Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Updated on Dec 12.

I thought people would be interested to see the estimates vs actuals as production progresses. I ordered a CT4 on Nov 11, 2021. My dealer (Porsche Austin) had an allocation for a January build that I was able to reserve with a $5K deposit. I'll list all the steps shown in TYD with estimates and update the actuals as they occur (assuming TYD functions properly).

TYD Journey Steps:
- Change Freeze Point Reached - Dec 16 Est. - Dec 16 Act.
- Scheduled for Production - Jan 14 Est. - Jan 10 Act.
- Start Production - Jan 21 Est. - Jan 17 Act. <-- VIN assigned at this stage
- Production Completed - Jan 28 Est. - Jan 21 Act.
- Ready for Transport - Jan 28 Est. - Jan 21 Act.
- In Transit to Emden Port - Jan 28 Est. - Jan 24 Act.
- Arrival Emden Port - Jan 28 Est. - Jan 25 Act.
- On Vessel - Feb 4 Est. - Feb 10 Act.
***Extra Step for a select few lucky individuals*** - Fire aboard vessel - Feb 16 Act. <- FML
Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_1489.PNG

********************** Original estimates that will never happen due to fire **********************
- Vessel Entering Port Channel - Feb 25 Est.
- Entry Port - Feb 25 Est.
- Port Processing - Feb 25 Est.
- En Route to Porsche Dealer - Mar 11 Est.
- Arrival Porsche Dealer - Mar 18 Est.
********************** End original estimates that will never happen due to fire **********************

My original build disappeared from TYD for a day and was replaced with this new build. Looks like I get to start all over again.
- New Order Created - Feb 22 Act.
- Change Freeze Point Reached - Apr 29 Est. - Apr 30 Act.
- Scheduled for Production - May 20 Est. - May 19 Act.
- Start Production - Jun 3 Est. June 24 Est. - July 7 Act.
- Production Completed - Jun 10 Est. Jul 1 Est. - July 13 Act.
- Ready for Transport - Jun 10 Est. Jul 8 Est. - July 13 Act.
- In Transit to Emden Port - Jun 17 Est. Jul 8 Est. - July 13 Act.
- Arrival Emden Port - Jun 17 Est. Jul 8 Est. Jul 22 Est. - October 7 Act.
- On Vessel - Jun 24 Est. Jul 15 Est. Aug 12 Est. Nov 4 Est. Nov 18 Est. - October 28 Act.
- Vessel Entering Port Channel - Jul 15 Est. Aug 5 Est. Nov 25 Est. Dec 9 Est. Nov 18 Est. - Nov 20 Act.
- Entry Port - Jul 15 Est. Aug 5 Est. Sep 2 Est. Nov 25 Est. Dec 9 Est. Nov 18 Est. - Nov 20 Act.
- Port Processing - Jul 15 Est. Aug 5 Est. Sep 2 Est. Nov 25 Est. Dec 9 Est. Nov 18 Est. - Nov 20 Act.
- En Route to Porsche Dealer - Jul 29 Est. Aug 19 Est. Sep 9 Est. Nov 25 Est. Dec 16 Est. Nov 25 Est. - Nov 29 Act.
- Arrival Porsche Dealer - Jul 29 Est. Aug 19 Est. Sep 9 Est. Nov 25 Est. Dec 16 Est. Nov 25 Est. - Nov 30 Act.

Some photos from the configurator of what's being built...

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_1369.JPG
Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_1389.JPG
Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals IMG_1390.JPG

These production photos appeared on July 19 on the website. These are actual photos of my Mamba Green CT4 being built...

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals mamba1

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals mamba2

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals mamba3

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Mine will be at least 3 months behind yours, so I've put this thread on Watch and look forward to seeing your updates.
Mamba and black look great.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ugh, it looks like my car has broken down by the side of the road before I even got it! I've been in the "In Transit to Emden Port" stage all day with the location shown in the screenshot below. This is not starting off well :eek:

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 10.16.33 PM

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Can you tell how far it has travelled from the factory? Can you find the location on Google Earth imagery? Perhaps it's been taken to a staging area for onward group transport (possibly even by rail). Hopefully other forum members can comment from personal experience.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you tell how far it has travelled from the factory? Can you find the location on Google Earth imagery? Perhaps it's been taken to a staging area for onward group transport (possibly even by rail). Hopefully other forum members can comment from personal experience.
Based on the imagery from Google maps, the car stopped to play some golf ?

Looks like TYD is down right now so I don’t have any position update yet today.

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals D46CC36C-4B06-4639-AC95-460418F7A93D

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TYD is back up and my Porsche is still on that damn golf course. Must be a tough course ⛳

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The golf vacation has ended and the Porsche has finally made it to port. Unfortunately it missed the roro that left port yesterday headed for Houston ? Time to sit in Emden for at least a few weeks.

Looks like the Felicity Ace will be the next roro making it’s way from Emden to Houston. That ship is scheduled to arrive in Emden on Feb 6.

Last edited:

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
@Hirschaj our cars have almost the exact same dates, I'm 1-5 days ahead of you on the early steps, and my production was complete 1 day ahead of yours. Emden transit times are identical. Mine's going to be on Glovis Sonic to Benicia (and then on to Seattle, expected April 1st and I hope that's not a joke).

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Hirschaj our cars have almost the exact same dates, I'm 1-5 days ahead of you on the early steps, and my production was complete 1 day ahead of yours. Emden transit times are identical. Mine's going to be on Glovis Sonic to Benicia (and then on to Seattle, expected April 1st and I hope that's not a joke).
Oh wow, our cars were probably on the line together. Hopefully neither of ours have to sit in port for too long. I’m thankful to be taking delivery through a Gulf of Mexico port instead of anywhere on the west coast. That extra wait would be rough on me.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Thanks for this. So it will only take 2 months from start of the build to delivery? Dealers here are telling me 6 months...!

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for this. So it will only take 2 months from start of the build to delivery? Dealers here are telling me 6 months...!
All I can do is share the timeline for my vehicle. My dealer had an allocation for a CT4 that was not reserved by anyone else yet and I jumped on it. Full schedule is shown in my original post.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
May I ask how you know that your car will be on the Glovis Sonic to Benicia? My car has been at Emden for 2 weeks now and, while I am hoping to be on the Sonic this week, I have no way of confirming that. Thanks

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
All I can do is share the timeline for my vehicle. My dealer had an allocation for a CT4 that was not reserved by anyone else yet and I jumped on it. Full schedule is shown in my original post.
Yes, well noted. Just expressing my surprise. 2 month turn around is far quicker than what I'm hearing around my area.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
May I ask how you know that your car will be on the Glovis Sonic to Benicia? My car has been at Emden for 2 weeks now and, while I am hoping to be on the Sonic this week, I have no way of confirming that. Thanks
There's a shipping schedule here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/march-2022-us-deliveries.8909/page-6#post-129185

With my estimated delivery date (April 1st) and the estimate for vessel in port (March 11th), those dates match up very well with the schedule for Glovis Sonic. Glovis Sonic is currently in Bremerhaven, likely loading up non-VW group cars (BMW, Mercedes, ...). Next stop will be Emden, and then on to the US West Coast.

It's not a certainty, but it's very likely.
Sponsored