little further away, you will quickly find you need the length and you’ll now need to pay a couple hundred (and wait delivery time) to get a long cable that you could have had for nothing.

I highly recommend getting the all weather mats. They’re decent quality and it’s nice to not get salt, ice, mud, etc. all over the rugs. I don’t see this in the UK configuration, buy from the dealer (or whatever) and install, it’s worth it (unless you only use the Taycan for fair weather driving).

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
Unless you regularly have rear passengers, the 4 zone controls in back may not be necessary.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
You've gone this far, you might as well get PDCC for the full experience.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
you have gone all out.

i would personally take off the high gloss exterior pack, you are losing some great body painted parts.

also add the sport design side skirts.

also check the rear Porsche badge in black isn’t going to delay your car.....

it is super high spec for a UK turbo. Just bear that in mind you are well into turbo S territory. Anything over 135 on a turbo is going big big

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Beautiful build :like:

Based on my 2 weeks owning my Turbo:

Electric sport sound + sport chrono: a GREAT combo as when you'll drive in sport plus the sound is quite different from the other modes clearly more sportier

Black high gloss + windows trim in black + black wheels and calipers: very nice has you'll have a 2-tone exterior. I would remove completly the model désignation.

For the interior I'm not sure that the Bordeaux red will be a great match with the neptune blue, I would rather go for a black leather or OLEA basalt black (I have that option and it's very nice with almost no plastic part visible only leather and Alcantara - a nice side effect is that your brand new car will not "stink" [I really dislike the smell of brand new car]) if you choose the OLEA you might also consider the accent paquet Darksilver.

You might consider the 22 kW AC option, depending if the charging stations you'll use have 22 kW AC (in Switzerland it's quite common for public stations and if you don't have the option it will only charge @ 11 kW.

I would choose the PDCC as it will give you the foremost of handling of your Taycan.

Consider also the Acoustically insulated laminated glass as it will give you an extra quietness in your vehicle.

For the HUD I have it and LOVE it, I also prefer the design with the HUD for me the instrument cluster feels more "integrated".

Consider the night vision if you live in area where there is frequently animals on the road, otherwise it could be only a nice gimmick

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Very good config. Had some similar items on my list when I started off in early Q1 2020. I finally did not chose some of them finally:
- Porsche sound: coming from Tesla Model I had gotten used to a quiet car. Have played around a lot during test drives but did not feel „touched“. It‘s between fish and meat. You might like it if you mentally want to link sound to the car’s performance
- glass roof: good for passengers in the back more than for drivers. My Model S and my wife‘s model 3 had/have it. This time I did not go for it, and I am happy.
- I do think innodrive is a good package. All those AI type of assistimg systems have goodies and flaws. It does traffic sign and speed adjustment reasonably well. It is fairly priced, compared to other manufacturers such as Tesla where Autopilot comes at a triple price with less functionality. And I guess it will receive OTA updates to improve further.
- My sales guy told me about the passenger display. Not a lot of value to me at least, but as I did not take it, maybe s.o. else might be better positioned to comment
- I‘d take the acoustic glass. I do nelieve it does reduce external noise.
- Burmester sound is not too bad at all. Had played with it back and forth. Was a kind of sharp-edged knife decision. Did not choose it then, and I am satisfied with the BOSE instead. Burmester also does take a bit of luggage space away. But certainly nice...
- I’d take the 4 zone A/C only if you have passengers.
- I chose chalk leather option for my cherry red car. I have see chalk in a neptune blue car at my dealer‘s site. Looked great to me. Maybe it could be a better fit even?
- The surround view camera view in my test car was awful. I did chose the rear view cam only. Before fixing the car before production, I had asked my sales guy about any improvements as part of the MY21 specs but he could not confirm.

OP
OP
Doc

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
thank you so much...

So I have taken lots of the advice on board... So pleasant to see so many people offer opinions- appreciate is all subjective and the buck stops with me but it is appreciated.

So it is now between £146k for a Turbo (PMMCI814) or £160k for a Turbo S (PMYWKNB9).

I guess the drive will not be significantly different on a day to day basis but would it hold more resale value?

Unless changing to a Turbo S delays my order for March....

Reactions: TIM

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
thank you so much...

So I have taken lots of the advice on board... So pleasant to see so many people offer opinions- appreciate is all subjective and the buck stops with me but it is appreciated.

So it is now between £146k for a Turbo (PMMCI814) or £160k for a Turbo S (PMYWKNB9).

I guess the drive will not be significantly different on a day to day basis but would it hold more resale value?

If you have things you optioned on the turbo that are standard on the turbo S, that would tilt the scale a bit in favor of the turbo S.

OP
OP
Doc

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
If you have things you optioned on the turbo that are standard on the turbo S, that would tilt the scale a bit in favor of the turbo S.

So those two are cars are the like for like- Only difference being the model. .. the pricey things I have opted for are the burmeister, innodrive, rear wheel steering, exterior colour, interior display, pan roof- which are all optional extras on the turbo and turbo s!

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Beautiful build :like:

Based on my 2 weeks owning my Turbo:

Electric sport sound + sport chrono: a GREAT combo as when you'll drive in sport plus the sound is quite different from the other modes clearly more sportier

Black high gloss + windows trim in black + black wheels and calipers: very nice has you'll have a 2-tone exterior. I would remove completly the model désignation.

For the interior I'm not sure that the Bordeaux red will be a great match with the neptune blue, I would rather go for a black leather or OLEA basalt black (I have that option and it's very nice with almost no plastic part visible only leather and Alcantara - a nice side effect is that your brand new car will not "stink" [I really dislike the smell of brand new car]) if you choose the OLEA you might also consider the accent paquet Darksilver.

You might consider the 22 kW AC option, depending if the charging stations you'll use have 22 kW AC (in Switzerland it's quite common for public stations and if you don't have the option it will only charge @ 11 kW.

I would choose the PDCC as it will give you the foremost of handling of your Taycan.

Consider also the Acoustically insulated laminated glass as it will give you an extra quietness in your vehicle.

For the HUD I have it and LOVE it, I also prefer the design with the HUD for me the instrument cluster feels more "integrated".

Consider the night vision if you live in area where there is frequently animals on the road, otherwise it could be only a nice gimmick
After reflexion I would opt out the following :
  • ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Light
  • Bordeaux Red seat belts
  • Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Outer Rear Seats)
  • Vehicle key in leather with key pouch in leather
  • Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black, illuminated left out the illumination
It's only 1% of the total price but these options in my opinion bring nothing in the "look" nor the abilities of the Taycan

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
thank you so much...

In order for you to have the better overview of the differences between the Turbo and Turbo S see the following post (If you haven't already ;))
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/differences-between-turbo-and-turbo-s.571/post-5375
You have also to keep in mind if you intend to keep the car for a long time that the cost for the servicing of the ceramic brakes will be significantly higher.

On driving the major difference will be the launch control otherwise the available power is the same as the Turbo

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Passenger Display. FYI, in the next version of the Apple Pay (i think already available on the 2021), it will allow the passenger to get the lyrics of the song playing showing on the screen, CarPlay Karaoke. I think it is a cool feature if you do longer roadtrips with a passenger.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/porsche-taycan-apple-podcast-music-update/
Sponsored