Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
My Gentian Blue Turbo has finally made it to Stavanger, Norway, just in time before everything in Europe is shut down. It will spend the next week with my favorite detailer https://www.ruyters.no/

In the pictures it has just been properly washed after the transport and it looks beautiful. However, it's amazing how many swirls and spider webs they manage to create during production. But it's always the same when getting a new car. A one stage polishing will take care of that. Then a coat of Modesta BC-04, curing, a coat of BC-05, final curing, then it's ready for action.

Will come back with more pics when it's good and ready, and then hopefully some pics from driving on the Norwegian mountain roads will follow:)

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_140031

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_140134

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_140149

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_140224

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_140245

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_142757

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_143640

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_144610

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_145105

Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200319_145533

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Congrats. Gorgeous car and great pictures, in the pictures had you already waxed it? Also what do you recommend for the side skirt to protect and make them black? Enjoy, enjoy and then report back.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
My Gentian Blue Turbo has finally made it to Stavanger, Norway, just in time before everything in Europe is shut down.
Have fun on the bendy narrow road on the south west coast;), while I will keep twiddling my thumbs for an indefinite time:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Rollep

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Congrats. Gorgeous car and great pictures, in the pictures had you already waxed it? Also what do you recommend for the side skirt to protect and make them black? Enjoy, enjoy and then report back.
No, in the pictures it's raw, straight from the factory. Since I was going for a proper 2 layer Modesta ceramic coating my dealership only did a technical check on the car and then charged it up before they took it over to my detailer. I am eager to take ownership of the car but I got a reservation 3 years ago, ordered it in September last year, so I can wait a couple days more:)

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
It's an amazing trip. Drove there 2yrs ago:like:. I had planned to drive Trollstigen and Atlanterhavsveien as my first trip, this spring. Hopefully, I can make it before next winter:rolleyes:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Nice car @Rollep ! The colour is very nice but so different to what I saw at the dealer!

You say that the swirls etc are bad but how was it with Orange Peel effect in the pain’t? The dealers often put on some “”wax”” that seems to have fillers in them, and once it is washed off, the paint works shows up terrible?

Nice to see the work that the detailed has done before.

All the best once you collect the car!,

PS some nice winter pictures and that decent road looks awesome!

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
Yes please show us when the coatings are on. I'm very curious about using them.
Looks awesome! congrats!

GRUNIQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTI, GT3 RS, Macan S, Z1
Country flag
Glückwunsch aus der Schweiz. Welche Lederausstattung haben Sie gewählt? Sieht aus wie Trüffelbraun

OP
OP
Rollep

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Nice car @Rollep ! The colour is very nice but so different to what I saw at the dealer!

You say that the swirls etc are bad but how was it with Orange Peel effect in the pain’t? The dealers often put on some “”wax”” that seems to have fillers in them, and once it is washed off, the paint works shows up terrible?

Nice to see the work that the detailed has done before.

All the best once you collect the car!,

PS some nice winter pictures and that decent road looks awesome!
There is no Orange Peel, the paint quality is very good, just like the other Porsche cars I have owned.

The swirls are not bad and will be easily removed by the polishing that's done prior to applying the ceramic coating.

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
My Gentian Blue Turbo has finally made it to Stavanger, Norway, just in time before everything in Europe is shut down. It will spend the next week with my favorite detailer https://www.ruyters.no/

In the pictures it has just been properly washed after the transport and it looks beautiful. However, it's amazing how many swirls and spider webs they manage to create during production. But it's always the same when getting a new car. A one stage polishing will take care of that. Then a coat of Modesta BC-04, curing, a coat of BC-05, final curing, then it's ready for action.

Will come back with more pics when it's good and ready, and then hopefully some pics from driving on the Norwegian mountain roads will follow:)

IMG_20200319_140031.jpg

IMG_20200319_140134.jpg

IMG_20200319_140149.jpg

IMG_20200319_140224.jpg

IMG_20200319_140245.jpg

IMG_20200319_142757.jpg

IMG_20200319_143640.jpg

IMG_20200319_144610.jpg

IMG_20200319_145105.jpg

IMG_20200319_145533.jpg
Are you seeing any of these panel gaps people are talking about?

OP
OP
Rollep

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Glückwunsch aus der Schweiz. Welche Lederausstattung haben Sie gewählt? Sieht aus wie Trüffelbraun
The interior is Olea Club Leather in Basalt Black. The lighting in the pictures makes it look a bit greyish, it is actually more black in real life.

OP
OP
Rollep

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Are you seeing any of these panel gaps people are talking about?
No, I checked the whole car and it looked fine to me. Symmetrical, not too tight, not too much gap.