OP
OP

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
Great looking car. Blue with 2 tone brown is fantastic. I am off to test drive a 4S at Sheffield next week...
I notice your build has the 150kW on-board charger. Is that necessary? A letter in Autocar this week from Porsche UK said that it might be needed at older and increasingly rare continental 400V chargers. In the UK all the 150kV chargers are 800V, so a Taycan will already charge at 150kV. And they are looking to perhaps remove it as an option. Or are you keeping your options open if you take it abroad?
When I ordered there was a fair amount of confusion over the charging situation.. for example the 22kw charging was dumped and I didn't know for some time. I just ticked the box, more or less, just in case. I am pretty certain it wasn't and isn't necessary.
Sponsored

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great looking car. Blue with 2 tone brown is fantastic. I am off to test drive a 4S at Sheffield next week...
I notice your build has the 150kW on-board charger. Is that necessary? A letter in Autocar this week from Porsche UK said that it might be needed at older and increasingly rare continental 400V chargers. In the UK all the 150kV chargers are 800V, so a Taycan will already charge at 150kV. And they are looking to perhaps remove it as an option. Or are you keeping your options open if you take it abroad?
went through same issue am keeping it to future proof the car just in case 800v chargers prove expensive which they are to commision and some companies decide to install 400v ones instead. Unlikely but future proof. Relatively a low cost option