ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
When I am in the Taycan, it prompts me to login and the dealer rep said it was necessary for the personalizations to be linked to a specific key fob. When I try, it accepts my ID and password but then asks for a PIN which I don't have. There is no mention of a PIN in my app settings. The salesman showed me on his app where he has it but I do not. He thinks it's because my '16 Cayenne predates the use of the PIN so my profile was never setup for one.

Any suggestions how I can do this? Having to keep "x"ing out of the first 2 screen prompts is annoying, not to mention I have to keep redoing the settings every time I drive. Ugh.

I am waiting for the VIN to be added to my profile so maybe it will show up then?
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@ZenicaNC Go to myporsche.com website. Use the website from a computer, not the app from a phone.
In your myporsche account, navigate to "profile settings" > Login & Security > Security Code
The security code is the 4 digit pin.
Good luck.
(My guess is the VIN will need to be added to your myporsche account before the pin will work in the car.)

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
@ZenicaNC Go to myporsche.com website. Use the website from a computer, not the app from a phone.
In your myporsche account, navigate to "profile settings" > Login & Security > Security Code
Good luck.
(My guess is the VIN will need to be added to your myporsche account before the pin will work in the car.)
If the car is older than 3 year, don't he need a subscrtption from porsche to activate the Porsche connect?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If the car is older than 3 year, don't he need a subscrtption from porsche to activate the Porsche connect?
Good question.
But the OP just wants to set up personalizations (I assume like seats and mirrors) with his key fob. I would doubt he should need Porsche Connect subscription to do that.

OP
OP

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
Good luck.
I’d have sworn this is what the salesperson and I did at time of delivery but it didn’t show the expected results.
That said, I did what you outlined and *poof! it prompted me to create a PIN

thanks.

Sidebar, does a CPO include Porsche Connect? MyPorsche app shows it for purchase.

I was told I have access to the 3yr included 30 minutes charging sessions at Electrify America. Is there a section in the manual that outlines how to charge using that included time and not have the app just bill my card on file??

OP
OP

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
It’s under 3 years from ISD so dealer said I can use remainder. Not sure how since app wants $$. I paid because I figure once it’s straightened out, the time will just be extended.

It unlocks some nice features.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’d have sworn this is what the salesperson and I did at time of delivery but it didn’t show the expected results.
That said, I did what you outlined and *poof! it prompted me to create a PIN

thanks.

Sidebar, does a CPO include Porsche Connect? MyPorsche app shows it for purchase.

I was told I have access to the 3yr included 30 minutes charging sessions at Electrify America. Is there a section in the manual that outlines how to charge using that included time and not have the app just bill my card on file??
Check on your subscriptions/connect services.
Go to your MyPorsche account.
Select about your vehicle. Once your vehicle info comes up, scroll down to
Porsche Connect Services for you.
View in connect store
Select active services.
Should give expiration dates of Porsche Charging Service.

Note in MyPorsche to use Porsche Charging Service, you must enter credit card info to serve as billing backup after you have used the included 30 minutes.

OP
OP

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
Check on your subscriptions/connect services.
Go to your MyPorsche account.
Select about your vehicle. Once your vehicle info comes up, scroll down to
Porsche Connect Services for you.
View in connect store
Select active services.
Should give expiration dates of Porsche Charging Service.

Note in MyPorsche to use Porsche Charging Service, you must enter credit card info to serve as billing backup after you have used the included 30 minutes.
My Porsche Connect Services just says “We are working on your order. Please note activation times may vary depending on the selected service”

would I initiate the free 30 minute charge from within the Porsche app or the Electrify America app?

I tried the ladder but it didn’t work, in fact the 🤬 charging station wouldn’t recognize my phone so I just used a card as a guest since I needed juice.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You have to have the Porsche Charging service activated for your car in order to get "free" charging at EA sites. Until you see that service in your Porsche Connect active services, you will have to use a different payment method.
This video shows you the steps to use Porsche charging service, when you get it:
Until that happens, either pay for EA charging with a credit card, or sign up for EA account and use EA app. EA app is separately billed account and does not access Porsche Charging service.

OP
OP

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
You have to have the Porsche Charging service activated for your car in order to get "free" charging at EA sites. Until you see that service in your Porsche Connect active services, you will have to use a different payment method.
This video shows you the steps to use Porsche charging service, when you get it:
Until that happens, either pay for EA charging with a credit card, or sign up for EA account and use EA app. EA app is separately billed account and does not access Porsche Charging service.
Is this the charging service your referring to?

Porsche Taycan My recently purchased CPO Taycan won't login to my Porsche account IMG_4921

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this the charging service your referring to?

IMG_4921.jpeg
Yes.

Did you follow the steps in post #8 above? What did it show about your Porsche Charging service? If you don't have Porsche Charging Service active in your MyPorsche Account, you must pay EA with credit card or via EA app account.

If you bought your car at a Porsche dealer, go back to them and get help. Have them set up your Porsche Charging Service. If not, contact 1800Porsche.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When I am in the Taycan, it prompts me to login and the dealer rep said it was necessary for the personalizations to be linked to a specific key fob. When I try, it accepts my ID and password but then asks for a PIN which I don't have. There is no mention of a PIN in my app settings. The salesman showed me on his app where he has it but I do not. He thinks it's because my '16 Cayenne predates the use of the PIN so my profile was never setup for one.

Any suggestions how I can do this? Having to keep "x"ing out of the first 2 screen prompts is annoying, not to mention I have to keep redoing the settings every time I drive. Ugh.

I am waiting for the VIN to be added to my profile so maybe it will show up then?
VIN needs to be in place first and associated with your My Porsche ID.

PIN is entirely optional at sign in time and most people will set auto login to make this hurdle easier.

Also check your settings on My Porsche website or app - the security code / PIN can be set there.

Disappointing that your SA lacks the basic knowledge of My Porsche given this knowledge is independent of the Porsche you own.

Porsche Taycan My recently purchased CPO Taycan won't login to my Porsche account Screenshot_20240211-143135_Chrome Beta

OP
OP

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
Yes.

Did you follow the steps in post #8 above? What did it show about your Porsche Charging service? If you don't have Porsche Charging Service active in your MyPorsche Account, you must pay EA with credit card or via EA app account.

If you bought your car at a Porsche dealer, go back to them and get help. Have them set up your Porsche Charging Service. If not, contact 1800Porsche.
I did, but I can’t see anything in PCS because I just get this message:

“We are working on your order. Please note activation times may vary depending on the selected service”

So I’ll call Porsche tomorrow and see if they can force it.

OP
OP

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
VIN needs to be in place first and associated with your My Porsche ID.

PIN is entirely optional at sign in time and most people will set auto login to make this hurdle easier.

Also check your settings on My Porsche website or app - the security code / PIN can be set there.

Disappointing that your SA lacks the basic knowledge of My Porsche given this knowledge is independent of the Porsche you own.

Screenshot_20240211-143135_Chrome Beta.jpg
Thanks. The PIN did finally show as an option I can set.

Are the personal vehicle settings linked to the key or ID I log into the car with?