Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My Taycan 4S arrived at the dealership in Connecticut today. Here are pictures as well as
Very nice, like the white brakes, have some fun and let us know what you think

Last edited by a moderator:

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Congratulations.

Our local dealer received their first 4S late last week. If it doesn't sell it will become their 4S demonstrator.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sweet looking car! I thought about green, but didn’t have the guts. Just curious - why did you buy from a Connecticut dealer if you live in Georgia?

OP
OP
wemct

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Love the color
It was quite a journey. I called my sales associate in 2015 the day after the Mission E was first revealed to ask to be put on the waiting list. Imagine my surprise when I got a call last fall to tell me that Porsche was taking reservations and that my name was number 2 on the dealership's list from 2015. Mamba Green is not a color that I would normally choose, but the Taycan is such a futuristic looking car that I wanted to do something different. I was planning to do much more customization (interior stitching, vents and seat belts in Mamba Green, but I was informed that the Porsche Exclusive options would be very limited at launch, and my requests could not be done until further into the model year). I had to settle for having the interior door trim in Mamba Green. My most recent daily driver was a Maserati Quattroporte. It will be interesting to switch from the wail of the Ferrari engine to the silence of the Taycan's whoosh. Having driven the Taycan Turbo S at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, I know that this is the future.

OP
OP
wemct

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Dave T, before I moved to Georgia, I lived in Connecticut for 25 years. I have a great network of dealers in Connecticut that I have purchased a lot of cars from over the years. They all know by now that if they give me the right deal, I will pull the trigger. I haven't had to haggle on price for a long time. In February I was in the market for a new SUV (Maserati Levante S). I tried to give the local dealer in Atlanta the business. I got a price, but it didn't seem like a decent deal. I contacted my Maserati dealer in Greenwich, Connecticut. An hour later I got an email from the Connecticut dealer for a better equipped vehicle for $250 less per month, including scheduled maintenance for 2 years. Needless to say I bought the SUV from Connecticut and asked them to register it in Georgia. I will do the same thing with the Taycan. I have had no problem getting loaner cars or service appointments from dealerships that didn't sell me the cars. The service departments are more than happy to get the money for warranty and scheduled maintenance work.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It was quite a journey. I called my sales associate in 2015 the day after the Mission E was first revealed to ask to be put on the waiting list. Imagine my surprise when I got a call last fall to tell me that Porsche was taking reservations and that my name was number 2 on the dealership's list from 2015. Mamba Green is not a color that I would normally choose, but the Taycan is such a futuristic looking car that I wanted to do something different. I was planning to do much more customization (interior stitching, vents and seat belts in Mamba Green, but I was informed that the Porsche Exclusive options would be very limited at launch, and my requests could not be done until further into the model year). I had to settle for having the interior door trim in Mamba Green. My most recent daily driver was a Maserati Quattroporte. It will be interesting to switch from the wail of the Ferrari engine to the silence of the Taycan's whoosh. Having driven the Taycan Turbo S at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, I know that this is the future.
so why Connecticut?

OP
OP
wemct

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
so why Connecticut?
I purchased from the Connecticut dealer because I could not transfer my build slot to a dealer in the Atlanta area and I have a long standing relationship with the Connecticut dealership. When I originally submitted my order in November, I chose delivery to take place at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. Unfortunately PCNA informed the dealer that deliveries could not take place at the PEC until the second half of the year (this was all pre-COVID-19 so it might not be possible until much later now).

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SLS
Country flag
@Dave T, before I moved to Georgia, I lived in Connecticut for 25 years. I have a great network of dealers in Connecticut that I have purchased a lot of cars from over the years. They all know by now that if they give me the right deal, I will pull the trigger. I haven't had to haggle on price for a long time. In February I was in the market for a new SUV (Maserati Levante S). I tried to give the local dealer in Atlanta the business. I got a price, but it didn't seem like a decent deal. I contacted my Maserati dealer in Greenwich, Connecticut. An hour later I got an email from the Connecticut dealer for a better equipped vehicle for $250 less per month, including scheduled maintenance for 2 years. Needless to say I bought the SUV from Connecticut and asked them to register it in Georgia. I will do the same thing with the Taycan. I have had no problem getting loaner cars or service appointments from dealerships that didn't sell me the cars. The service departments are more than happy to get the money for warranty and scheduled maintenance work.
Same for me.

I live in NJ and have been both a Mercedes and Porsche customer for years. My local NJ based mercedes dealership are simply order takers (if this is believable, someone once told me they move 400 cars/month!), so they have zero interest in discounting cars or offering attractive deals and to make matters worse, even though I have been a customer of theirs for over 15 years, each time I come into the showroom its like they don’t know me, including my salesman.

Flash forward some years later and I have a Spyker I want to trade in for an SLS. The NJ dealer gives me a completely low ball number on the trade in and ZERO incentive on the new car. Just for kicks, I call up a dealer in PA, we chat, the guy is friendly as all get out and he gives me a number on the car over the phone that’s a whopping $20K higher than the NJ dealer. I come in, we do the deal, and then to top it off, he tells me that because I’m a first time customer, the dealership is offering me a free suit that will be fitted by a custom tailor that will come into my home to do the fitting. WHAT??!!

Flashforward again and I now ONLY buy my Mercedes from this dealership in PA even though its a bit of a haul from NJ. And guess what, this guy now comes to my house, drives my new car there and we do all the paper work at my home.

Customer for life!

OP
OP
wemct

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will have a great time picking up your car at PEC Atlanta. As mentioned by @NYC Entrepreneur the dealerships who are in it to build relationships do the little things that we remember. My Connecticut dealer got me an invitation back in February to spend a few hours at PEC Atlanta in a Taycan Turbo S. I had such a great time with the instructor. I am currently sitting out the shelter in place in Connecticut. I am planning to drive the Taycan back down to Georgia when things settle down a bit.

OP
OP
wemct

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It finally stopped raining so I was able to swap out the amber turn signals for the clear markers. It is hard to fully appreciate the Mamba Green in the photographs. It has a lot of metallic flake and the color shifts with the curves of the car. So far the best surprise from my list of options are the massage seats. They will come in handy when I drive back to Georgia.

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S US delivery today Taycan001

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S US delivery today Taycan002

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S US delivery today Taycan003

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S US delivery today Taycan004

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S US delivery today Taycan005

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Congratulations. Love the mamba green. The wheel setup with the white PSCB brakes looks so good... thanks for confirming I made the right choice on that! Side marker also looks perfect. Safe travels back home.
Sponsored