My Spec and a couple of questions

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Argh.... it’s proving hard to nail down this Spec.

Final call for comments before I lock down
Got a similar dilemma here for my UK spec:

- Dolomite Silver Metallic
- Black leather interior
- Electric folding exterior mirrors
- Exterior mirror lower trims painted including mirror base painted in black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Side window trims in black (High-Gloss)
- Deletion of Model Designation
- Electric drive transmission
- Porsche Electric Sport Sound
- Performance Battery Plus
- Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus
- Brake calipers in black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Sport Chrono Package
- 21-inch Taycan Exclusive Design wheels Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Wheels painted in Black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
- Panoramic roof, fixed glass
- Windscreen with grey top-tint
- Privacy glass
- ParkAssist including Surround View
- Ambient lighting
- Comfort Seats (14-Way, electric) with memory package
- Seat heating (front)
- Heated steering wheel (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior)
- Door sill guards in black brushed aluminium
- Passenger Display
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Powered charging port cover
- Mobile Charger Connect

Only comment on your spec would be the memory package - are you aware this doesn't seem to include electric steering column adjustment? Looks like you only get that with the upgrade to 14/18 way seats...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
Agree I think the comfort seats give you memory package, kerb side camera view and electric steering column adjustment..... I’ve specked them on my provisional UK order.

Got a similar dilemma here for my UK spec:

- Dolomite Silver Metallic
- Black leather interior
- Electric folding exterior mirrors
- Exterior mirror lower trims painted including mirror base painted in black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Side window trims in black (High-Gloss)
- Deletion of Model Designation
- Electric drive transmission
- Porsche Electric Sport Sound
- Performance Battery Plus
- Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus
- Brake calipers in black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Sport Chrono Package
- 21-inch Taycan Exclusive Design wheels Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Wheels painted in Black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
- Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
- Panoramic roof, fixed glass
- Windscreen with grey top-tint
- Privacy glass
- ParkAssist including Surround View
- Ambient lighting
- Comfort Seats (14-Way, electric) with memory package
- Seat heating (front)
- Heated steering wheel (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior)
- Door sill guards in black brushed aluminium
- Passenger Display
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Powered charging port cover
- Mobile Charger Connect

Only comment on your spec would be the memory package - are you aware this doesn't seem to include electric steering column adjustment? Looks like you only get that with the upgrade to 14/18 way seats...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I had 4-wheel steering on the Panamera and you really notice it when parking. It was a big car and I think it helped a lot.

As has already been said, it also seemed to make the car feel smaller. But as I didn’t drive a Panamera without it I can’t be sure how much of a difference it made!

I’m 99% sure I’ll spec it on the Taycan.
There is a German car rental guy for EVs and he test drove the Taycan on the "Ring". It's on youtube. He said, must not forget to order 4-wheel steering. It drives like on rails. Needless to say that he was "flashed" by the car. Same response from other people also test driving it that day.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My 2 cents on Rear Axel Steering (RAS) and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDDC).

I have owned a 911 with RAS because it came with the Sport Package and I have driven Porsches with PDDC on the track at Porsche World Roadshow and dealership sponsored events. If you are chasing laptimes both options are AWESOME. Get them, end of discussion. It completely makes sense that people driving the Taycan on the Ring would say get this option and I agree.

BUT

Most of us are daily driving modern a Porsche and have a dedicated track car or a GT3 type car to run @ the track, not a "normal" 911 or Panamera or Taycan "track car"

When the 99% use case is the street I feel both of these options are a poor choice. Yes the car handles extremely flat, but is flat "fun?" The grip and handling in these cars is already SO high, that you have to do stupid speeds or generate very high Gs on the street to get them to feel "fun" on a backroad. RAS and PDDC make this limit even higher and make the driver even more numb to weight transfer and where the limit is.

They are a waste of money on a street car and cannot be utilized to the full potential on the street by your average driver. Yes I'll give the RAS a point for making the turning circle smaller, but since you can't hop out of 1 car without it and into another with it instantly to see what you are "missing" you'll never know or care.

Also the Taycan with RAS option has another negative because it forces you to get Power Steering Plus (PSP) which over-boosts the electric steering that is already on the light/vague side and PSP makes it even more so. Look up some reviews on PSP for the 911/Panamera to see what I mean. Most "drivers" do not want anything to do with PSP.

They are $5000+ worth of options that sound really cool, and do indeed work, but aren't necessary and in some way make the car less fun and more sterile because the handling limits are so high and the driver is so numb to what the car is doing. YMMV.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 2 cents on Rear Axel Steering (RAS) and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDDC).

I have owned a 911 with RAS because it came with the Sport Package and I have driven Porsches with PDDC on the track at Porsche World Roadshow and dealership sponsored events. If you are chasing laptimes both options are AWESOME. Get them, end of discussion. It completely makes sense that people driving the Taycan on the Ring would say get this option and I agree.

BUT

Most of us are daily driving modern a Porsche and have a dedicated track car or a GT3 type car to run @ the track, not a "normal" 911 or Panamera or Taycan "track car"

When the 99% use case is the street I feel both of these options are a poor choice. Yes the car handles extremely flat, but is flat "fun?" The grip and handling in these cars is already SO high, that you have to do stupid speeds or generate very high Gs on the street to get them to feel "fun" on a backroad. RAS and PDDC make this limit even higher and make the driver even more numb to weight transfer and where the limit is.

They are a waste of money on a street car and cannot be utilized to the full potential on the street by your average driver. Yes I'll give the RAS a point for making the turning circle smaller, but since you can't hop out of 1 car without it and into another with it instantly to see what you are "missing" you'll never know or care.

Also the Taycan with RAS option has another negative because it forces you to get Power Steering Plus (PSP) which over-boosts the electric steering that is already on the light/vague side and PSP makes it even more so. Look up some reviews on PSP for the 911/Panamera to see what I mean. Most "drivers" do not want anything to do with PSP.

They are $5000+ worth of options that sound really cool, and do indeed work, but aren't necessary and in some way make the car less fun and more sterile because the handling limits are so high and the driver is so numb to what the car is doing. YMMV.
lol. Most sadly, we don’t all have a gt3.

I agree the options aren’t necessary, especially if you’re trying to trim some costs on the options. But on the 911 the RAS is quite noticeable on the street. I happen to like it quite a bit. I will spend the money on it for my own build order, but I probably wouldn’t consider it a deal breaker on CPO.

RE66ELl

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 4s
Country flag
I just couldn't make my mind up do I go 4s or turbo.

After many hours on the configurator and videos from my dealer of their time with a Taycan recently, settled on the following 4s spec as felt I didn’t need the turbo acceleration day to day, orders now in:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL88YRV7

What have you decided or thinking of spec wise and why?

[footnote]Edited by RE66ELL on Sunday 24th November 21:28[/footnote]

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just couldn't make my mind up do I go 4s or turbo.

After many hours on the configurator and videos from my dealer of their time with a Taycan recently, settled on the following 4s spec as felt I didn’t need the turbo acceleration day to day, orders now in:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL88YRV7

What have you decided or thinking of spec wise and why?
Not opting for Performance Battery Plus?

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
There is a German car rental guy for EVs and he test drove the Taycan on the "Ring". It's on youtube. He said, must not forget to order 4-wheel steering. It drives like on rails. Needless to say that he was "flashed" by the car. Same response from other people also test driving it that day.
as stated in this section, if you are tracking your car, rear wheel steering would be good, but I guarantee that 98% of the people buying the Taycan whether it is the Turbo, Turbo S, 4S or base will be driving it on the street and it will be money wasted. Think about before all these extra performance enhancing options existed, did you think your Porsche was not that good... of course not, it drove wonderfully. I have a 993 and the raw feeling, the connection to the road, the 6 speed, the sound over 5k rpm,the steering feel is all awesome. If you have the money and f it makes you feel that much more like Senna, go for it, if not, I am guessing you will not even notice it. The 4S I spec’d out started at $103k and ended at $150k (due in April I was told) and there was no performance enhancing options. Mine will be enjoyed for what it is, a Gran tourer for the road where I can wave to all the gas stations I pass.

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Wow thanks for that!!!!

I was in limbo with those, what about the PTV+. Can someone shed some of their personal experiences? Or their $0.02.

And please rate which one you think would be worth getting to the least between: rad, ptv+ or pdcc sport.

thanks in advance.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
as stated in this section, if you are tracking your car, rear wheel steering would be good, but I guarantee that 98% of the people buying...
Well I need this for my 90% city driving. He said, rear wheel steering need to order, unbelievable how this big car can turn!

Last edited:

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I can see you have ordered the Porsche Wall Box. Are you aware of the OLEV scheme in the UK where the Government subsidises the installation by £500 and gives a 3 year guarantee (https://www.gov.uk/government/colle...n-vehicles#electric-vehicle-homecharge-scheme)? The best charge box available in the UK is the MyEnergi Zappi 2 (https://myenergi.com/product/zappi/). It has many features including a phone app but its main claim to fame is if you have solar panels. It puts wireless clamps around your grid connection and your solar generation feed, thus allowing the car to be charged only using excess solar power. The picture shows the Zappi and a Tesla wall charger where some bloke called Elon Musk scribbled all over it! The Tesla one is quite unreliable but it was free so I don't complain!

You will find you are completely reliant on your home charging as you will do 95% of your charging there. Finding a good installer is vital if and when it goes wrong. I have no experience of the Porsche wall box but it may well be a case of style over substance.

Porsche Taycan My Spec and a couple of questions 01299d1d37ece39ceac465ce0b35d3790d05ee34ac

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why did you think you needed it? I too am thinking of going without it as not needed for my usage cycle.
According to my dealer most orders in the UK have this option specified. I do agree though that for the cost and only a small amount of additional mileage it is expensive. It was one of the options I thought about not specifying...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
According to my dealer most orders in the UK have this option specified. I do agree though that for the cost and only a small amount of additional mileage it is expensive. It was one of the options I thought about not specifying...
Thanks - my dealer told me the same thing - they do not have a single order without the Battery Plus specified and also no orders without the passenger screen and the super cool swipe battery cover. My dealer told me these are the three must have options on a 4S. I will update the other thread with my full spec :)
Sponsored