OP
Rollep

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
The panel gaps is from a troll. They had taken a picture of a partially open door. It’s a non story.
Thank's, that's what I thought because I had never heard of such a thing.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@SHN and @Rollep, I have for a long time wanted to do Atlanterhavsveien and Trollstigen myself. Hopefully we can all get this terrible virus under control until the summer. Driving the roads through Norway is such an experience. There are the speed limits that are low, but frankly you do not want to rush through the landscape but sample and register all that beautiful scenery. My old diesel BMW did never ever given such brilliant mileage since

We have done Hurtigrutten from Kirkenes to Bergen and that was stunning. We have also driven up to Valdres National park and really want to see more of Norway now. I had planned to do this with my ICE car. I know Noray is leading with electric cars and have a good network of chargers, but have been unable to get proper information along these routes. Can you guys give your opinion and advise on possible stopovers and charging stations?

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Can you guys give your opinion and advise on possible stopovers and charging stations?
In 2015 I drove the west coast including Trollstigen with eGolf, and two years ago did a longer trip with my Tesla on the west and south west coast. I used the EV Trip planner to plan the route. However, currently I'm using A better route planner. I would recommend that you use one of these to plan the route. On the W and SW coast you will find routes that have "normal" roads and really narrow roads. I don't think you should be concern about finding charging station, but most of them are 50kWh. However, I recommend you to avoid holidays and travel off peak if can. First part of June and second part of August are safe bets.

nihas7

First Name
nihas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, RR velar
Country flag
Gratulerer!! Beautiful car and nice interior with olea club interior. How happy are you with ruyters? My car will hopefully arrive in June if no further delay :/ . I am planning to use https://bilbyenbilpleie.no in Stavanger - ceramic ultra. 9 year guarantee.

OP
OP
Rollep

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Gratulerer!! Beautiful car and nice interior with olea club interior. How happy are you with ruyters? My car will hopefully arrive in June if no further delay :/ . I am planning to use https://bilbyenbilpleie.no in Stavanger - ceramic ultra. 9 year guarantee.
Hi!
I'm very happy with Ruyters, they have done a very good job with my Taycan and also on another car a couple of years ago.

Had a nice little drive yesterday, it looks absolutely fantastic out in the sun:)
Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200328_150415
Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200328_150503
Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200328_150516
Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200328_150600
Porsche Taycan My Taycan Turbo made it to Norway before the shutdown IMG_20200328_150621

GRUNIQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTI, GT3 RS, Macan S, Z1
Country flag
Sehr schöne Bilder. Welche Fahrzeughöhe fahren Sie normalerweise?

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
A Porsche salesman mentioned to me that ceramic coating voids warranty on a Porsche. He said wax or wrapping is the way to go to protect the paint. Any thoughts?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A Porsche salesman mentioned to me that ceramic coating voids warranty on a Porsche. He said wax or wrapping is the way to go to protect the paint. Any thoughts?
which part of the warranty? I doubt the paint itself has a warranty and ceramic won't affect anything else.

Perhaps what they mean is that if after picking up the car you go back to them and notice some paint imperfections, that they can only address those if there is no ceramic on it yet.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That sounds very strange indeed. There is a warranty on the paint of three years I think. What that exactly covers is a good question. And my Porsche dealer offers a paint protection with ceramic coating by one company as an extra service! I think you should ask to have the statement explained In detail!

A professional detailer will not put a ceramic coating on a car that has paint defects for sure. He will highlight these during the initial inspection. If he finds so severe defects in the paint that can not be rectified, he will advise you to take the car back to Porsche and will not touch it!

I wonder what that salesperson was thinking though.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
which part of the warranty? I doubt the paint itself has a warranty and ceramic won't affect anything else.

Perhaps what they mean is that if after picking up the car you go back to them and notice some paint imperfections, that they can only address those if there is no ceramic on it yet.
Well they do cover paint with restrictions it seems @Taycan4S.

I found an article on Porsche Warranty, but you should always check in your country.
See https://www.motor1.com/reviews/392865/porsche-warranty/

The Porsche warranty will not cover paint or trim damage caused by the application of “unauthorized” paint sealants or polymers. If you’re unsure if a car-care product is good or bad for your Porsche, check with the dealer.

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
It was an enthustiastic salesman at Porsche that told me this. So, check with your local dealer I guess :)

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
It was an enthustiastic salesman at Porsche that told me this. So, check with your local dealer I guess :)
Which Porsche Center gave you this information? PCAB was happy to help me with booking time for coating, when mine arrives. I got no warning about voiding the warranty.

atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ISC and Taycan on order
Country flag
My Gentian Blue Turbo has finally made it to Stavanger, Norway, just in time before everything in Europe is shut down. It will spend the next week with my favorite detailer https://www.ruyters.no/

In the pictures it has just been properly washed after the transport and it looks beautiful. However, it's amazing how many swirls and spider webs they manage to create during production. But it's always the same when getting a new car. A one stage polishing will take care of that. Then a coat of Modesta BC-04, curing, a coat of BC-05, final curing, then it's ready for action.

Will come back with more pics when it's good and ready, and then hopefully some pics from driving on the Norwegian mountain roads will follow:)

IMG_20200319_140031.jpg

IMG_20200319_140134.jpg

IMG_20200319_140149.jpg

IMG_20200319_140224.jpg

IMG_20200319_140245.jpg

IMG_20200319_142757.jpg

IMG_20200319_143640.jpg

IMG_20200319_144610.jpg

IMG_20200319_145105.jpg

IMG_20200319_145533.jpg