TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
They said I can take it on 1st March on the new UK 20 reg. Never asked for April. If it comes in Feb I’ll take it to be honest. Earlier the better..whats a few hundred in tax in the larger scheme of things..
Sponsored

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
They said I can take it on 1st March on the new UK 20 reg. Never asked for April. If it comes in Feb I’ll take it to be honest. Earlier the better..whats a few hundred in tax in the larger scheme of things..
BIK is currently 16% until April 2020 (then 0% first year) - so on a £100k Taycan you’re looking at saving about £6.5k on your tax bill (assuming 40% tax payer)l by waiting a month......

Last edited:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Nice one, I suspected the Taycan would be released on 20 reg.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Just been into my Dealership this morning and to say I'm pissed off is an understatement, I've been told my March build won't happen and they say at best it will be september !!!!!!!!

apparently porsche are taking no more orders and they won't say what the delay is for the UK
I'm now looking at alternate options with another dealership or lease

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
Just been into my Dealership this morning and to say I'm pissed off is an understatement, I've been told my March build won't happen and they say at best it will be september !!!!!!!!

apparently porsche are taking no more orders and they won't say what the delay is for the UK
I'm now looking at alternate options with another dealership or lease
Which dealer is that?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
Newcastle !, so Leeds will poss be the same assuming that's where your's is from
I’d planned to call in to Leeds again next week anyway, so will see what they have to say....... I expect the delay will affect all dealers in the UK the same way unfortunately

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
My dealer (UK North West) confirmed delay on all Uk cars today, but mine only seems to have slipped from late Jan to late Feb (so far!).

I've a separate question. I really like the look of the car with the metal roof rather than the glass, so my provisional spec hasn't selected the glass option. It seems like every spec I've seen on here does have glass, is this likely to be something that will come back to bite me at resale? The dealer thought not but I want to get views from others...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My dealer (UK North West) confirmed delay on all Uk cars today, but mine only seems to have slipped from late Jan to late Feb (so far!).

I've a separate question. I really like the look of the car with the metal roof rather than the glass, so my provisional spec hasn't selected the glass option. It seems like every spec I've seen on here does have glass, is this likely to be something that will come back to bite me at resale? The dealer thought not but I want to get views from others...
Everyone here will have their own view. I have seen videos where the car is a dark place without the roof so I went for it.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Having more light is one thing, but it does look quite impressive from the inside. As it is a very large glass roof. To me the deciding factor was the headroom though. The car has multiple centimeters more vertical space with the glass roof.

For me, as a tall person, this makes a difference. It was noticeable in the front marginally but greatly at the back. This is all from my personal experience playing around with both versions at Frankfurt. One of the easiest accessory choices for me.

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Having more light is one thing, but it does look quite impressive from the inside. As it is a very large glass roof. To me the deciding factor was the headroom though. The car has multiple centimeters more vertical space with the glass roof.

For me, as a tall person, this makes a difference. It was noticeable in the front marginally but greatly at the back. This is all from my personal experience playing around with both versions at Frankfurt. One of the easiest accessory choices for me.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've gone for the panoramic roof because I'll be on the inside not the outside so it's got to look good from in there! Here's the pre-final spec subject to any last thoughts from anyone - tomorrow I'll be hitting the confirm button!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLKG6946

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great pal
Almost at turbo money are you tempted

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great pal
Almost at turbo money are you tempted
I would add the 360 surround view instead of rear camera
Sponsored