MY2021 Software update in the US- Porsche NA email...

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
I pickup my car next week at PEC LA- apparently will have to schedule an update as soon as I get back... seems inline with other posts I have seen.

Model year 2021 Porsche Taycan Complimentary Software Update.

This notice applies to your vehicle:

Dear Mr. Chapman,

Porsche is committed to the highest standards of product quality, customer satisfaction and ownership experience. To maintain and enhance this experience, we are pleased to offer you a complimentary software update to bring the latest in technology improvements to your Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system, charging functionality and driving comfort

What should you do?
At your earliest convenience, please contact your authorized Porsche dealer to schedule an appointment for this update and to arrange for alternate transportation during the repair period, if needed.

What does the software update include?
This update provides software optimizations for:

Charging
  • Improved home charging, including charging with third-party charging equipment.
  • Improved stability of charging and further optimization of the timer charging function.
Chassis and driving comfort
  • Optimization of start up behavior.
Digital cockpit display (instrument cluster) with 16.8-inch curved display / Porsche Communication Management (central display)
  • Start up behavior and performance of the instrument cluster and the central display are improved.
  • Optimization of navigation system stability.
What will Porsche do?

Porsche is conducting a campaign to update the software for your vehicle. This update will be carried out at no expense to you and will take approximately 4 hours to complete. To arrange for alternate transportation during the repair period, please discuss the mobility options available to you with your authorized Porsche dealer while making your appointment for this update.

We are taking this action to help ensure the best experience with your vehicle and look forward to your visit to your authorized Porsche dealership.

Sincerely,
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I would request that they perform the update prior to taking delivery. Make certain it all works. Hopefully this would not delay your delivery.
Seems silly to receive the vehicle and have to give it back to them and get a loaner.

OP
OP
ejcintr

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
I would request that they perform the update prior to taking delivery. Make certain it all works. Hopefully this would not delay your delivery.
Seems silly to receive the vehicle and have to give it back to them and get a loaner.
Indeed- gonna talk to them . would make sense if they did this prior to me picking it up

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Indeed- gonna talk to them . would make sense if they did this prior to me picking it up
For your troubles have them throw in (at their expense) the hour and half track experience at PECLA in one of their Taycan.
It is a great experience, let's you see and feel what your vehicle is capable of. Lastly you get to abuse their fleet rather than your vehicle.

Last edited:

lubricious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
MY2021 picked up last month and got the email this morning too. Will be bringing it in in 2 weeks for the software update.

OP
OP
ejcintr

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
For your troubles have them through in (at their expense) the hour and half track experience at PECLA in one of their Taycan.
It is a great experience, let's you see and feel what your vehicle is capable of. Lastly you get to abuse their fleet rather than your vehicle.
That's the plan... schedule for that next week regardless ;)

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
I got the e-mail too. I'll be taking it in next week for the update.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Great to hear that it is rolling out in the US! Maybe that means they'll be able to fix my car soon...:rolleyes::mad::(

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
My MY21 Taycan 4S is on track to be delivered March 26. I reached out to my dealer last week noting that I believe an update is available and I would like it done prior to me officially picking up my car… Even if that meant pushing the pick up date back 1-2 days. They noted that they looked up my VIN and that I have no outstanding updates available for the vehicle. What are the chances? I have a feeling I will be getting an email right after I take my car home…

Is there a place in the vehicle to take a look at what software version the car has? if yes, what is the software version #? I will make sure they take a look when it arrives (and before I head out to pick it up).

Thanks!

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Any cars at the port will not be released unless they have the update. If your is at the dealer I am sure they will do the update before you pick it up. It becomes available on Wednesday.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
For your troubles have them through in (at their expense) the hour and half track experience at PECLA in one of their Taycan.
I agree, that would be a great perk that really wouldn't cost them much to give, I did the one in ATL.
exhilarating is the best description of the experience.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My MY21 Taycan 4S is on track to be delivered March 26. I reached out to my dealer last week noting that I believe an update is available and I would like it done prior to me officially picking up my car… Even if that meant pushing the pick up date back 1-2 days. They noted that they looked up my VIN and that I have no outstanding updates available for the vehicle. What are the chances? I have a feeling I will be getting an email right after I take my car home…

Is there a place in the vehicle to take a look at what software version the car has? if yes, what is the software version #? I will make sure they take a look when it arrives (and before I head out to pick it up).

Thanks!
All 21's are getting this update. Where is your car now?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

Thanks!
yes, there is a place where the current software is displayed, however I do not know what software is current

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes, there is a place where the current software is displayed, however I do not know what software is current
You don't have this software. It isn't even available until Wednesday.