r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I learned from my dealer today that they expect the 2+1 seating to still have the console like the Panamera does. The middle passenger has to straddle the console and put each foot in the foot garage so no 2+1 for me.

I am expecting the car's modes can be selected without the aid of the sport chrono knob. I couldn't live without LCA in my Cayenne. The auto dimming rear view mirror is underwhelming in my Cayenne.

My spec for the base when it is available:
-base white
-double bubble metal roof ( available after 6/2020 )
-performance plus battery
-LCA
-front seat ventilation
-folding mirrors
-150 KW/400 VDC charger
-Intelligent range manager
-adaptive cruise control with forced steering wheel heating ( for Florida )
-park assist with surround camera
-fire extinguisher
-PSCB
Sponsored

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I suspect you want the on board charger upgrade and the insulated glass for that roof.
The insulated glass option has nothing to do with the panoroof as it already includes it. So do not option this and expect anything to change on the roof.

"The Taycan will come with a brand new glass roof for the Turbo and Turbo S. There is no crossmember between the B pillar to divide the roof, there is no roller sun screen. Instead the roof has 100% UV protection thanks to 7 layers of materials in the glass."

I am expecting the car's modes can be selected without the aid of the sport chrono knob.
On the Taycan it is a touch button in the form of a shock icon on the right side of the curved 16" main driver display.

You can see it clearly in this pic:
Porsche-Taycan-19.jpg

Without Sport Chrono you only have Normal, Range and Sport modes and must use the touch screen to change modes.

Sport Chrono option adds Sport Plus and Individual modes as well as the dial on the steering wheel to quickly change modes.

The SPORT PLUS mode includes performance oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the Performance Battery

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Porsche Taycan My Spec and a couple of questions 798A3532-A205-4657-AF37-592607182603
Porsche Taycan My Spec and a couple of questions A49E766B-BCAA-4105-B2EA-19A9A24C4757
Porsche Taycan My Spec and a couple of questions DD0BBFCE-085C-42CC-B5BF-E82181FDF6D1
Porsche Taycan My Spec and a couple of questions BF6665D4-5B5F-44BA-BED5-1E1B5E4395D6

Dealer contacted me yesterday and let me know that my spec can now be start to be nailed down for Jan build and pre April delivery so I need to start firming my config.

I’ve ditched the passenger screen (off when driving alone), motorised charging point cover (cost), surround view (cost) and 2+1 seating option (won’t use often to justify cost) to make up for the £5k+ for mission e style wheels

Still totally on the fence re sports chrono, I use sports (often) and sports+ (rarely) on my 911 but still can’t get my head around how chrono works in a full electric car as power is always on.

The options below are currently at £19k, any builds on the spec?

- Carrara White Metallic
- Black/Crayon two-tone leather interior with smooth-finish leather
- Electric folding exterior mirrors
- Exterior mirror lower trims painted including mirror base painted in black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur Side window trims in black (High-Gloss) Model designation painted in black (high- gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur Electric drive transmission
- Porsche Electric Sport Sound
- Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB), white calipers. (Mandator with mission e wheels )
- Sport Chrono Package
- 21-Inch Mission E Design Wheels Wheels painted in Exteriour Colour Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Panoramic roof, fixed glass
- Privacy glass
- ParkAssist including Reversing Camera Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Control
- Driver memory package
- Ambient lighting
- 8-way electric seats (front)
- Seat Heating (front and rear)
- Heated steering wheel (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior) BOSE® Surround Sound System
- 150kW DC on-board booster
- Mobile Charger Connect (mandatory )
- Charging Dock (wall box)

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That is à lovely spec. Very close to my thinking. I like the options you seem to have on the interior leather colours.

I am slightly surprised to see that you have not opted for the larger battery, but I guess that depends on the way you will use the car. I would rather have taken the surround view than the Inno Drive option though. Since I live in a warmer climate I do also like the seat ventilation option, and am thinking to take that. I am still not clear on the value of the rear steering option, but since the parking spots near us are quite small it could make sense?Adds quite some costs though.

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
Nice Spec. But you need to be sure you about the surround view. The car is very low in the front and fairly wide so surround view is a real plus. I have it on my Cayenne and use it al the time. I have not heart good things on the inno drive, but have also never seen it in person.

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks both I only commute 18 miles each way to the office so I should be fine with the regular battery.

Good comments on the surround view, maybe tempted to stick it back in.

dealer has just emailed me and said the crayon interior is not available until Feb builds so April delivery, I’ll just hang on a couple of extra weeks as a quite like the black/white colour scheme rather than a beige interior.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice build.

I agree with others that surround view will be valuable especially for tight spots.

For myself, I left out the Charging dock (wall box) to save a few dollars, since I'll be using it in the garage. Looking at the manuals for the different Porsche chargers (https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/e-performance/faq/), Mobile Charger Connect is supposed to come with a basic wall plate to secure the Mobile Charger Connect to a wall. The wall box is only helping to hide the charge cable, unless you'll be installing it on an outside wall.

I also left out the InnoDrive option and only opted for the Adaptive Cruise Control. I figured I can use phone apps to help map travel trips and needing to know where's the next charging station.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting to check the different countries configurator. I may well have misunderstood the different features, so please correct me if I am wrong.

My French is not the best, but for me Innodrive looked more liked Autopilot with adaptive cruise control! It would slow down for bends and coast as well as adapt to different speed levels.

The feature to find suitable charging stations was called Range Manager and only seemed to work with the navigation system and also not too expensive.

For me I am not in favour of having my Taycan in some self driving mode. Adaptive cruise control ok but any5hing more than that????

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have another question to those that own and drive a modern Porsche?

I am very keen on the matrix lights as I understand these to be similar to the BMW and Mercedes ones, which basically have the full beam on, but extinguish certain segments. This is done not to dazzle oncoming traffic etc. I have used that in a friends Mercedes and it was fantastic. The road around the cars was brightly lit up but the oncoming traffic did not object nor flash me?

Now my question. Anybody have experience of the feature called Night Vision? Looks a great help when driving on dark B roads, but if the above matrix lights work as they do in a Mercedes, it would not be needed? Or?

Has anyone any experience of these two features?

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This article says everything you need to know about innodrive:
https://www.thedrive.com/tech/14021/porsches-innodrive-is-cruise-control-for-the-lazy-enthusiast

"But forget InnoDrive's limitations at your own risk. Well, yours and everyone around you, because expecting the system to do things it can't—like, say, stop at an intersection—is a recipe for a crash. It doesn't turn a Porsche into a self-driving car; it's not even quite Tesla's Autopilot, not Mercedes-Benz's Drive Pilot. It'd be unfair to call it a lesser system; it simply has a different set of priorities, ones more in line with the spirit of the company that created it, which has always lived at the the intersection of technology and performance.

So what, exactly, is it for? That's the question I struggled with while steering—I can't really call it driving, not with my feet free to dance a jig as the car wound its way through turn after turn—through the paved, winding paths north of Stuttgart. The system is of no use on wide-open highways, where the curves are so gentle, if you have to slow down for them you're doing it wrong. It's made for use on two-lanes laden with crests and curves. Thing is...don't people buy Porsches specifically because they enjoy things like driving down back roads? A Porsche designed to drive itself down a fun stretch of asphalt seems like a sex doll designed only to pleasure itself while you watch.

The best real-world use I could come up with for InnoDrive was as a sort of "sightseeing mode." On winding roads you've never driven before, it's far better than you at knowing when to brake or how hard to hit the gas, delivering silky-smooth inputs and leaving you to steer while admiring the scenery. If ever leaf-peeper in New England used InnoDrive, the nightmare that is foliage traffic would vanish instantly. Likewise, if you were more interested in taking in the sights of California's Highway 1 than driving it, InnoDrive would be a perfect co-pilot. But if that were the case...why the hell did you buy a Porsche in the first place?"

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You guys are right, I had mixed up InnoDrive with the Intelligent Range Manager.

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Argh.... it’s proving hard to nail down this Spec.

Sat with dealer yesterday and entered into the system the above spec and then made 3 changes since I came away.....

Added the long range battery - I think stop range anxiety and will hopefully hold the price difference by having it when I sell in the future

Added power charging port - just looks cleaner without having a "fule" cap open when charging

Removed sports chrono - figured sports mode comes for free, does sport+ add much besides launch control (??)

Replaced innodrive with just adaptive cruise control - didn’t realise Lane keeping assist came free so I don’t think innodrive adds much (??)

Replaced rear park view with surround view.

Final call for comments before I lock down

Taycan 4S

- Carrara White Metallic
- Black/Crayon two-tone leather interior with smooth-finish leather
- Electric folding exterior mirrors
- Exterior mirror lower trims painted including mirror base painted in black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Side window trims in black (High-Gloss)
- designation painted in black (high- gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Performance Battery Plus
- Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB), white calipers
- 21-Inch Mission E Design Wheels Wheels painted in Exteriour Colour Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Panoramic roof, fixed glass
- Privacy glass
- ParkAssist including Surround View Adaptive cruise control
- Driver memory package
- Ambient lighting
- 8-way electric seats (front)
- Seat Heating (front and rear)
- Heated steering wheel (i.c.w. Leather Interior)
- Porsche Crest on headrests (front) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- BOSE® Surround Sound System Powered charging port cover
- 150kW DC on-board booster
- Mobile Charger Connect
- Charging Dock (wall box)

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Removed sports chrono - figured sports mode comes for free, does sport+ add much besides launch control (??)

Replaced innodrive with just adaptive cruise control - didn’t realise Lane keeping assist came free so I don’t think innodrive adds much (??)
Are you sure you even need ACC? The car already has warn and brake (auto) built in. Do you really need a $2000(USD) option to slow and speed up for you in cruise mode? I originally had it in my spec because I wanted it for warn and brake but then realized two things. A) its included and B) ACC only works when its on, I want it to work any/all the time.

I already detailed Sports Chrono in post #17 right above on this page:
https://www.taycanforum.com/threads/my-spec-and-a-couple-of-questions.606/page-2#post-6247

I understand the dislike for the analog dash clock (seriously Porsche you couldn't have dropped this for the EV?) but I really like the quick change dial on the steering wheel instead of the touch point on the curved display. The dial will take you from individual mode (which you don't get without sports chrono) that can be configured for the highest ride height (for steep driveways or speed bumps), to the fastest/lowest mode (Sport +) in a quick motion done by feel rather than having to look and touch a button. I had this on my 911 and really liked how quickly I could change modes without taking my eyes off the road.

I also think the temperature control feature of the battery with Sports Chrono is a big plus. I know this handles pre warming or cooling the battery for optimal performance but I'm not sure if it applies to charging as well.

And don't worry I fully accept that Sports Chrono is just another example of Porsche splitting off features that should be standard on a car of this price and charging you for them. But is Porsche and they do it because they can...

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
What about the battery performance plus?

I know you added that, but it’s about $7500 for about 50-70kms (sales told me) and a little more in hp. Is that worth the $7500?

or am I missing something? Because I am pushing/ delaying my slot for the June 2020 built. (It comes mandatory in Canada to have charger, pana roof and battery plus.)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you sure you even need ACC? The car already has warn and brake (auto) built in. Do you really need a $2000(USD) option to slow and speed up for you in cruise mode? I originally had it in my spec because I wanted it for warn and brake but then realized two things. A) its included and B) ACC only works when its on, I want it to work any/all the time.

I already detailed Sports Chrono in post #17 right above on this page:
https://www.taycanforum.com/threads/my-spec-and-a-couple-of-questions.606/page-2#post-6247

I understand the dislike for the analog dash clock (seriously Porsche you couldn't have dropped this for the EV?) but I really like the quick change dial on the steering wheel instead of the touch point on the curved display. The dial will take you from individual mode (which you don't get without sports chrono) that can be configured for the highest ride height (for steep driveways or speed bumps), to the fastest/lowest mode (Sport +) in a quick motion done by feel rather than having to look and touch a button. I had this on my 911 and really liked how quickly I could change modes without taking my eyes off the road.

I also think the temperature control feature of the battery with Sports Chrono is a big plus. I know this handles pre warming or cooling the battery for optimal performance but I'm not sure if it applies to charging as well.

And don't worry I fully accept that Sports Chrono is just another example of Porsche splitting off features that should be standard on a car of this price and charging you for them. But is Porsche and they do it because they can...
fwiw, I use the custom dial for sports chrono all the time in the 911. The default settings are for maximum fuel efficiency (as required by law) and ... nope. I also don’t see ACC being worth it. The standard LCA is very handy on the highway.
Sponsored