My review of my 2022 Taycan 4S (Frozen Blue)

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
Dear fellow car lovers,
I have had my Taycan 4S (2022) for about 1 month, I would like to share my ownership experience with you all.
Cars in my country are expensive as we have a 110% import tax. This means my 4S is close to HKD 1.9M (USD 245,000) - I just had to be mindful of my wallet when specking my car and I will list specification below
- 22KW on board charger
- Sport Chrono
- Folding mirrors(Yes this is an option no joke - should be standard)
- 5th seat
- Glass roof
- Air suspension

I ordered that car in April 2021 but only just got it as I wanted my car to be MY2022.
The biggest difference was being able to use the Porsche Connect App (PCA)
So far the PCA has only failed to work once for about half a day... I just could not log on.
Apart from this single incident the PCA works albeit slowly.
I won't go into how it feels to drive as you all probably would have driven yours far more than mine.
I find that Normal mode suits me best in everyday situation. I have not really driven it aggressively.
In terms of regeneration I am torn between using it full on and auto mode.
The auto mode sometimes holds the car back excessively giving the impression that I am not a smooth driver. On the other hand I am not sure full on regeneration is giving me the best economy as the car does not glide when it should.
The interior quality so far has been good (apart from a slight squeak from the brake pedal),
A slight qualm for me would be the rather small rear view mirror.
In terms of equipment, Porsche really should have a system of full time video recording of the car's surroundings (like Tesla) after all it is a very premium car. I have had to install my dash-cam myself.
Technology wise, a truly key-less entry and drive should have been installed in the car. It's Year 2022 and I still
have to carry a car key. I mean for goodness sake I am almost totally keyless save for the car (both my home and office have "smart entry" installed - does Porsche not know we all have finger prints and eye-balls that can be used.
On a positive note, my wife thinks it's a great car. She says it's the most comfortable car I have bought to date (save for our 7 seater Van).
Well that's all for now, thanks for listening to my 2 cents.
Cheers,
Eric
Sponsored

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Dear fellow car lovers,
I have had my Taycan 4S (2022) for about 1 month, I would like to share my ownership experience with you all.
Cars in my country are expensive as we have a 110% import tax. This means my 4S is close to HKD 1.9M (USD 245,000) - I just had to be mindful of my wallet when specking my car and I will list specification below
- 22KW on board charger
- Sport Chrono
- Folding mirrors(Yes this is an option no joke - should be standard)
- 5th seat
- Glass roof
- Air suspension

I ordered that car in April 2021 but only just got it as I wanted my car to be MY2022.
The biggest difference was being able to use the Porsche Connect App (PCA)
So far the PCA has only failed to work once for about half a day... I just could not log on.
Apart from this single incident the PCA works albeit slowly.
I won't go into how it feels to drive as you all probably would have driven yours far more than mine.
I find that Normal mode suits me best in everyday situation. I have not really driven it aggressively.
In terms of regeneration I am torn between using it full on and auto mode.
The auto mode sometimes holds the car back excessively giving the impression that I am not a smooth driver. On the other hand I am not sure full on regeneration is giving me the best economy as the car does not glide when it should.
The interior quality so far has been good (apart from a slight squeak from the brake pedal),
A slight qualm for me would be the rather small rear view mirror.
In terms of equipment, Porsche really should have a system of full time video recording of the car's surroundings (like Tesla) after all it is a very premium car. I have had to install my dash-cam myself.
Technology wise, a truly key-less entry and drive should have been installed in the car. It's Year 2022 and I still
have to carry a car key. I mean for goodness sake I am almost totally keyless save for the car (both my home and office have "smart entry" installed - does Porsche not know we all have finger prints and eye-balls that can be used.
On a positive note, my wife thinks it's a great car. She says it's the most comfortable car I have bought to date (save for our 7 seater Van).
Well that's all for now, thanks for listening to my 2 cents.
Cheers,
Eric
Thanks for posting! 245k - wowza that’s expensive.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new purchase! I prefer the regen set to ON - it reminds me more of my 6speed 911TT. I like the sports sound as well but my wife finds it too obtrusive :)
Sponsored