My Taycan CT4S build - will these missing components affect my delivery window?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Thanks to board member Climax-F82, he was able to plug my VIN and find out what parts need to be retrofitted and installed after the car arrives:

TaycanCT4Smissing parts.jpg

So according to the screencap:
1. retrofit telephone console - I assume this is the wireless phone charger
2. retrofit control unit for acoustic simulator - this is responsible for the Sport sound which I optioned.

So this leads to a few questions I'm putting forth to the group to answer:

1. Are either of these parts enough to make Porsche issue a stop sale on the car once it arrives at the dealership (I am doing the PEC-LA delivery experience and already have a scheduled date in early Dec to pick up my car) or should I be ok and able to take my car home once its prepped and ready for me.

2. Does this also mean I don't need to worry about commonly reported missing items like TPMS, the sun sensor module in the front dashboard (standard items) and the power electric steering column components (I optioned the 18 way seat memory package which includes this feature) since none of them are mentioned as active campaigns on my car. That I shouldn't have to be concerned about any prolonged hold ups in the destination port (northern California) once the car is unloaded from the shipping cargo ship?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks to board member Climax-F82, he was able to plug my VIN and find out what parts need to be retrofitted and installed after the car arrives:

TaycanCT4Smissing parts.jpg

So according to the screencap:
1. retrofit telephone console - I assume this is the wireless phone charger
2. retrofit control unit for acoustic simulator - this is responsible for the Sport sound which I optioned.

So this leads to a few questions I'm putting forth to the group to answer:

1. Are either of these parts enough to make Porsche issue a stop sale on the car once it arrives at the dealership (I am doing the PEC-LA delivery experience and already have a scheduled date in early Dec to pick up my car) or should I be ok and able to take my car home once its prepped and ready for me.

2. Does this also mean I don't need to worry about commonly reported missing items like TPMS, the sun sensor module in the front dashboard (standard items) and the power electric steering column components (I optioned the 18 way seat memory package which includes this feature) since none of them are mentioned as active campaigns on my car. That I shouldn't have to be concerned about any prolonged hold ups in the destination port (northern California) once the car is unloaded from the shipping cargo ship?
Climax-F52 plugged into what?

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Yep, you’re in the clear for the others. Mine shows those two and has a special flag on TPMS line that prevents the sale.

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, you’re in the clear for the others. Mine shows those two and has a special flag on TPMS line that prevents the sale.
Thanks, that's reassuring to hear ??

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
How do I get this information using my VIN?

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I have exactly the same recalls as you but I can tell you the electronic sport sound is up and running.

OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have exactly the same recalls as you but I can tell you the electronic sport sound is up and running.
Huh, that is weird ?

Does your electronic sport sound like it's supposed to?

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Probably just the external speaker

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I believe the missing part allows to be listened from outside the car. Not sure....

Reactions: sfr
OP
OP
Kayone73

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe the missing part allows to be listened from outside the car. Not sure....
So I finally received my car, and according to paperwork it is still missing the acoustic module that needs to be retrofitted.

However I've been driving the last few days and I can hear the Sports sound from inside and outside (when I roll the windows down) the car. So the mystery deepens: what is the point of this missing component? ?