My Taycan GTS order, better late than.....?

Sans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '23 Macan S, Triumph Speed Triple
Country flag
I've been hemming, hawing and forum lurking over the Taycan GTS for some time now and finally pulled the trigger. Was in getting the Mrs. a Macan and decided on the two-fer. Current thoughts are Dolomite Silver and Chalk interior but I know I have some time before it's truly locked in. Feel pretty good about the build otherwise but always happy to hear varying opinions. I realize it could be over a year before delivery (ugh) but after driving a '22 GTS, I've decided I kinda can't not get it so, here we are.

First question, are folks with white calipers feeling any regret on their color decision due to brake dust visibility?

Porsche Taycan My Taycan GTS order, better late than.....? Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 3.49.39 PM
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've been hemming, hawing and forum lurking over the Taycan GTS for some time now and finally pulled the trigger. Was in getting the Mrs. a Macan and decided on the two-fer. Current thoughts are Dolomite Silver and Chalk interior but I know I have some time before it's truly locked in. Feel pretty good about the build otherwise but always happy to hear varying opinions. I realize it could be over a year before delivery (ugh) but after driving a '22 GTS, I've decided I kinda can't not get it so, here we are.

First question, are folks with white calipers feeling any regret on their color decision due to brake dust visibility?

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 3.49.39 PM.png
Skip the upgraded brakes - waste of money as you rarely use the actual brakes given the motors do most of the braking. Dust is a non issue with PSCB or PCCB and very low on standard brakes given the use of motors for braking. If you don't like the standard red (GTS trade mark) then go black to compliment the silver.

Add B-Pillars in Race Tex (plastic otherwise).

I would also skip rear seat heating - pointless IMHO.

Most folk in US opt for ACC and thermal / sound glass but perhaps you've deliberately skipped.

Overall I think you've nailed it.

jigglypot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 MB 250 Taycan 4S - on order
Country flag
I agree with the previous post. Brakes are really not necessary especially since you aren't getting the mission e rims. 3k you can use for something else (such as the b pillars) or just save. I would also recommend ACC but if you are someone who doesn't really believe in its use then its all good. Really love the rest of the spec!

OP
OP
Sans

Sans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Skip the upgraded brakes - waste of money as you rarely use the actual brakes given the motors do most of the braking. Dust is a non issue with PSCB or PCCB and very low on standard brakes given the use of motors for braking. If you don't like the standard red (GTS trade mark) then go black to compliment the silver.

Add B-Pillars in Race Tex (plastic otherwise).

I would also skip rear seat heating - pointless IMHO.

Most folk in US opt for ACC and thermal / sound glass but perhaps you've deliberately skipped.

Overall I think you've nailed it.
Thanks W1NGE, my SA said the same thing about the breaks but I wasn't sure I was ready to remove them. I have no problem with the red calipers, I was just digging on the white as a change and nod to the interior. I could stay red or pay $900 for white repaint. I'm coming over from BMW land and I have break dust PTSD.

B-Pillars: noted. I didn't realize they were plastic.

The upgraded glass is on there but wasn't sure on the ACC so I purposefully skipped it. I've never really found an ACC I like (other cars). I prefer old school cruise control where I accelerate around people. Now, it might be worth it if it has crash avoidance in it. I probably need to read more there.

Thanks for taking time!

OP
OP
Sans

Sans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with the previous post. Brakes are really not necessary especially since you aren't getting the mission e rims. 3k you can use for something else (such as the b pillars) or just save. I would also recommend ACC but if you are someone who doesn't really believe in its use then its all good. Really love the rest of the spec!
Thanks Jiggly!

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi @Sans - I too am coming from BMW land and ordered my GTS in March. I landed on a very similar config to you. Dolomite Silver. On the interior I did not quite like the look of the chalk interior in another car in the showroom, so have gone with the Olea in black and extended leather options (B pillars + other). I went with the mission e wheels and in AUS this automatically adds the upgraded brakes. I selected black gloss accents externally, so mission e, brake calipers, Taycan GTS rear logo and side mirror bases all in gloss black. The GTS already comes with gloss black side skirts. Since order, no updates what-so-ever on dates in relation to build lock, production or delivery.

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
i have a base with the 21" spyder rims. the brake dust is driving me nuts. will definitely go PSCB when my GTS allocation comes.

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Love the build. I tried to get B-pillars in Race-Tex but my build was denied (this is as of 2 months ago). It might be a different ball game so maybe the parts are back. I wish I could retroactively add it for sure.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
i have a base with the 21" spyder rims. the brake dust is driving me nuts. will definitely go PSCB when my GTS allocation comes.
No front motor on RWD variant hence the additional brake dust as the discs are used all the time. Another reason to opt for 4S (or any AWD model).

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
No front motor on RWD variant hence the additional brake dust as the discs are used all the time. Another reason to opt for 4S (or any AWD model).
i also drive it quite hard daily. Everyone gets excited talking about ~265 kW of peak regen braking. Well your friction brakes are over a megawatt when you use them.

OP
OP
Sans

Sans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi @Sans - I too am coming from BMW land and ordered my GTS in March. I landed on a very similar config to you. Dolomite Silver. On the interior I did not quite like the look of the chalk interior in another car in the showroom, so have gone with the Olea in black and extended leather options (B pillars + other). I went with the mission e wheels and in AUS this automatically adds the upgraded brakes. I selected black gloss accents externally, so mission e, brake calipers, Taycan GTS rear logo and side mirror bases all in gloss black. The GTS already comes with gloss black side skirts. Since order, no updates what-so-ever on dates in relation to build lock, production or delivery.
Thanks Ozzie, I haven't seen chalk in person and probably should. I started with an all leather black interior and chalk seat belts which I thought looked cool but tried to step away from my comfort zone of black (always black) interiors.

My build code is PPER3Q55. Shoot me yours so I can see?

Cheers!

OP
OP
Sans

Sans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks bergs, oof, maybe should I should start a poll, lol.

OP
OP
Sans

Sans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love the build. I tried to get B-pillars in Race-Tex but my build was denied (this is as of 2 months ago). It might be a different ball game so maybe the parts are back. I wish I could retroactively add it for sure.
Thanks Atipical, in the one I test drove, I didn't think to look at the B pillars and shot a few pics of the interior from the driver perspective. The online configure systems shows it available for $590 - I might as well check it for now.

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
It’s not something you think about but I imagine it’s more comfortable to rest your arm on if you’re a taller guy. It will also resist scratching and scraping a lot more than plastic. Literally the only regret on my build lol
Sponsored