afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here's my wishlist. Curious if anyone has any others... :)

Dear Porsche,

Allow me to start by saying how much I love my Taycan Turbo. It really is a true Porsche in every sense. I do love it!

Now please also me to make a few suggestions to make it even better. These are in no particular order.

- Soft close doors - while not a must, I really miss not having this option. I really got used to it on my Cayenne Turbo.
- Sorting favorite media stations using the steering column scroll wheel. Everyone does this and candidly, it seems unsafe to have to take my eye off the road ahead and hand off the steering wheel. I'm willing to kick in some coding dollars if it helps. ;)
- back-up camera and the garage door short cuts. Please use the right side of the screen or the right scope area of the dashboard to allow me to close the garage while still being able to view the surround screen or back-up camera. Another safety opportunity :)
- find a way to improve the satellite antenna. Drops more than it should. As a matter of fact, the car's computer even tells me it is poor reception.
Sponsored

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
  1. Improve PCM user interface. The current menu system is confusing. It can also be slow at times.
  2. Improve iPhone and Watch app. Not as feature-rich as other carmakers apps, like BMW and Tesla.
  3. Improve rear camera. The quality and distortion is so bad; it's laughable.
  4. Improve HUD. I passed on this option because it's pretty basic in functionality compared to what I've used in BMW. For example, the HUD doesn't work with CarPlay so you can't see turn-by-turn directions in the HUD while using Apple Maps or Google Maps.
  5. Replace touch controls with tactile buttons. I shouldn't have to take my eyes off the road to control A/C. Even if Porsche just gave A/C controls real buttons and switches like the Audi e-Tron, I would be extremely happy.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
- Soft close doors - while not a must, I really miss not having this option. I really got used to it on my Cayenne Turbo.
Yes please. That's it? My list would be much longer...

How about bring back a few more physical buttons, i.e. trunk opener in driver's door?

Generally remember much much more settings and add in settings a "default all settings".

How about remember the seat cooling but only when you sit in but not switch on the car? Make the cooling button work like the fancy Dyson hair dryer. Could apply to the seat heating, too.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I hope they merge the J1 platform (Taycan and e-tron GT) with the PPE platform as the Macan / A6 e-tron should get, which should give 500 miles of range.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I would like ALL of my settings to be remembered? It seems every time I get in the car I have to set something up the way I want. . . .

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
- Make this possible: Create a FAT32 USB stick with request.txt file on it, specifying all information the car needs to copy to the stick. One can think of fault codes, car configuration, module version numbers, log files, real-time data, battery status, ...
- Release a Docker software development kit and set up a Porsche App Store. Keep it under tight control, review all apps and take 30% commission, just like Apple does.
- Improve Innodrive and ALK
- Allow access to car data on Porsche servers

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Car Key support would also be awesome.

Use your iPhone or Apple Watch to unlock and start your car, and share your car key with other people.

Our BMW X5 has this feature and it's really great that I don't have to carry a car key any more. I just have to tap my Apple Watch to the door handle and it unlocks. You can also start the car with your iPhone in the wireless charging tray. Next year, you'll be able to unlock and start your BMW without even taking your phone out of your pocket.

Let's go, Porsche!

Source: https://www.bmw.com/en/innovation/bmw-digital-key-iphone-as-secure-bmw-car-key.html

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag

Dear Porsche,

Allow me to start by saying how much I love my Taycan Turbo. It really is a true Porsche in every sense. I do love it!

Now please also me to make a few suggestions to make it even better. These are in no particular order.

- Sorting favorite media stations using the steering column scroll wheel. Everyone does this and candidly, it seems unsafe to have to take my eye off the road ahead and hand off the steering wheel. I'm willing to kick in some coding dollars if it helps. ;)
- back-up camera and the garage door short cuts. Please use the right side of the screen or the right scope area of the dashboard to allow me to close the garage while still being able to view the surround screen or back-up camera. Another safety opportunity :)
- find a way to improve the satellite antenna. Drops more than it should. As a matter of fact, the car's computer even tells me it is poor reception.
Great car, but a couple:
Regenerative multistage paddles, like Etron GT’S and my daughter’s Kia Niro EV.
Operable sunroof. (Love my 964’s)
Curb sensing. (Rash prevention!)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Dear Porsche,

If only one thing could become a reality, please let it be the soft-close doors...

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
These suggestions are great! Here are my suggestions in no particular order:

-- a bigger battery option (bring the EPA estimate to over 300 miles / 483 km)
-- capability to charge the Taycan at Tesla superchargers
-- more frunk space (the 911 swallows a 25" suitcase - why not the Taycan?)
-- two more personalizable 'diamond' buttons on the dashboard
-- wireless Android Auto
-- sunglasses holder in the center roof console
-- a slot next to the cup holders to hold my phone so that I don't have to put my phone in one of the cup holders

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
a bigger battery option (bring the EPA estimate to over 300 miles / 483 km)
That’s going to add a lot of weight.

capability to charge the Taycan at Tesla superchargers
That one is up to Tesla.

more frunk space (the 911 swallows a 25" suitcase - why not the Taycan?)
It’s a different car. You also have a trunk that the 911 doesn’t have.

———————
Also, the red text is really hard to read. Here’s what it looks like in dark mode:

Porsche Taycan My wishlist for the 2023 Taycan F99022E3-8C8B-444D-A09B-7966626A877F
Sponsored