OP
OP

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
What range did it show on your first full charge?
Don't know. The car was fully charged when I left the dealership, but I don't remember. Now at home I immediately set a profile that charges to 85% and it worked as it should. As I'll charge to that unless going on a longer trip.

As it happens I'm going on a longer trip tomorrow so will charge to 100% tonight, I can check then.

OP
OP

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car was showing 383km range after charging to 100%. However I'm not sure how much that actually means, as I think it takes into account recent driving behaviour. Which tbh has been the opposite of hypermiling :) :)

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Congratulations!!! Looking forward to your review.

Chuck J

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
The delivery of my Taycan 4S was yesterday. Drove a total of 4 hours on the first day and I'm very happy with the car so far. It's incredible. Pouring rain today so taking a break now but can't wait to go driving again. Will have my first longer trip actually already in a few days!

I will do a proper review in a few weeks once I've had the time to get to know the car. But from what I've seen so far, I'm impressed. Compared to my Audi A7 I feel like I'm driving a formula car. And the flexibility is truly something. In normal mode the car can be driven as smoothly and comfortably as I've ever driven anything. But in sport and sport plus it transforms into a true sports car.

Lots of things I could already say, but they'll have to wait for the long review, where I will go through everything. But I can already say that it is an epic car.

There is one strange thing I noticed right away and want to ask other owners. The lights in the car tend to stay on even after I lock the car in the garage... what is that about? To me it seemed like a bug. I was able to get them to go off by unlocking -> switching to parking lights -> switching back to automatic lights -> locking again. Then the lights went immediately off. As the lights were on automatic originally, and switching back and forth then fixed it, I could only assume this must be a bug of some sort. Or am I missing something? This has already happened twice in my garage and basically seems to be normal operation.

And yes of course, before you guys ask, I do have some pictures. Here they are. Will post more with the proper review.

IMG_20200629_153337.jpg
IMG_20200629_153347.jpg
IMG_20200629_153320.jpg
Many congrats, Enjoy the next two weeks and we will all look forward to reading your review..... I wish I could same the same. Mine Turbo STILL in Emden, ordered last September !!

OP
OP

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I expected the estimated range can be very much off. I drove a 150km trip before taking a break and the range showed 293km left of the original 383km. So in reality I drove 150km but the range dropped 90km.

That was chilled out driving with the family, pretty efficient probably. Just says a lot of how much it matters how you drive.

Also interesting info as I charged the car to 97% at the stop using a fast charger and then the car showed 393km range. Previously it showed 383km with 100% charge. Just shows that the chill out driving session immediately affected the estimates.

Spirited Young Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The delivery of my Taycan 4S was yesterday. Drove a total of 4 hours on the first day and I'm very happy with the car so far. It's incredible. Pouring rain today so taking a break now but can't wait to go driving again. Will have my first longer trip actually already in a few days!

I will do a proper review in a few weeks once I've had the time to get to know the car. But from what I've seen so far, I'm impressed. Compared to my Audi A7 I feel like I'm driving a formula car. And the flexibility is truly something. In normal mode the car can be driven as smoothly and comfortably as I've ever driven anything. But in sport and sport plus it transforms into a true sports car.

Lots of things I could already say, but they'll have to wait for the long review, where I will go through everything. But I can already say that it is an epic car.

There is one strange thing I noticed right away and want to ask other owners. The lights in the car tend to stay on even after I lock the car in the garage... what is that about? To me it seemed like a bug. I was able to get them to go off by unlocking -> switching to parking lights -> switching back to automatic lights -> locking again. Then the lights went immediately off. As the lights were on automatic originally, and switching back and forth then fixed it, I could only assume this must be a bug of some sort. Or am I missing something? This has already happened twice in my garage and basically seems to be normal operation.

And yes of course, before you guys ask, I do have some pictures. Here they are. Will post more with the proper review.

IMG_20200629_153337.jpg
IMG_20200629_153347.jpg
IMG_20200629_153320.jpg
Lovely spec!

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Only 2KW at 90%... what they got that plugged into 110v plug?
no idea, I have not been over, just saw it on my app, but I suspect its just a basic socket
Sponsored