r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
In the US we can only get the metal roof after 6/2020.
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've gone for the panoramic roof because I'll be on the inside not the outside so it's got to look good from in there! Here's the pre-final spec subject to any last thoughts from anyone - tomorrow I'll be hitting the confirm button!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLKG6946
love the grey. Would recommend considering Lane Change Assist and the 150Kw on board charger.

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
I would add the 360 surround view instead of rear camera
Yes I agree it's worth the extra but I'm trying to save where I can and I reckon I would use the rear camera but the surround view would be mire of a gimmick. Wondering also as a 54 year old (starting to fall apart in middle age!) whether I should upgrade to the comfort seats!

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
love the grey. Would recommend considering Lane Change Assist and the 150Kw on board charger.
Do you know how much difference the 150kw on board charger will make to the time it takes to charge at a non high speed charging station? I wasn't sure

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Yes I agree it's worth the extra but I'm trying to save where I can and I reckon I would use the rear camera but the surround view would be mire of a gimmick. Wondering also as a 54 year old (starting to fall apart in middle age!) whether I should upgrade to the comfort seats!
I’m sure at 54 you have a few more years without requiring comfort seats

I have gone quite basic for mine -

Extended batt
Surround view
Black window trims
Heated seats
Panoramic roof
2+1 rear seat
Folding mirrors
Privacy glass
Some of which should be standard!

I could easily spend 10-15k more on extras that I’m not sure I need!
Very had specifying a car you haven’t driven or even seen

I gave myself a nice budget and specified my car upto that budget and I like to think I’ll be happy with my choice and won’t miss what I don’t have

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I’m sure at 54 you have a few more years without requiring comfort seats

I have gone quite basic for mine -

Extended batt
Surround view
Black window trims
Heated seats
Panoramic roof
2+1 rear seat
Folding mirrors
Privacy glass
Some of which should be standard!

I could easily spend 10-15k more on extras that I’m not sure I need!
Very had specifying a car you haven’t driven or even seen

I gave myself a nice budget and specified my car upto that budget and I like to think I’ll be happy with my choice and won’t miss what I don’t have

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know how much difference the 150kw on board charger will make to the time it takes to charge at a non high speed charging station? I wasn't sure
it only effects 400V DC charging, which is limited to 50Kw without this option. These are the most common public high speed chargers. It won’t effect AC charging (like at home or many small businesses)

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
I found a website (https://www.electronicdesign.com/au...an-goes-5-88-battery-charge-270-kw-22-minutes) that explains the impact of the 150kw onboard charger: the relevant extract is below

"When using a typical 400-V dc charger, the Taycan’s 50-kW dc onboard charger can get the vehicle’s battery from 5% to 80% charged in 93 minutes. An optional 150-kW onboard charger increases charging speeds, enabling a 5%-to-80% charge in 36 minutes"

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
AFAIAW the tax is pro rata so you would only pay for one month and not the whole year :)
My accountant confirmed that you’re correct BIK is worked out pro-rata on a daily basis...... my OPC still had 3 February build slots available so managed to get one!:like:

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My accountant confirmed that you’re correct BIK is worked out pro-rata on a daily basis...... my OPC still had 3 February build slots available so managed to get one!:like:
I may be wrong but my understanding is that if you purchase the car before April 6th you will pay a flat 2% BIK for 20/21, 21/22, 22/23
But if registered after that dates it’s
0% 20/21, 1% 21/22, 2% 22/23

hence why I have one of my cars being delivered after that date

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
I may be wrong but my understanding is that if you purchase the car before April 6th you will pay a flat 2% BIK for 20/21, 21/22, 22/23
But if registered after that dates it’s
0% 20/21, 1% 21/22, 2% 22/23

hence why I have one of my cars being delivered after that date
for a fully electric car, the new BIK of 0%, 1% and 2% for 20/21, 21/22, 22/23 will stand irrespective of when the car was bought. The rule you're referring to where the date of the car comes into play if it's pre 6 April is only relevant for hybrids

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
for a fully electric car, the new BIK of 0%, 1% and 2% for 20/21, 21/22, 22/23 will stand irrespective of when the car was bought. The rule you're referring to where the date of the car comes into play if it's pre 6 April is only relevant for hybrids
cheers for clarifying, is it just me or is the whole thing complex
Sponsored