My2020 vs My2021

Okisbaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi Guys,

1st time posting here, thanks for all the wonderful info in this forum.
I am debating buying a used MY2020 turbo 15k miles vs a used My2021 4S 8kmiles both fully loaded 20K USD difference in price.

1. What if any difference between both model years
2. With the new 2023 big Update will i miss anything if I went with the My2020 Turbo?

Thanks
Sponsored

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Hi Guys,

1st time posting here, thanks for all the wonderful info in this forum.
I am debating buying a used MY2020 turbo 15k miles vs a used My2021 4S 8kmiles both fully loaded 20K USD difference in price.

1. What if any difference between both model years
2. With the new 2023 big Update will i miss anything if I went with the My2020 Turbo?

Thanks
After the big uPdate, they will basically be on the same MY platform and will be the equivalent of comparing a Turbo and 4S of the same model year. The only exception to that I can think of is Plug and Charge. That will be on a 2021 and not on a 2020. The 2020 on board charger does not support that because of a hardware limitation that didn’t come out until 2021 and is not included with the uPdate.

The high capacity AC charger is now going to be available as a retrofit for MY 2020 cars that will bring with it Plug and Charge, but at an extra price that I am not aware the cost of, and in the US you wouldn’t really get any benefit of the higher capacity charger unless you invest in required home infrastructure.

So basically the only difference without doing that retrofit is you’ll have to use the My Porsche app to activate a charge at Electrify America locations. I’d personally still go with the MY2020 Turbo if you are OK with the extra $20K, especially after the uPdate. 4S is plenty fast but I am in a TTS and it’s amazing and I have been spoiled by it.

OP
OP
Okisbaba

Okisbaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
After the big uPdate, they will basically be on the same MY platform and will be the equivalent of comparing a Turbo and 4S of the same model year. The only exception to that I can think of is Plug and Charge. That will be on a 2021 and not on a 2020. The 2020 on board charger does not support that because of a hardware limitation that didn’t come out until 2021 and is not included with the uPdate.

The high capacity AC charger is now going to be available as a retrofit for MY 2020 cars that will bring with it Plug and Charge, but at an extra price that I am not aware the cost of, and in the US you wouldn’t really get any benefit of the higher capacity charger unless you invest in required home infrastructure.

So basically the only difference without doing that retrofit is you’ll have to use the My Porsche app to activate a charge at Electrify America locations. I’d personally still go with the MY2020 Turbo if you are OK with the extra $20K, especially after the uPdate. 4S is plenty fast but I am in a TTS and it’s amazing and I have been spoiled by it.
Thanks for the explanation, how much pain to use the app to charge vs Plug and charge

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Thanks for the explanation, how much pain to use the app to charge vs Plug and charge
Not a big deal at all for me. Admittedly I do 99% of my charging in my garage so it’s a non-issue. AC home charging is always plug and charge on all model years (subject to any profiles or timers you have set). You only need to use the app at a DC fast charger and it just takes a few seconds.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
The obvious choice would be the Turbo but don't forget to check the options to make sure you will not regret something (that can't be FOD)

OP
OP
Okisbaba

Okisbaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The obvious choice would be the Turbo but don't forget to check the options to make sure you will not regret something (that can't be FOD)

Both are loaded only difference is 4S has a heads-up display and green mamba color which I really like. Turbo has everything the 4S has but Turbo comes with yellow calipers otherwise both are loaded. Will go for Turbo

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Both are loaded only difference is 4S has a heads-up display and green mamba color which I really like. Turbo has everything the 4S has but Turbo comes with yellow calipers otherwise both are loaded. Will go for Turbo
Turbo is mamba green as well?
what kind of interiror?

Btw: my vote goes to younger, 4S.

OP
OP
Okisbaba

Okisbaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Turbo is mamba green as well?
what kind of interiror?

Btw: my vote goes to younger, 4S.
Turbo is Gentian Blue Metallic with a black interior
4S is Mamba green with Red interior

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
One tiny other thing I think might be different - in 2020 I don't think the premium package included power folding mirrors. Maybe that changed in 2021?

OP
OP
Okisbaba

Okisbaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
One tiny other thing I think might be different - in 2020 I don't think the premium package included power folding mirrors. Maybe that changed in 2021?
That is true, the turbo 2020 had Premium pkg and a separate line for $330 Power folding exterior mirrors. I pulled the trigger on the Turbo price was too good to pass and the 1st owner ticked all the options lol