My Turbo S woke up in German this morning....

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Porsche Taycan My Turbo S woke up in German this morning.... 163855853_10157591761381244_7106884255145393112_n
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Switched to English by itself about 20 minutes later while driving.... :CWL::CWL::CWL:

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mine does the same.
Wonder if the update will fix it.
My software update booked for May.

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
Mine does that also and yesterday the main screen would not turn on for a couple of hours then reset itself.
hope the update that needs to be carried out will solve many of the issues.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Same here. From time to time this one word switches to German and back. But no impact on anything else and only this one word. If it doesn’t go any further than this I’m not going to let it bother me.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Mine occasionally speaks the nav directions using km instead of miles. The display still shows miles but every once in a while it it decides to speak in metric. It's just a little quirky.

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably easier to just learn German at this point! Perhaps I’ll pickup a copy of Rosetta Stone before I get my car.
Ich habe mein deutsch vergessen... :CWL: :CWL: I lived in Germany several years but I have forgotten most of my German...

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Same here. From time to time this one word switches to German and back. But no impact on anything else and only this one word. If it doesn’t go any further than this I’m not going to let it bother me.
Same here! My wife is German, so I thought she was just messing with me...ha ha.

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sometimes when patients are just waking up from surgery, they speak a foreign language. This is probably the case. Born in Germany. If the Taycan wakes up a little groggy, maybe some bad electrons, it takes a while to get reoriented. Just my theory!

Dennisr

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan base
Country flag
I have witnessed the same issue on the navigation screen, and on the charging screen shown here

Porsche Taycan My Turbo S woke up in German this morning.... Taycan charging screen
Sponsored