ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine had date in February, moved to mars 20 and now moved again to 17 April. So I guessing i will get in mid May "in Norway" you guys who got it already are some lucky sobs
Sponsored

Kosten

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E S4 ordered
Country flag
Mine had date in February, moved to mars 20 and now moved again to 17 April. So I guessing i will get in mid May "in Norway" you guys who got it already are some lucky sobs
When did you order ?

Bobrae99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Looks fantastic. I really like the color. I'd love to order one but I have no idea if the back seat will be suitable for our family of 4. At 5'8", When you get a chance, do you mind taking some pictures of the rear seat area and footwell with the driver's seat set up for a driver under 5'10"? Enjoy!!

nihas7

First Name
nihas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, RR velar
Country flag
Henriks picture of 4s standard interior

1CCB9747-0CF4-400F-AB6D-E2D46C38AF1A.jpeg
Standard interior looks much better than what I thought. Is it possible to send some more pictures of dash board, and sides of the seat. Also, how is the audio system?

OP
OP
HK111

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
What is your ride height set at in those 2 first pictures?
Thanks. It should have been "normal", I was picking up my son from sports on Sunday. But no guarantees :).

Cheers,
Henrik

OP
OP
HK111

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello,
It appears you got the standard brakes. How well do you think they work?
I don't have real data. They braked. But I tried not to brake like mad, but to maintain speed.

Cheers,
Henrik

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
It appears you got the standard brakes. How well do you think they work?
I don't have real data. They braked. But I tried not to brake like mad, but to maintain speed.
Many average folks, including myself, likely will never be able to accurately answer this question. Normal driving will barely use the physical brakes. I'm sure there is a difference on the track, and if you have to brake hard, but for normal daily use I'm betting the standard option will work very well.

OP
OP
HK111

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome Hkk! Did you happen to get adaptive cruise control? If not, does your auto-recuperation still work with out acc? The dealer says I have to get acc for auto-recup to work.

also, I’m curious how the 4s acceleration feels compared to turbo. My dealer only has turbo in stock, so I only tried turbo...but I ordered 4s.
  • I have the innodrive which contains adaptive cruise control, I assume. I hardly used it so far, I much preferred biological cruise control ;-). So I don't know. I also don't give much of a hoot about auto recuperation, because it really doesn't matter much if the car does the braking/regeneration or if you do it yourself if you tailgate too much.
  • The 4s acceleration feels extreme, I liked it very much, but will hardly ever use it from Zero / e.g. the traffic light. Maybe once or twice a day, haha. What is particularly nice though is that the car is also able to accellerate well at higher speeds. Even my wife said that cruising at 180km/h feels way to easy ("is there a roadway construction or why are all the others so slow?"), and that one can always overtake.
Cheers,
Henrik

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
and that one can always overtake.
That's why I am a hard core EV fan. Even though up until now the handling was terrible! To my utter delight Porsche solved that problem - well until they'll deliver mine, of course.

DaggieBe

Threads
Reaction score
Website
unrestricted.eu
Vehicles
This and that
Country flag
Thanks. It should have been "normal", I was picking up my son from sports on Sunday. But no guarantees :).

Cheers,
Henrik
Should you have the time, I'd like comparison pictures between normal / low and very low .. I realize this is asking a lot, but I'd like to see a Gentian Blue on 20" on those settings :)

PTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, RRS SC, S2000, Integra Type-R
Country flag
  • I have the innodrive which contains adaptive cruise control, I assume. I hardly used it so far, I much preferred biological cruise control ;-). So I don't know. I also don't give much of a hoot about auto recuperation, because it really doesn't matter much if the car does the braking/regeneration or if you do it yourself if you tailgate too much.
  • The 4s acceleration feels extreme, I liked it very much, but will hardly ever use it from Zero / e.g. the traffic light. Maybe once or twice a day, haha. What is particularly nice though is that the car is also able to accellerate well at higher speeds. Even my wife said that cruising at 180km/h feels way to easy ("is there a roadway construction or why are all the others so slow?"), and that one can always overtake.
Cheers,
Henrik
Thanks Henrik!

OP
OP
HK111

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nightflying T4S

Here some numbers from yesterday night. Runs were typically done from 0km/h up to speed for some minutes and then back to 0km/h. Outside air temperature was a bit above freezing. The car had to have the lights on :) and the climate setting was at "Eco".
  1. Range Run. In range mode and with a hesitant, very constant driving style, it is possible to push the power consumption down to below 20kWh per 100km. This was a run where I drove from a residential area to the autobahn, there cruising at about 111km/h, then stopping. Total distance was 22.9km, average speed 70km/h, consumption was 19.8 kWh/100km. This corresponds to 31.86 kWh/100 miles or about 318 Watthours per mile or about 3.14 miles/kWh.
  2. Aggro Speed Run. In sports mode and with a "go fast, brake, go faster" driving style (the Autobahn has 3 lanes and was nearly empty at midnight), power consumption easily goes up close to 50 kWh/100km. This was a run from an Autobahn entry to an Autobahn exit, in both times safely parked. Average speed was 149km/h, top speed 200+, distance 10.2 km, consumption 47.2 kWh/100 miles. This corresponds to 75.96 kWh/100 miles or about 756 Watthours per mile or about 1.32 miles/kWh.
  3. Fast Cruising Run. This is like the aggro speed run, with the speed, but without the aggro part. The idea is to drive fast, e.g. something like 170 +/- 15 km/h, but with very little variation and little braking. This was measured from standstill, but not to standstill, but while still driving 85km/h. The total distance was 7.7 km, average speed was 148km/h, consumption was 35.1 kWh. This corresponds to 56.5 kWh/100 miles or about 565 Watthours per mile or about 1.77 miles/kWh.
My takeaway: It is quite possible to drive long range, i.e. 400km+. It is just not what the car was made for :cool:! Autobahn driving will probably be mostly fast or medium fast cruising.

Cheers,
Henrik

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S delivered in Germany T4S_Sub20kWh_InRangeMode

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S delivered in Germany T4S_47kWh_Aggrospeedmode

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S delivered in Germany T4S_35kWh_Fastcruisemode