My Spec and a couple of questions

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Porsche Taycan My Spec and a couple of questions iris (2)
Greetings, my config below, just waiting for the 4S release date.

3 questions.

1.) What’s the benefit of sports chrono in the Taycan, I have it in my 911 but can’t see much benefit in an electric vehicle.

2.) Does the passenger display work all the time or only when somebody is sat in the passenger seat

3.) Anything I’ve missed?

Carrara White Metallic
Black/Chalk Beige two-tone leather interior with smooth-finish leather

Electric folding exterior mirrors including courtesy lighting
Side window trims in black (High-Gloss)
Model designation painted in black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
21-inch Mission E Design wheels
Wheels painted in Exterior Colour Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Panoramic roof, fixed glass
Privacy glass
ParkAssist including Surround View
Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Control
Comfort Access
Ambient Lighting
Comfort Seats in front (14-way, electric) with Memory Package
Seat massage including seat ventilation (front)
Heated steering wheel (i.c.w. Leather Interior)
2+1 rear seat system
Passenger Display
Powered charging port cover
150kW DC on-board booster
Mobile Charger Connect
Charging Dock (wall box)
Sponsored

Last edited:

osch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks good!

1: Sport Chrono gives the dial on the steering wheel so you can change drive mode more easy when already driving. That is the reason i am including it in my build. The steering wheel also gets visible bolts, if you are into that.

2: There has been mentioned in a video that there is a sensor in the passenger seat that affects the passenger screen, but you can also disable it from the main screen.

Other than that i thing the options looks alright. This is my config for a 4S:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL5BAAQ8
Not sure if i am going with PDCC.. Will need to test one without i guess.
I choose electric sport sound as it doesnt seem like it can be added later, and it can be turned off if you want to.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Looks good!

1: Sport Chrono gives the dial on the steering wheel so you can change drive mode more easy when already driving. That is the reason i am including it in my build. The steering wheel also gets visible bolts, if you are into that.

2: There has been mentioned in a video that there is a sensor in the passenger seat that affects the passenger screen, but you can also disable it from the main screen.

Other than that i thing the options looks alright. This is my config for a 4S:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL5BAAQ8
Not sure if i am going with PDCC.. Will need to test one without i guess.
I choose electric sport sound as it doesnt seem like it can be added later, and it can be turned off if you want to.
Nice spec, any thoughts about four wheel steering?

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Thanks both,

I’ll probably remove the passenger display if it’s only on when you have a passenger, seems expensive for something that will be rarely on unless I can find if it can be switched off.

on sports chrono - I have this in my 911 and it’s nice in a ICE vehicle as it changes the gear selection but how does it work on an all electric?

Osch - looked at your spec, looks good - you guys get an option for a heat pump which I’m guessing you need in Norway!

interestingly you also have a choice for Porsche Intelligent Range Manager which I can’t see in the UK site

skystorm - do you think 4 wheel drive adds much of a difference ? A mainly do straight roads anyway was my logic

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks both,

I’ll probably remove the passenger display if it’s only on when you have a passenger, seems expensive for something that will be rarely on unless I can find if it can be switched off.

on sports chrono - I have this in my 911 and it’s nice in a ICE vehicle as it changes the gear selection but how does it work on an all electric?

Osch - looked at your spec, looks good - you guys get an option for a heat pump which I’m guessing you need in Norway!

interestingly you also have a choice for Porsche Intelligent Range Manager which I can’t see in the UK site

skystorm - do you think 4 wheel drive adds much of a difference ? A mainly do straight roads anyway was my logic
It makes the Car feel shorter and more
responsive, but it’s not a must have.. You can feel it in take overs and when you park your car..

thorfun

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I had 4-wheel steering on the Panamera and you really notice it when parking. It was a big car and I think it helped a lot.

As has already been said, it also seemed to make the car feel smaller. But as I didn’t drive a Panamera without it I can’t be sure how much of a difference it made!

I’m 99% sure I’ll spec it on the Taycan.

osch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks both,

Heatpump is a must here yeah!
I might consider removing the passenger screen. I dont see much use for it right now, but i thought they might add some features later that might be practical.

I did not add 4 wheel steering because of reliability concerns, and that it included powersteering plus, which i do not think i want. I want the same response from the steering wheel at all speeds to aid muscle memory i guess.The reliablity is the same with PDCC. There is so much salt on the roads in the winter here, and i assume these systems are pretty exposed. I plan to do a bit more research on these two systems before i order though. They might be bulletproof for all i know.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
no LCA? I suppose if you never drive on highways with two lanes in the same direction, it's not important... Norway doesn't have a lot of expressways...

osch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no LCA? I suppose if you never drive on highways with two lanes in the same direction, it's not important... Norway doesn't have a lot of expressways...
I think i need to try that out first. I do not do alot of lane changing on a daily basis as you say, but the rear end collision thing might be useful.

Marin Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bimota Tesi 3D, 1974 Alfa GTV, Fiat Abarth, Moto Guzzi V7
Country flag
Here's mine. I kind of hate Porsche for their strategy. The options add up so quickly. I may end up adding a few more, but it's right in Turbo range at that point. Add in a full clear wrap, and this is a EU145k car. The US site isn't up yet, so I used the DE site:

Porsche Taycan My Spec and a couple of questions upload_2019-10-15_9-51-54

Taycan 4S Total Price EU 139.414,90

Frozen Blue Metallic
21-Inch Mission Design E Wheels
SportDesign Package
Performance Battery Plus
PSCB Brakes - White Calipers
PDDC Sport + PTV
PDLS Plus - Ice Blue
Panoramic Glass Roof
Passenger Display
Porsche InnovDrive
Park Assist

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's mine. I kind of hate Porsche for their strategy. The options add up so quickly. I may end up adding a few more, but it's right in Turbo range at that point. Add in a full clear wrap, and this is a EU145k car. The US site isn't up yet, so I used the DE site:

upload_2019-10-15_9-51-54.png

Taycan 4S Total Price EU 139.414,90

Frozen Blue Metallic
21-Inch Mission Design E Wheels
SportDesign Package
Performance Battery Plus
PSCB Brakes - White Calipers
PDDC Sport + PTV
PDLS Plus - Ice Blue
Panoramic Glass Roof
Passenger Display
Porsche InnovDrive
Park Assist
I suspect you want the on board charger upgrade and the insulated glass for that roof. With those perf upgrades, you might consider the sports chrono package. Switching modes on the steering wheel is convenient. Personally I think the passenger display is a gimmick and the car looks better without the sports design package...

Marin Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bimota Tesi 3D, 1974 Alfa GTV, Fiat Abarth, Moto Guzzi V7
Country flag
I suspect you want the on board charger upgrade and the insulated glass for that roof. With those perf upgrades, you might consider the sports chrono package. Switching modes on the steering wheel is convenient. Personally I think the passenger display is a gimmick and the car looks better without the sports design package...
Agree on the charger, chrono and glass. I'm on the fence on the sport design package. I kind of like it. I have kids, and I know that they will love the passenger display. Gimmick or not.

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys,

what about the PDLS+ in Ice Blue with welcome home / Coming Home function ?

Do you think it’s a real must-have ?

do you know what is exactly this function « welcome home /coming Home » ??

OHWHATDA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
I really hope the US config site has a Premium package. Having to pay extra for keyless entry and auto dimming mirrors on a $100K+ fully electric car in 2020 is pretty depressing.
Sponsored